melodydanielluna

What is the best Stage Orange book?

18 posts in this topic

What book best represents Stage Orange?  (Or what books are good examples of Stage Orange?)

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

If I had to recommend a single book that's broadly representative of (a relatively healthy version of) Orange as a paradigm, I'd direct them towards Enlightenment Now by Steven Pinker. 

It's a good window into Orange's perspective on a variety of topics include science, metaphysics, and geo-politics. It's also a great reference as to Orange's disagreements with both Blue and Green.

918yVxlcnuL.jpg

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Black Swan, The Fountainhead/Atlas Shrugged

Cal newports books are very materialistic stage orange book

Thanks guys!  I am starting 'Think and Grow Rich' today.  I have to admit I am skeptical.  But I will keep an open mind.

www.melodydanielluna.com

@melodydanielluna think and grow rich core message is law of attraction.if u want to know everything there is to know about law of attraction

1)read all of nevile goddard

2)all of florence scovel shinn

3)all of esther and jerry hicks

"Rich dad poor dad" is one of the most practical financial books ever written. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

18 hours ago, asifarahim said:

@melodydanielluna think and grow rich core message is law of attraction.if u want to know everything there is to know about law of attraction

1)read all of nevile goddard

2)all of florence scovel shinn

3)all of esther and jerry hicks

I still feel weird trying to implement LOA at this point. But I'm very open to the possibility that that's exactly a pointer telling me I could work at that.

I know what I want but "acting as if" I already have something feels like adding more artificial fuel to the fire of illusion. Much of what I've read sounds to me like ego-centric "you can have whatever you want, it's all about your desires". I think either I need to listen to my instinct which tells me that I prefer a different approach or I just don't understand proper application of loa. Any thoughts on that? 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@peanutspathtotruth there is a big problem if loa is your only toolbox.the deepest foundation of your life should be about mastery,how to practice etc.loa can be a nice little additional skill or tool.it will get very toxic if i focus a lot on loa.loa should be done in little amounts and life should be based on mastery.

23 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@peanutspathtotruth there is a big problem if loa is your only toolbox.the deepest foundation of your life should be about mastery,how to practice etc.loa can be a nice little additional skill or tool.it will get very toxic if i focus a lot on loa.loa should be done in little amounts and life should be based on mastery.

I see, interesting perspective! Though I don't agree that "life should be based on mastery".  For me, firstly no 'shoulds', secondly truth/love are the one and only center stage - mastery follows naturally. But I take it you're speaking about a healthy stage orange focus on life, on which I agree (and about which I still have much to learn!)

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@asifarahim I agree.  LOA should used on top of a strong foundation of Mastery.

www.melodydanielluna.com

I feel ‘Think And Grow Rich’ isn’t Stage Orange?  I mean, it is in the sense that it’s about earning money.  But it comes at it from a very ‘woo’ perspective, teaching LOA instead of something more practical like Mastery.  

Does anyone have any ‘Stage Orange’ book recommendations that are more about the practical side of earning money/financial independence/business/mastery?

www.melodydanielluna.com

1 hour ago, melodydanielluna said:

Does anyone have any ‘Stage Orange’ book recommendations that are more about the practical side of earning money/financial independence/business/mastery?

"Success Principles" by Jack Canfield, although I've only read about one third of it - very practically oriented. 

My top 3 book for success is

1)mastery by george leonard

2)mastery by robert greene

3)tiny habits by bj fogg

Thanks guys, I I will check those out :)

www.melodydanielluna.com

If you want something a little bit less self-help, you could try the Hornblower series, very stage orange. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Bodhitree Oooo interesting!  I might check this out, thanks :)

www.melodydanielluna.com