Mips

5-Meo, wife and family

30 posts in this topic

I’m looking to take the 5-meo journey but I’m worried it’ll make my wife and I drift apart and split up.

I had some deep awakening experiences a long time ago, but have since spent the last 20 years bringing up kids and working.

Awakening has always been the most important aim in my life. I’m 50 now, the kids are grown up and I’m in the position to effectively retire and concentrate fully on awakening.

The problem is, I don’t want the radical experiences and changes in perspectives that I might have to cause my wife & I to drift apart.

She’s the sweetest, wisest person I know. She has a very deep understanding and is amazingly caring and unselfish.

We’ve been through so much together and I will never leave her. Does this prevent me from making progress with 5-meo? I’m assuming it may well either prevent progress or end up with us drifting apart as I’ll change so much.

As I say, I never want to leave her and if there’s a chance 5-meo will make that happen then I won’t bother using it.

Edited by Mips

Go for it and don't worry 

It will make your relationship much stronger when you realize that you are her. See it as quite the opposite, you will connect with her in an unimaginable ways, you will discover her beauty inside you:x

The only reason some people drift apart from some of their "friends" after doing psychedelics is because they now realize how toxic those relationships really were.

Lower your expectations, you wont change into a different person, if your relationship is healthy then you have nothing to worry about.

Have you ever taken any psychedelic before?

In my experience, they shed away everything that is not true such that only truth remains. Then the truth gets amplified and gets shoved into your face with very increased intensity (5x-10x-100x more intensity)

If you truly have an amazing wife that you're genuinely happy with and genuinely want to be with her you have nothing to worry about

If you're actually deceiving yourself about it all, psychedelics will help you recognize that

Personality-wise, I found psychedelics work (At least for me) also as an amplifier. They basically took the most authentic parts of me that I knew and showed me how to 10x them. 

Edited by Hello from Russia

What do you fear or not want to happen if you drift apart from your wife?

What's motivating you to stay with your wife and not want to leave?  More fear than love, or vice versa?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Mips

If you fear something there is a higher chance that this will happen. If you don't want a radical experience simply don't do 5-MeO, even though I consider 5-MeO to be one of the best tools for a spiritual growth relatively speaking. If you don't want to leave her write on the wall and on the phone, and everywhere else something along the lines: "My wife and I live happily together... <describe what you want to experience together>". Then, every day read it and notice how good it feels to live together with her. If you want to notice your true nature you may start a daily meditation practice, perhaps.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Mips it sounds like you already have an excellent relationship with your wife. I doubt whether psychedelics will change that. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

You are the sweetest, wisest person. You have a very deep understanding and are amazingly caring and unselfish. Your ‘problem’ will not be drifting apart from her. Don’t need to worry about that at all. Your ‘challenge’ will be continuing to breathe, to physically stay standing on your feet, and generally keep your shit together emotionally, vs yet again being prostrated on the floor when you look at her. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I would imagine you will be fine. You seem open, so does she. I don't think I changed much after.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Thanks so much guys, I’ll get on with it then! We have a very close relationship & understanding so  it sounds like we’ll be fine :)

Starting at 50 is indeed late. I wasn’t mature enough at 24 so last chance! 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Your ‘challenge’ will be continuing to breathe, to physically stay standing on your feet, and generally keep your shit together emotionally

Very well said bro ?

Thank you for all the support during 5-MeO phase ♥️

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

20 hours ago, Mips said:

As I say, I never want to leave her and if there’s a chance 5-meo will make that happen then I won’t bother using it.

So you have chosen attachment to a human over Truth.

The devil's bargain.

There is fear and there is love. Which is running you?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The devil's bargain.

Physical reality is Infinite Devil! Leo is the Devil! 

Infinite Fear. Absolute Fear.

@Mips But does she also loves you so much that she will never leave you too?

If she does and is truly a wise person, she wont leave you after transformation as she will be even more attratcted to the wiser intelligent you. Maybe she changes her mind and wants to join you in that path. She should resonate with the authentic truth in you.  If not, you are still playing games of denial while also not wanting to deny the truth.

If you have really matured in that aspect, you will know what to do. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@Mips Maybe consider taking some MDMA with your wife. It is suppose to be amazing for couple's intimacy.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The devil's bargain.

But why does it have to be one over the other? I’ve decided to go full ahead with my 5-meo journey and stay with her as well. Are the two mutually exclusive?

Edited by Mips

26 minutes ago, Mips said:

But why does it have to be one over the other? I’ve decided to go full ahead with my 5-meo journey and stay with her as well. Are the two mutually exclusive?

The one who 'decided' to stay with her is not in charge of anything.

It's all fun, games and empty promises until no one appears

Which is not to say you won't stay together, but not because of this 'decision'. I guess there's no point talking about it,  it has to be experienced... 

1 hour ago, Mips said:

Anything you're attached to will hold you back from ultimate truth. Because truth is infinite and all attachments are finite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Mips said:

Letting go of your attachment to your wife doesn't necessarily mean you will leave your wife. But if you cared either way, you would be attached.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 hours ago, Mips said:

I wasn’t mature enough at 24 so last chance! 

Heh it's like you are me.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.