Leo Gura

CRT Paranoia & Foolishness

99 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

If they're committing 50% of the homicides, that's a baseline for how much the police shootings should be. 

Why is that Black communities have a much higher homicide rate then?

Do you recognize how you're looking at this issue in a vacuum, rather than systemically?

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts Would you be happy if Asian Americans made up 5.7% of police shootings since they're 5.7% of the population?

3 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@DocWatts Would you be happy if Asian Americans made up 5.7% of police shootings since they're 5.7% of the population?

If the amount of police shootings for Asian Americans was proportionally much higher than other segments of the population, I would want to know why. Wouldn't you?

Edited by DocWatts

20 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@Consept I'm saying you like to call people racist and your brain gets a seretonin hit from it.

OK could you just clarify this please, i dont want to misrepresent you. Are you saying i get serotonin hit calling people racist because im right that there is systemic racism and maybe i enjoy pointing that out to people, or are you saying i get a serotonin hit because systemic racism doesnt actually exist and i just want to make people feel bad by calling them racist? 

16 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@DocWatts They're only about 3.5% of police shootings, still want equilibrium?

You realize that the number of people killed by the police isn't a zero sum game, right?

That if less black people are getting killed by the police and that 3.5% figure goes up, it's not because police are 'making up the difference' by killing more Asians. It would simply be reflective of less people getting killed overall.

A very basic knowledge of how statistics work should make this obvious.

Edited by DocWatts

10 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

If I wanted to, I could connect weed laws to anything.   The fact is that weed is/was illegal in almost every country, and you can't use racism to explain that away.

You're race hustling, but Im not saying weed should be illegal or anything.

Except the drug was originally politically motivated and based in racism.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or blacks, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

-- John Ehrlichman, Domestic Policy Chief for Nixon

2 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

You realize that the number of people killed by the police isn't a zero sum game, right?

That if less black people are getting killed by the police and that 3.5% figure goes up, it's not because police are 'making up the difference' by killing more Asians. It would simply be reflective of less people getting killed overall.

A very basic knowledge of how statistics work should make this obvious.

That's an intentional misrepresentation of what I said.  We're using statistics to correlate if the police are racist

@SaWaSaurus That's your proof?  One political guy slandering an already disgraced political guy?  Not only that, but in a country of 330 million people during a war they were losing 50 years ago.  You know they thought the drugs were affecting the outcome of the war, right? 

Either way, I could probably find anyone saying all sorts of shit to back any claim I want on why heroin is illegal.  And you still can't explain the harsh penalties that appear all over the globe.  In the Philippines, it's the death penalty, ffs.

1 minute ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@SaWaSaurus That's your proof?  One political guy slandering an already disgraced political guy?  Not only that, but in a country of 330 million people during a war they were losing 50 years ago.  You know they thought the drugs were affecting the outcome of the war, right? 

Either way, I could probably find anyone saying all sorts of shit to back any claim I want on why heroin is illegal.  And you still can't explain the harsh penalties that appear all over the globe.  In the Philippines, it's the death penalty, ffs.

You can't boil the drug war down to just racism, but it seems very likely that racism is one root element of Nixon's war. Nixon was an open anti-black racist who also hated hippies, but he also hated drugs and drug users. The anti-war left got in the way of Vietnam war, and the continued movement for black liberation were problems for Nixon's campaign and the right. So the issue is multi-faceted, but that's my basic understanding of it. You could say that John Ehrlichman was just making stuff up for person reasons, but then you still have to explain the reason for the drug war. People don't just do things for no reason.

As for the drug wars in Asia, you're talking about completely separate societies now. I don't think anyone is saying the drug wars in Asia are rooted in racism, because I've never seen any evidence for that. What seems to explain those drug wars is a collective backlash against the social havoc created by The Opium Wars.

I'm sorry, but what is amusing with CRT, racism, and their reactions?

@Danioover9000 I think he probably meant that it was funny how some people had so strong negative reactions to CRT without even knowing what it is.

14 hours ago, Consept said:

Now if black people are racist, let's even say they are as racist as white people were or are, what practice or policy could they implement that would affect white people in the same way as red lining? 

None.

10 hours ago, Consept said:

Anti-crt people seem to be saying nothing should be taught and these facts should be hidden

I am Anti-CRT 100% no doubt about it.

And you guys can call me racist all you want. When you call me a racist you are calling yourself a racist. I am 100% super racist and so are you: ALL of Y'all. Don't self deceive yourselves thinking you are some goodie-goodies, and that you are not racists.

What I am saying is: Nothing should be taught, but OFC let the facts remain facts. Assign no interpretation: let the children and the adults make up their own minds. 

History is history: The white men enslaved the black men. The founding fathers were racist slave owners. Simple facts, teach history in schools not your effing agenda.

Just like hate speech I don't need a moron telling me what's hate speech and what is not. Let ME decide what is hate speech. Because what is hate speech to you might not be hate speech to me. So WTF are you to tell me something is hate speech? Are you god or something???

The facts should not be hidden:

Millions of jews died in the holocaust.

Black kids are being used to mine Coltan.

China has concentration camps for muslims.

Trump had a meeting with Vlad Putin and no one else.

Epstein had sex with underage girls.

The catholic church is full of pedophiles and they try to hide it.

And many, many more.

@Arcangelo

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

And you guys can call me racist all you want. When you call me a racist you are calling yourself a racist. I am 100% super racist and so are you: ALL of Y'all. Don't self deceive yourselves thinking you are some goodie-goodies, and that you are not racists.

What I am saying is: Nothing should be taught, but OFC let the facts remain facts. Assign no interpretation: let the children and the adults make up their own minds. 

History is history: The white men enslaved the black men. The founding fathers were racist slave owners. Simple facts, teach history in schools not your effing agenda.

Just like hate speech I don't need a moron telling me what's hate speech and what is not. Let ME decide what is hate speech. Because what is hate speech to you might not be hate speech to me. So WTF are you to tell me something is hate speech? Are you god or something???

The facts should not be hidden:

Millions of jews died in the holocaust.

Black kids are being used to mine Coltan.

China has concentration camps for muslims.

Trump had a meeting with Vlad Putin and no one else.

Epstein had sex with underage girls.

The catholic church is full of pedophiles and they try to hide it.

And many, many more.

100% responsibility right here, users.

@Peter-Andre

7 hours ago, Peter-Andre said:

@Danioover9000 I think he probably meant that it was funny how some people had so strong negative reactions to CRT without even knowing what it is.

I still find it odd that he found the emotional distress of some parents who had a strong resistance to CRT amusing, as that amusement to distress comes from the few who take pleasure in such reactions, namely sadists.

Even if some don't know the theory deeply, that fear of the unknown and perceived fear is sometimes a very real threat.

9 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

OK I get where you're coming and why you might say that. First off I'm not really interested in labelling you anything, I don't think that's the point of this discussion. Everyone has at least an implicit bias, so it is what it is. 

So your position is to teach kids just facts with no context or no theory so that they can come up with their own theories. This sounds good on the surface but I think you're underplaying the importance of theories in teaching. For one youre asking a lot of kids to just come up with coherent theories for themselves just by being presented with facts.

Most subjects and teaching have theory and are almost based around teaching it, there's economic theory for example, if you do economics you will learn all type of theories to make you understand the vast data of economics. If you just said there was a crash and then there was a boom and then this happened and then that happened, it gives no context or understanding of the bigger picture or why anything could have happened. It might be that some theories are biased or have different perspectives of the same event, but that's why you don't just learn one theory, you learn many and decide for yourself what makes the most sense or maybe take bits of different theory. 

When I was in school and we learnt about the holocaust, we learnt about Hitlers eugenics theory, we even learnt about his ideas in 'Mein Kempf', this was important to get an idea of what his perspective was and why he did what he did. I don't think anyone would say this shouldn't be taught as long as its not taught as truth and is balanced with other theories. 

So this brings us to crt, why is there an issue teaching a theory where the perspective is that society is somewhat built upon systemic racism? People have generally been OK with theories if it doesn't affect their worldview. There's a fear that this new theory, whatever it might be, will change the world we want to see. Creationists campaign against atheism or evolution to be taught in schools because they want to uphold their 'truth'. This is the same with crt. Even if you say crt is bullshit why should it not be taught? I don't have a problem with creationism or eugenics being taught and not because I'm overly accepting, I think if it is a bullshit theory it won't stick and if you don't teach it as truth and teach other theories as well, then kids or adults even can come to their own conclusions. It's also important to teach because you can get to the root of why something happened. 

9 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Yes I'm sure you can discern what is hate speech and what's not. In the same way people can discern what theories make sense and what dont.  Crt has theory in the name so by definition it's not being taught as truth. Your saying that you want to be able to decide what is hate speech but at the same time you're saying people shouldnt be able to decide which theories make sense and which don't.