Onecirrus

Coping with wage-slavery?

22 posts in this topic

I sit now before my computer covered in dirt, I'm too tired to take a shower. I spend my days slaving away in the hot sun and carrying heavy shit, in exchange I get like $750 every two weeks. I have no friends or ever had a romantic relationship, I live with my parents but I feel like I hardly know them and vice-versa. Trying to tell them about self help or entrepreneurship is like trying to tell a toddler about the rise of Hitler, they're uninterested and they find the television far more intriguing. It's disturbing how complacent and myopic the human mind can become after a lifetime of mediocre unconscious work, they're like zombies! The fucking television is the most diabolical invention man ever unleashed! After work my body and mind feel numb and hazy, but I fight through it because there's more important work to be done, I'm a CEO after all! At least that's what it says on my business card. I make a sale here and there but I wouldn't say my business is a success quite yet. At the end of the day I lay alone in darkness, my only companion the voice whispering 'I love you' through my headphones, sometimes its a man's, sometimes it's a woman's. Then its right back to work in the morning, to the scorching hot sun and asphalt, to serving and obeying people I dislike, to fighting the urge to knock someones teeth out. I honestly think a sane man's first reaction to being ordered around in the heat like a dog would be to gut the motherfucker who crossed you like a fish so no one else gets the idea they're your superior, but I'm a lover, not a fighter. Maybe I'll listen to one of Leo's videos with my earbuds or imagine I'm Augustus or Napoleon to pass the time! I always liked the idea of being a conqueror or an emperor. In a strange masochistic way I enjoy it sometimes, the stinging and aching in my muscles, the unforgiving omnipotent sun, the sweat bleeding into my eyes. It's a very peculiar high but most of the time I feel like jumping off a bridge.

What the fuck is this? This is what life is like in the twenty-first century? How the fuck do people do this decade after decade? I'm only twenty-three and I've had enough of this shit! The life of the average person is a mind-numbing bitter struggle only interrupted by mediocre media, hollow relationships, insultingly little vacation, and alcohol. How has the plurality of mankind embraced this way of life? It is humiliating! I feel like a different species or something because I'm the only one I know fighting for an alternative! How the fuck do you just get told what to do your entire life!? Doesn't this fucking bother you after a while!? Then people get married, have kids, and buy a house, MEGAFUCKING the entire situation, now they're guaranteed to always be a wage slave!

I HAD TO WORK ON THE FUCKING FOURTH OF JULY LAST YEAR!!! The day about, ya' know, FREEDOM!!! How the fuck do you cope with this shit because I feel like a losing my sanity more and more by the day!

Set long term lens and never quit until you get into a better position. You got this.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You’re a CEO? What’s your business? When did you start? Is that your earnings after all overhead costs are accounted for? Most importantly, is this something you’re passionate about?

2 hours ago, Onecirrus said:

What the fuck is this? This is what life is like in the twenty-first century? How the fuck do people do this decade after decade? I'm only twenty-three and I've had enough of this shit! The life of the average person is a mind-numbing bitter struggle only interrupted by mediocre media, hollow relationships, insultingly little vacation, and alcohol. How has the plurality of mankind embraced this way of life? It is humiliating! I feel like a different species or something because I'm the only one I know fighting for an alternative! How the fuck do you just get told what to do your entire life!? Doesn't this fucking bother you after a while!?

You're simply more conscious than the typical human.

This is okay.

You just need to find the right niche for yourself.

Why are you working in the hot sun? Work smarter not harder.

Obviously the first step for you is to upgrade to a better job, one you can tolerate. Then you can chip away at the CEO thing. But for now you need to focus on upgrading your current line of work. Not all jobs are that shitty.

Again, work smarter, not harder.

If you're gonna be earning $1400/mo, at least find a job that's not backbreaking. You could work at Starbucks for that. You need to look for jobs that give you free time to study and work on your own side hustle. You can also picks jobs which are low-stress and low-effort and have other perks.

Who is the one that made you work in the hot sun? You! You chose that shit one way or another.

Don't worry, you're still young. You can change all that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

wow that was deep. it reminded me of the movie Taxi Driver.

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're gonna be earning $1400/mo, at least find a job that's not backbreaking. You could work at Starbucks for that. You need to look for jobs that give you free time to study and work on your own side hustle. You can also picks jobs which are low-stress and low-effort and have other perks.

@Onecirrus i think you should follow this advice, because i think you're on the verge of a breakdown.

3 hours ago, Onecirrus said:

magine I'm Augustus or Napoleon to pass the time! I always liked the idea of being a conqueror or an emperor.

you're clearly an ambitious guy, but you have to be strategic. rome wasn't built in a day.

take Leo as an example. he runs a business that is aligned with his LP. but before that he had to go through the "traditional" route for some years to be financially independent.

a tree with weak roots won't grow properly. it will eventually collapse. and i'm worried that this might happen to you.

take care!

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

@Leo Gura I'm here because they seem incapable of firing me lol. I've been fired from every other job. It's cool, my business is starting to take off so I don't think I'll be doing this for much longer.

@Onecirrus Don't tolerate bullshit. Find a decent job.

Your first biz may or may not work. Don't count on it working.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Find a job which can give u 2 hours of free time to work your life purpose.then work 2 hours daily for your lifepurpose outside your job and do this for 15 years and your life will get transformed

Edited by asifarahim

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Onecirrus Don't tolerate bullshit. Find a decent job.

Your first biz may or may not work. Don't count on it working.

When you say your first business may or may not work out are you saying that finding a decent job to work at for a while may or may not or were you talking about how starting your own business may or may not or both?

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

When you say your first business may or may not work out are you saying that finding a decent job to work at for a while may or may not or were you talking about how starting your own business may or may not or both?

Getting a job is easier than starting a business. That's the bottom line. But keep your head up and stay after it. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Doing mail delivery, though somewhat physical if on foot, would at least allow you spare time to contemplate, listen to audio books, etc.. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Onecirrus As been said here transition into a different job. There are many different entry level jobs you can apply for: Callcenter, waiting tables, dishwashing, administration work etc.

Yeah man, seeing your parents as zombies is hard. Just be glad you have it in you to "break free" from all of this unconscious stuff.

I find this one interesting. There are loads of similar posts from people in the forums in regards to wage slavery etc etc. This one has seemed to generate quite a bit of interest. Is it the mere passion the OP wrote with?

I noted Leo's reply being a lot more constructive than I've seen from him in the past, in my opinion. Something I've noticed more and more over the last 2-3 of months. Then again I do recall you saying something about you were "working on" this part of yourself? 

Cheers,

Ben.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:50 PM, Onecirrus said:

The fucking television is the most diabolical invention man ever unleashed!

I agree.

My mom watches a lot of TV. I used to try to make her see that she is wasting her life. Now I don't, I accept her and love her the way she is. But it affected me for a long time.

We can only save ourselves, and that is a full time job. We can not try to save others, it is a waste of time.

@Onecirrus I could have written a very similar post. I have been a wage slave for more than 2 decades now, except for the time when I was 31-33 that I started an online biz that failed colossally and made me depressed. Like really depressed. When you are depressed and think about killing yourself almost everyday you think is normal but it is not.

When the pandemic hit I lost the best job I have ever had in my life: I was making more than twice of what I am making now. Some days I didn't have to do ANYTHING AT ALL just be there. It was easy, but it was a hook up. When they let me go I had to work hard under the sun/rain just like you as a gardener, a painter and as a construction worker. I am glad it only lasted 6-7 months and got an OK job WFH

Congratulations for you entrepreneurial spirit. When I was your age all I could think about was smoking weed and drinking beer.

Take care and be well

Arc

Actually you are coming in at time when interest in entrepreneurship is at an all time high. Much easier to start now than ever before.

Go consume some Gary Vee videos to get into the mindset of an entrepreneur.