UDT

How Dangerous is Postmodern Cultural Relativism?

183 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Epikur  Countries with better LGBTQ+ rights are the most successful in fact. 

I was speaking historically. In the last 5000 years do you think your theory is a fact?

21 hours ago, Epikur said:

I was speaking historically. In the last 5000 years do you think your theory is a fact?

Which countries do you have in mind?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@bejapuskas Why does criticizing green offed you? Most of the members, all the moderators and Leo, agree that orange and blue are destroying the world. How long will you keep beating a dead horse? You criticize everyone else expect your own worldview and biases. 

@Akemrelax  Because many of the people who criticize hold misogynistic, anti-feminist, transphobic, racist views. Way too many victim mindset Red Pilled people here, I see right through them. They are not criticizing Green from above. What these views basically do is that they dehumanize certain people, because they are different. I simply think that on this forum, we can learn from such diversities and include people coming from minority groups and learn from their experiences, instead of dehumanizing them. I do not agree that most of the members agree that Blue and Orange are destroying the world, most of the members are Orange. Or perhaps they do actually agree, but they are to a high degree unconscious of their Orange biases. Once this forum becomes more Green, I will start becoming offended by criticisms of Yellow, but we cannot skip stages.

On 27.7.2021 at 5:36 PM, bejapuskas said:

@Epikur  Depends on how you define development. 

The minimum level would be to survive against the pressure from other societies and countries.

@Epikur  Do you think equal rights for everyone is also a significant measure of development of a country, or is it just about surviving? You can survive with queer rights these days, the countries that have the most equality are one of the richest and safest. You can prevent STIs using preventive measures if you want to prevent disease and death. But queer people are not more likely to be dangerous than a cis straight person. However, they are more likely to be dangerous to themselves, as they kill themselves more often. Why do you think that is?

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

@Epikur  Do you think equal rights for everyone is also a significant measure of development of a country, or is it just about surviving? You can survive with queer rights these days, the countries that have the most equality are one of the richest and safest. You can prevent STIs using preventive measures if you want to prevent disease and death. But queer people are not more likely to be dangerous than a cis straight person. However, they are more likely to be dangerous to themselves, as they kill themselves more often. Why do you think that is?

I would use developed mainly for technology and power. If your tribe has equal rights but gets destroyed by a stronger group that is not success. Historically equal rights did not mean much. What will happen in the future we will see.

23 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I would use developed mainly for technology and power. If your tribe has equal rights but gets destroyed by a stronger group that is not success. Historically equal rights did not mean much. What will happen in the future we will see.

The most progressive countries are mostly NATO members ?

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 13. 8. 2021 at 8:50 PM, Epikur said:

@Epikur What even is the point of quoting these sources? I do not understand. Are you aware that the people killed were mostly not westerners, but Middle-Eastern civilians?

10 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Epikur What even is the point of quoting these sources? I do not understand. Are you aware that the people killed were mostly not westerners, but Middle-Eastern civilians?

Of course that is the point. Your progressive countries are actually not that progressive depending on the metric. 

Talking about success and progressives. Taliban took Kabul.

Edited by Epikur

@Epikur  Yes but I was responding to your point about stronger tribe getting destroyed, you can have a strong tribe or whatever with gay rights. I do not think US is very progressive in like all areas, but in terms of gay rights, yes, and I do not see how that is a bad thing.

28 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Epikur  Yes but I was responding to your point about stronger tribe getting destroyed, you can have a strong tribe or whatever with gay rights. I do not think US is very progressive in like all areas, but in terms of gay rights, yes, and I do not see how that is a bad thing.

Yes you probably can but historically that was not the case most of the time.

In the case of the US gay rights is quite a new thing. We do not know how it will effect the US. The future is open for speculation.

7 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Yes you probably can but historically that was not the case most of the time.

In the case of the US gay rights is quite a new thing. We do not know how it will effect the US. The future is open for speculation.

Historically, we didn't have Women's rights either. We don't know how it will affect the world. The future is open for speculation.

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Historically, we didn't have Women's rights either. We don't know how it will affect the world. The future is open for speculation.

True. For example in Afghanistan women's rights did not work ideally. You can see even many liberals have 'understanding' for that situation.

11 minutes ago, Epikur said:

For example in Afghanistan women's rights did not work ideally.

What does that mean?

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What does that mean?

That it did not work in Afghanistan.

Postmodernism is Dangerous | Joscha Bach and Lex Fridman

13 minutes ago, Epikur said:

That it did not work in Afghanistan.

Yeah duh. But how or why didn't it work? Are you talking about the Taliban? You're being incredibly vague.