Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Empty

My Four Agreements Journal

4 posts in this topic

The concepts in this journal are taken from the book; the Four Agreement by DON MIGUEL RUIZ. It is a such an effective book of life transformation if taken seriously. I read the book one year ago. I did practice some of its cencept, but I need to get to the next level. 

Domestication and the Dream of the Planet

WHAT YOU ARE SEEING AND HEARING RIGHT NOW IS nothing but a dream. You are dreaming right now in this moment. You are dreaming with the brain awake. 

Dreaming is the main function of the mind, and the mind dreams twenty-four hours a day. It dreams when the brain is awake, and it also dreams when the brain is asleep. The difference is that when the brain is awake, there is a material frame that makes us perceive things in a linear way. When we go to sleep we do not have the frame, and the dream has the tendency to change constantly...... 

PRELUDE TO A NEW DREAM   

There are thousands of agreements you have made with yourself, with other people, with your dream of life, with God, with society, with your parents, with your spouse, with your children. But the most important agreements are the ones you made with yourself. In these agreements you tell yourself who you are, what you feel, what you believe, and how to behave. The result is what you call your personality. In these agreements you say, “This is what I am. This is what I believe. I can do certain things, and some things I cannot do. This is reality, that is fantasy; this is possible, that is impossible.”   

Each time you break an agreement, all the power you used to create it returns to you. If you adopt these four new agreements, they will create enough personal power for you to change the entire system of your old agreements. You need a very strong will in order to adopt The Four Agreements — but if you can begin to live your life with these agreements, the transformation in your life will be amazing. You will see the drama of hell disappear right before your very eyes. Instead of living in a dream of hell, you will be creating a new dream — your personal dream of heaven.

The Four Agreements, which should be installed are the followoing: 

1) Be impeccable with your word. 

THE FIRST AGREEMENT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE and also the most difficult one to honor. It is so important that with just this first agreement you will be able to transcend to the level of existence I call heaven on earth.....                                                                                                                                                                         Just imagine what you can create with impeccability of the word. With the impeccability of the word you can transcend the dream of fear and live a different life. You can live in heaven in the middle of thousands of people living in hell because you are immune to that hell. You can attain the kingdom of heaven from this one agreement: Be impeccable with your word. 

How To Apply The Agreement: 

• Not using the word "I will "
  • I should try to say only positive words about myself and other people. 
  • Reality is just as it is. I have ZERO control over it. 
  • All I do is turning within and cleaning myself up. 

2) Don't Take Anything Personally  

The deep I could meditate so far is 4 hours. I ( will) make it a habit from now on. So, four hours of SDS everyday. this wil help to expand my awareness. I believe it will help me not taking things personally and making assumption about others.

THE NEXT THREE AGREEMENTS ARE REALLY BORN from the first agreement. The second agreement is don’t take anything personally. Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally. Using an earlier example, if I see you on the street and I say, “Hey, you are so stupid,” without knowing you, it’s not about you; it’s about me. If you take it personally, then perhaps you believe you are stupid. Maybe you think to yourself, “How does he know? Is he clairvoyant, or can everybody see how stupid I am?” You take it personally because you agree with whatever was said. As soon as you agree, the poison goes through you, and you are trapped in the dream of hell. What causes you to be trapped is what we call personal importance. Personal importance, or taking things personally, is the maximum expression of selfishness because we make the assumption that everything is about “me.” During the period of our education, or our domestication, we learn to take everything personally. We think we are responsible for everything. Me, me, me, always me!  

3) Don't Make Assumption  

• There is just "seeing". I experienced seeing after a 3 hours od meditation. I know how it feels. So, that " state" should be permanant, all the time. Well, hopefully.. 
  • There is only "here"  "now" what time is it? Now!!

THE THIRD AGREEMENT IS DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS. We have the tendency to make assumptions about everything. The problem with making assumptions is that we believe they are the truth. We could swear they are real. We make assumptions about what others are doing or thinking — we take it personally — then we blame them and react by sending emotional poison with our word. That is why whenever we make assumptions, we’re asking for problems. We make an assumption, we misunderstand, we take it personally, and we end up creating a whole big drama for nothing. All the sadness and drama you have lived in your life was rooted in making assumptions and taking things personally. Take a moment to consider the truth of this statement. The whole war of control between humans is about making assumptions and taking things personally. Our whole dream of hell is based on that.

4) Always Do Your Best  

• Do my best in the gym to get the body I want.
  • Do my best in my social interaction.
  • I am giong to do my best in my online marketing. I am an ABNORMALLY passionate beginner on this field. So, It is mastered for sure ;) .
  • Reading and updating this journal everyday.

THERE IS JUST ONE MORE AGREEMENT, BUT IT’S THE one that allows the other three to become deeply ingrained habits. The fourth agreement is about the action of the first three: Always do your best.  

Do your best to follow those four agreement. Know that your best change from time to time. You are not going to be" your best all the time, but it is ok. 

Breaking Old Agreements   

Awareness is always the first step because if you are not aware, there is nothing you can change. If you are not aware that your mind is full of wounds and emotional poison, you cannot begin to clean and heal the wounds and you will continue to suffer. There is no reason to suffer. With awareness you can rebel and say, “This is enough!” You can look for a way to heal and transform your personal dream. The dream of the planet is just a dream. It is not even real. If you go into the dream and start challenging your beliefs, you will find that most of the beliefs that guided you into the wounded mind are not even true. You will find that you suffered all those years of drama for nothing. Why? Because the belief system that was put inside your mind is based on lies.  

THE ART OF TRANSFORMATION: THE DREAM OF THE SECOND ATTENTION  

One way to change your beliefs is to focus your attention on all those agreements and beliefs, and change the agreements with yourself. In doing this you are using your attention for the second time, thus creating the dream of the second attention or the new dream.   

The difference is that you are no longer innocent. When you were a child this was not true; you didn’t have a choice. But you are no longer a child. Now it’s up to you to choose what to believe and what not to believe. You can choose to believe in anything, and that includes believing in yourself. The first step is to become aware of the fog that is in your mind. You must become aware that you are dreaming all the time. Only with awareness do you have the possibility of transforming your dream. If you have the awareness that the whole drama of your life is the result of what you believe, and what you believe is not real, then you can begin to change it. However, to really change your beliefs you need to focus your attention on what it is that you want to change. You have to know which agreements you want to change before you can change them. So the next step is to develop awareness of all the self-limiting, fear-based beliefs that make you unhappy. You take an inventory of all that you believe, all your agreements, and through this process you begin the transformation. The Toltecs called this the Art of Transformation, and it’s a whole mastery. You achieve the Mastery of Transformation by changing the fear-based agreements that make you suffer, and reprogramming your own mind, in your own way. One of the ways to do this is to explore and adopt alternative beliefs such as the Four Agreements.  

Heaven on Earth 

I WANT YOU TO FORGET EVERYTHING YOU HAVE learned in your whole life. This is the beginning of a new understanding, a new dream. The dream you are living is your creation. It is your perception of reality that you can change at any time. You have the power to create hell, and you have the power to create heaven. Why not dream a different dream? Why not use your mind, your imagination, and your emotions to dream heaven?   

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM 

Today, Creator of the Universe, we ask that you come to us and share with us a strong communion of love. We know that your real name is Love, that to have a communion with you means to share the same vibration, the same frequency that you are, because you are the only thing that exists in the universe. Today, help us to be like you are, to love life, to be life, to be love. Help us to love the way you love, with no conditions, no expectations, no obligations, without any judgment. Help us to love and accept ourselves without any judgment, because when we judge ourselves, we find ourselves guilty and we need to be punished. Help us to love everything you create unconditionally, especially other human beings, especially those who live around us — all our relatives and people whom we try so hard to love. Because when we reject them, we reject ourselves, and when we reject ourselves, we reject You. Help us to love others just the way they are with no conditions. Help us to accept them the way they are, without judgment, because if we judge them, we find them guilty, we blame them, and we have the need to punish them. Today, clean our hearts of any emotional poison that we have, free our minds from any judgment so that we can live in complete peace and complete love. Today is a very special day. Today we open our hearts to love again so that we can tell each other “I love you,” without any fear, and really mean it. Today, we offer ourselves to you. Come to us, use our voices, use our eyes, use our hands, and use our hearts to share ourselves in a communion of love with everyone. Today, Creator, help us to be just like you are. Thank you for everything that we receive this day, especially for the freedom to be who we really are. Amen. 

PRAYER FOR LOVE 

We are going to share a beautiful dream together — a dream that you will love to have all of the time. In this dream you are in the middle of a beautiful, warm sunny day. You hear the birds, the wind, and a little river. You walk toward the river. At the edge of the river is an old man in meditation, and you see that out of his head comes a beautiful light of different colors. You try not to bother him, but he notices your presence and opens his eyes. He has the kind of eyes that are full of love and a big smile. You ask him how he is able to radiate all that beautiful light. You ask him if he can teach you to do what he is doing. He replies that many, many, years ago he asked the same question of his teacher. The old man begins to tell you his story: “My teacher opened his chest and took out his heart, and he took a beautiful flame from his heart. Then he opened my chest, opened my heart, and he put that little flame inside it. He put my heart back in my chest, and as soon as my heart was inside me, I felt intense love, because the flame he put in my heart was his own love. “That flame grew in my heart and became a big, big fire — a fire that doesn’t burn, but purifies everything that it touches. And that fire touched each one of the cells of my body, and the cells of my body loved me back. I became one with my body, but my love grew even more. That fire touched every emotion of my mind, and all the emotions transformed into a strong and intense love. And I loved myself, completely and unconditionally. “But the fire kept burning and I had the need to share my love. I decided to put a little piece of my love in every tree, and the trees loved me back, and I became one with the trees, but my love did not stop, it grew more. I put a piece of love in every flower, in the grass, in the earth and they loved me back, and we became one. And my love grew more and more to love every animal in the world. They responded to my love and they loved me back, and we became one. But my love kept growing and growing. “I put a piece of my love in every crystal, in every stone in the ground, in the dirt, in the metals, and they loved me back, and I became one with the earth. And then I decided to put my love in the water, in the oceans, in the rivers, in the rain, in the snow. And they loved me back and we became one. And still my love grew more and more. I decided to give my love to the air, to the wind. I felt a strong communion with the earth, with the wind, with the oceans, with nature, and my love grew and grew. “I turned my head to the sky, to the sun, to the stars, and put a little piece of my love in every star, in the moon, in the sun, and they loved me back. And I became one with the moon and the sun and the stars, and my love kept growing and growing. And I put a little piece of my love in every human, and I became one with the whole of humanity. Wherever I go, whomever I meet, I see myself in their eyes, because I am a part of everything, because I love.” And then the old man opens his own chest, takes out his heart with that beautiful flame inside, and he puts that flame in your heart. And now that love is growing inside of you. Now you are one with the wind, with the water, with the stars, with all of nature, with all animals, and with all humans. You feel the heat and the light emanating from the flame in your heart. Out of your head shines a beautiful light of different colors. You are radiant with the glow of love and you pray: Thank you, Creator of the Universe, for the gift of life you have given me. Thank you for giving me everything that I have ever truly needed. Thank you for the opportunity to experience this beautiful body and this wonderful mind. Thank you for living inside me with all your love, with your pure and boundless spirit, with your warm and radiant light. Thank you for using my words, for using my eyes, for using my heart to share your love wherever I go. I love you just the way you are, and because I am your creation, I love myself just the way I am. Help me to keep the love and the peace in my heart and to make that love a new way of life, that I may live in love the rest of my life. Amen  

Who am I? 

I don't know who am I, and I have no problems saying so

I don't have a biography 

whatever I thought my biography was is utturly meaningless, a waste of joy 

In what date I was born,

in what country, I was born

in what religion, I belong 

does not matter, a waste of time  

I do not follow the Quran, the bible...

I do not follow any prophet or guru,

again, a waste of time          

what matters is what I am here now..

Heeeey. Back to my bloody journal. Opps!! I have just made an assumption. 

It's really heaven to live by the four agreement. Wow!! No assumptions on other things, or people. Only impactful words. Not taking anything personally. And doing my best. Oh Allah, anything I imagine now is coming true. Anyway, let me tell you what happned today. 

Today, I had to go to the bank in order to get my card. These days, only the thoughts that comes to my mind are: Always do you best. Don't make assumption. Always do what makes afraids, etc. You know? All of Leo's Bullshit ;). Things I visualied last 3 months are taking place in reality. But, there is still a lot to be practiced. My ego, my FUCKING ego is massive, as soon as I lose awarness, it comes with of its bullshit..btw...it says something true sometimes. 

Assumptions I made today on others

• The guys who were working in the bank are really blind. Their lives are SHIT. They are slaves to society, ect. Meanwhile that might be true, I should not have made this assumption. 
  • In the guy, Moustafa, the coach, is too much Masculine. He cannot attract girls that way. He does not know how the female psychology works, blablablahbal 

Being impaccable with my words

Intelligence is knowing how to do things. Wisdom is doing it. That was my motto today. I did the things I planned.Well done motherfucker xD

Don't take anything personally 

Well, I sitll have to work on that along the previous agreements,I think I am still attached to my sense of self. Especially when I am with ppl.  

Tonight, we pray that GOD would make us love  everything and everyone without any judgment, attachment, ego, but only love and compassion. :)  

See Youuu 

Hello, it's been a while since I have updated this journal. Have I been practicing well? so so  

1. Being Impeccable with my words 

For the past  few days, I have been aware of my subconscious mind, especially as my meditation is deepening. Many bad and good memories. To overcome that, I meditate, visualize, and affirmate to my self daily. 

I am also reading a book called; mastering the core teaching of the Buddha. And trying to practice what is said there. 2   

2. Don't take anything personally 

This seems to be the hardest because of my psychological problems. However, things are changing gradually. I no longer have images of fear about people, situations, or anything like that when I am alone. if I get one, that is very rare.  

3.  Don't make any assumptions 

Yes, it feels so good, not being trapped in your mind, and not making assumptions about the world. The more I meditate the I meet this agreement. 

4. Always Do Your Best 

Things I need to do my best on are: Social skills, self-expression, and meditation. Honestly, I have not been doing my best in all of them.  I have gone towards " The Zen Devil" Bullshit recently. Awareness= laziness. That is how I unconsciously interpreted it. 

Hello, again. Happy Journey :) 

Nothing much happened. Same old same old. On one hand, I am doing my best on enlightenment work. It's getting deeper day after day. 

1. Being impeccable with my words 

If I can put a percentage into how empty my mind is, I would say it's 40 to 60 per cent, which is great. So, that let easily spot my negative thoughts. 

2. Don't take anything personally  

haven't interacted with people a lot, so I did not have any actual situation to test myself. Nevertheless, I notice my thoughts daily. 

3. Don't make any assumptions 

Same thing applies to not taking anything personally

4. Always do your best  

I am doing my best to improve my self-expression. I visualized. I affirmated, and took action.   

When you plan anything, do not waste your time sharing it with unconscious monkeys, just go ahead and work in silence