roopepa

Is this just petty games?

27 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is, but you are not conscious of it.

You are like a fish asking, "Where is the water? Water is bullshit!"

Okay... I get the idea, yet I feel like something is missing here. How could this fish not recognize something so obvious? How can this water be hiding, if it really is all there is?

In what direction exactly should this fish go, to see the water? How could the direction be "meditation" or "psychedelic" (this, not that) if water is One and the fish itself?

Get what I mean? This whole thing is melting away! No teaching / pointer can make any sense!

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

18 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Okay... I get the idea, yet I feel like something is missing here. How could this fish not recognize something so obvious? How can this water be hiding, if it really is all there is?

Precisely because when a thing is all there is, you have no way to grasp it, since grasping involves drawing a distinction between this and it's opposite. But Infinity has no opposite.

In what direction exactly should this fish go, to see the water?

That's the mindfuck of awakening: there is no way. Any direction is too far from what is. The Absolute cannot have a direction or method. It is a journey of zero steps. Any step you try to take towards it is one step too much.

If this sounds annoyingly Zen, well, it is!

How could the direction be "meditation" or "psychedelic" (this, not that) if water is One and the fish itself?

Those are relative tricks to help you realize a thing which is already the case.

Technically there is no way to reach awakening. But practically you can improve your odds with stuff like psychedelics and meditation.

Get what I mean?

The real question is whether you get what I mean.

This whole thing is melting away! No teaching / pointer can make any sense!

This is not a bug, it's a feature.

Infinity cannot be made explicit. You are trying to make the Infinite finite, which will ways fail.

This would be so much easier for you if you just took a psychedelic. You'd realize within minutes what would otherwise take you decades of hitting your head against a brick wall.

The human mind simply cannot get this. Because the human mind is finite, and what we're trying to get is Infinite. So your mind is the problem here. And it's really fucking hard to use your mind to escape your mind. Which is what you are attempting to do but failing it. You should not be surprised at the failure. You've been told many times that that won't work. Something entirely different is required.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When I was a younger teen I hated artsy movies that focused on character depth, all I wanted was CGI and action, now that I have more years and experience I see those films in a totally different way and now I appreciate the deeper meaning the director/writer conveyed all along.

Its kind of the same thing here.

He he yeah you can't get closer or further away from everything.

There's nothing that needs to happen or not happen.

Liberation is freedom from should and should not.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, roopepa said:

Get what I mean? This whole thing is melting away! No teaching / pointer can make any sense!

Perhaps the secret to Self-realization is not trying to make sense. What happens when you let go of the demands of the conditioned mind? When you realize the silence? Have you seen the space and the serenity in simply being?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@roopepa What you are aware of is not finite even if it appears to be so. God can take any 'form'. What it is is not different from what it does but what it does can appear to be finite if you are still stuck in duality. 

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Your mind is stuck in a rut at the moment. Your mind can be tuned, and so it must, to start making any sense of the things you are trying to understand here. I know it's hard to understand that understanding or even making sense of something can be very different and have many levels and dimensions, and that to make sense of different things require different ways of making sense. Well, it's crazy, but that's how it is.

It's not about taking psychedelics or meditating to understand something. It's to tune your mind to a frequency where it can find different channels to approach those phenomenons through. Proper spiritual work tunes the frequency, and if you're lucky, you might hit the right one.

Don't force yourself to understand. Take your time and be gentle with yourself. Raise your consciousness and flex your mind to have more mental room, and I tell you, miracles will happen.