Alfonsoo

Tripping with a guitar amp feedback noise?

7 posts in this topic

I remember seeing somewhere that a guy said he used to enter some sort of dissociative state by putting a guitar amp at high volume and letting the feedback noise play. And laying right next to the speaker. I’m guessing it has something to do with the powerful vibrations kind of knocking you unconscious but not all the way.

Has anybody heard of something like this? Does it make sense? 

You can get permanent tinnitus by attempting that. There are way better and effective, safe techniques discussed on this forum.

4 hours ago, molosku said:

You can get permanent tinnitus by attempting that. There are way better and effective, safe techniques discussed on this forum.

I know, but I was just wandering if it actually worked

11 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

I know, but I was just wandering if it actually worked

chop wood, carry water ==> chop wood, carry water with mind crippling suffering and probably serious problems with sleep for the rest of your life. Some people kill themselves over tinnitus.

14 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

The Grateful Dead did it at the end of some shows in the late 60's

I don't really get it though...

wise? No. Cool? At least they thought so :D

@Alfonsoo  It's sensory overload, which forces a state of concentration because while you're overwhelmed with the sounds, there isn't any 'room' left for your brain to do its usual patterns of thought.

The feedback is a loop, between mic & amp (or guitar pick ups which are mic’s, & amp). The effect of the intensity of the loop is in the contrast; awareness that awareness is not in a loop, which would be thoughts, or, a self referential thought loop (a belief). Similar effect compared with psychedelics, and the Heaven or hell therein, upon clinging, or letting go, of beliefs (self referential thought loops / feedback). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE