Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HighFlyingOwl

WTF was that dream?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I had a very strange, intense and mysterious dream last night. I never had a dream like this.

I was just standing outside somewhere looking into the sky. The sky wasn't blue, it was grey with lighter and darker clouds on it.

Then these clouds began to morph. They formed Sauron's eye from Lord Of The Rings. Overall did I look about 5 seconds at the eye. The first 2 seconds, nothing happened, but suddenly, right in the middle of an eye, a light began to shine. It wasnt the sun or anything, it was like an laser pointer beaming right into my eyes. It was directed right at me.

And then I got sucked towards it. Not like when gravity sucks you towards the earth. Everything that I was, was sucked right at it. Not only my body, but also my mind, and every corner of my conciousness.  It just sucked the entirety of my dream experience towards it. And the dream-reality began to dissolve. It just began to disappear. It felt like if I'm allowing this process to finish, nothing will be left in my dream.

I could feel that this wouldn't stop by itself. Idk what the hell happend during this situation in that dream, but it was completely disproportionate to what i thought was possible to experience even in a dream. There was no scale to it. When I try to think of the experience, it sorta like doesn't compute. Not to 1 percent. This experience seemed incompatible with reality. 

You could probably say i was scared during this time, but "fear" didn't apply to it. When you fear something, it has to kind of be in your reality, otherwise you couldn't have a "fear-connection" with it. I hope you understand what i mean. No emotion, no concept didn't apply to it, because this was so fucking incompatible with previous reality. 

I thought of just letting it happen and to watch what was gonna happen next, but I was scared to have me gone, so after 5 seconds of looking at these sauron-eye-clouds I turned away. I remember to have collected myself during the dream and thought this is what Frodo experiences when hes looks into Saurons eye.

I have absolutely no idea what to think of this dream. Was this some kind of ego-death during a dream? It didn't feel like "just" the ego was going to fade, it felt like existence itself went away. I am thinking about if I ever find myself in this state during a dream again, I would let it happen to see where it's going because at this moment I'm quite fascinated and curious but I doubt I would be able to do it.

How do you deal with something that seems to be out of this world?

Has anyone any idea, WTF this was?

Edited by HighFlyingOwl
paragraphing

How do you deal with something that seems to be out of this world?

By not projecting powers onto the ring. 

Has anyone any idea, WTF this was?

Nothing is amorphous, nondual & unconditonal, and thus can not sleep & dream. When nothing is, you are not, when you are, nothing is not. If you’re looking for the light, consider that you might be projecting. If you are seeking wakefulness, consider inspecting the belief you slept. 

“This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.” - Rumi

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Dreams are weird man, idk..  I once dreamt that my wife was murdered, and remember thinking in my dream, 'My god noooo! this must be a dream!', yet I didn't wake up until a bit later, after I had tried to track down the murderers in an angry rage.. I woke up out of breath and sweating.  It was so real, even telling myself within the dream that I was dreaming didn't 'wake me up'.. I have long vivid dreams often, sometimes I journal them, but this one was, as you said, 'completely disproportionate to what i thought was possible to experience even in a dream'.. full range of emotion, smells, sounds, textures, conversations.  Sometimes ya just gotta go WTF? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."