Leo Gura

CRT Paranoia & Foolishness

99 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Opo said:

Are children able to make these distinctions? 

I'm afraid if they get exposed to this too soon they might react childishly, like this person. 

True, which gives in an insight into the scope of how hard it would be to educate people on nuanced matters like this, especially given the issues that come about because of the lack of education. Children in fact would be open to these ideas which is what the adults in these groups are worried about lol. To actually create change going forward you would need theories like this taught in schools and i say that just from the reaction of the parents. In terms of crt itself, i dont know the ins and outs of it but its not above criticism and maybe its not the best theory but the point is that something needs to be taught that address the history and effect racism has had on, in this case, America.

Anti-crt people seem to be saying nothing should be taught and these facts should be hidden, which would be the equivalent of Germany pretending the Nazis didnt happen and not teaching about it in school. If you know about Germany they've gone out of the way to address what happened during that period and make as sure as they can nothing like that would ever happen again, reparations, education, monuments and museums, dedicated to repairing the damage. When you consider millions more people were brutalised for a longer period of time during slavery and people are fighting for the statues of slavers to not be brought down, its a troublesome thought and speaks even more to way some kind of racial studies is extremely important.

@Opo

He said everyone is racist, I just want to know who he's racist towards.

It's really not a hard question.

As people evolve toward green everywhere in the world, the old outdated narratives get replaced by the new ones, more compassionate and nuanced. That's how it goes

Of course there will be a public outcry because some people aren't ready for such development. 

If this information is legit, then the USA textbooks are indeed in dire need of a replacement:

By the way, here in Russia our own history textbooks are full of one-sided bullshiterry as well.

1 hour ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@Opo

He said everyone is racist, I just want to know who he's racist towards.

It's really not a hard question.

The whole point of CRT is to de-emphasize the whole notion that someone has to personally be racist to benefit from white privilege. As a white person living in America, through no fault of your own you are simply born in to a structural system that benefits you at the expense of other people. 

It's a way of looking at racism from a systemic and structural perspective as an institutional problem to be solved. If what you're taking away from CRT is that it's just meant to shame white people for being born in to a system they had no hand in creating, then you're missing the point entirely.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts

Except he is ashamed to admit what races he's racist towards. 

Edited by StarfoxEpiphany

8 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

If I wanted to, I could connect weed laws to anything.   The fact is that weed is/was illegal in almost every country, and you can't use racism to explain that away.

You're race hustling, but Im not saying weed should be illegal or anything.

@StarfoxEpiphany It seems to me like you don't want to really listen to and understand what the other side is trying to say. There are good reasons for why drug laws in the US have historically been, and continue, to perpetuate racism and disproportionately attack people of color, but you don't seem to be willing to even entertain that idea.

You seem to be doing this with all the people in this thread who you disagree with. Instead of trying to engage with people in good faith, you look for cheap gotchas and twist their words around to bastardize their arguments to a point where it doesn't seem like you have the slightest interest in exploring other people's points of view on this topic.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:18 AM, Leo Gura said:

Nope

People gotta work different amounts to get the same results. And some people can't get the same result no matter how hard they work.

I am never gonna be a Victoria Secret model no matter how hard I work.

I think a very simple example is modern slavery.  There are children born in unstable countries in the middle East and Africa who are forced by ISIS to become child soldiers and fight US troops.  Other examples include people captured by human traffickers who never escape, the upcoming famine in North Korea, the Israeli Palestinian conflict, lead and arsenic in the baby food and more.

You get the same results out of life assuming an equal effort on equal footing.

@Peter-Andre Oh, I guess that explains why nearly every country made it illegal at one point.  This is not a cheap gotcha, it's a serious flaw in your ideology.

25 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@Peter-Andre Oh, I guess that explains why nearly every country made it illegal at one point.  This is not a cheap gotcha, it's a serious flaw in your ideology.

The drug law comparison wouldn't be between other countries, for it to make sense and be considered racist, you would have to compare the penalties for another illegal drug within the same country that's user base is a different demographic. 

This isn't hard to do for example you can compare the sentences people got for weed over say crystal meth which has a mostly Caucasian user base, you'll find it's not even close, there were much harsher penalties imposed on black people using weed, despite the fact meth is a much more damaging drug to the community. 

Same can be said for the descrepencies in penalties for cocaine vs crack cocaine. Mostly the same drug but treated completely differently in the legal system. 

So you would have to find another country where there are harsher penalties imposed on drugs that are the same or less damaging than other drugs for your example to make sense. 

@Consept

4 minutes ago, Consept said:

you would have to compare the penalties for another illegal drug within the same country that's user base is a different demographic.

Mostly False. 

You're going to get more of the extremes on a bell curve from the group that uses it the most.  That includes all sorts of things like other crimes involved and people's behavior in court.  It's the same reason why there's more male criminals than female criminals.  Men occupy the extremes.

5 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@Consept

Mostly False. 

You're going to get more of the extremes on a bell curve from the group that uses it the most.  That includes all sorts of things like other crimes involved and people's behavior in court.  It's the same reason why there's more male criminals than female criminals.  Men occupy the extremes.

You're missing my point I'm talking about the actual penalties in law for different drug offences. If we compare crack cocaine to meth, meth users for possession may receive a fine and up to 3 years, for possession of crack you can get up to life imprisonment. Essentially in law the two drugs are treated completely differently despite the heavy damage they both do. So looking at that it seems like there's a racial element to it, although I might be wrong and maybe you can enlighten me. 

@Consept

And you still need to explain why you fought tooth and nail to tell me what races you're racist towards.

Why did that you take you so long, and then lie about it on top of that?

14 minutes ago, Consept said:

You're missing my point I'm talking about the actual penalties in law for different drug offences. If we compare crack cocaine to meth, meth users for possession may receive a fine and up to 3 years, for possession of crack you can get up to life imprisonment. Essentially in law the two drugs are treated completely differently despite the heavy damage they both do. So looking at that it seems like there's a racial element to it, although I might be wrong and maybe you can enlighten me. 

In Japan it can be 5 years for posession of weed.   No one on here is saying the drug laws make sense.  

Did you know that only 30% of people shot by police are black even though that race commits 50% of the homcides?  If those numbes were reversed people would be screaming bloody rape and murder.  It's very difficult to draw anything beyond temporary correlations with these things.

@Consept I'm saying you like to call people racist and your brain gets a seretonin hit from it.

24 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

In Japan it's 5 years for posession of weed.   No one on here is saying the drug laws make sense.  

Did you know that only 30% of people shot by police are black even though that race commits 50% of the homcides?  If those numbes were reversed people would be screaming bloody rape and murder.  Think about it.  Your analysis is flawed, it's not easy stuff.

You realize that Black Americans make up less than %15 of the population, right? If %30 of Police killings are of black men and women, that roughly translates to black people being twice as likely to end up a victim of police homicide than thier white counterparts.

That Homicide figure you mention is itself an outcome of structural economic discrimination towards communities of color, who were denied opportunities to build wealth through practices such as housing discrimination and forced ghettoization.

Unless you happen believe that black communities are inherently violent, the elevated homicide rate you mention is entirely an consequence of external Social Conditions (ie poverty) rather than anything having to do with Race.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Just now, DocWatts said:

You realize that Black Americans make up less than %15 of the population, right? If %30 of Police killings are of black men and women,

If they're committing 50% of the homicides, that's a baseline for how much the police shootings should be. 

You don't know the actual reason there's a disparity, but half the BLM protests were based on not knowing this information.