Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terell Kirby

What is considered conscious pickup?

5 posts in this topic

Although I love all you, this topic is specifically for heterosexual men of the forum :). Of course everyone can chime in as well for the sake of increasing perspective.

How would you define conscious pickup? Of course there a very basic things we know from standard pickup (don’t be a creep, have good hygiene, be confident and interesting etc.). These are all good, but wondering how awakening squares with dating and sex.

I’d like to know how conscious pickup looks to you. Also, Leo promised us a ‘How To Get Laid’ series on his channel, so hoping he touches on some of this as well.

Well the conscious aspect at least to me is to be aware of how you and actions are perceived by the other person. 

Do you overstaying your welcome? Are you making a move when she is receptive?  Sometimes timing makes more of difference than anything else. Are you deceiving her? This sort of thing.

@Spiral all good points. For me the presence of deception, or lack thereof, is the primary measure of conscious vs. unconscious pick up. Of course, dating does require a bit of manipulation (you want to present your best self to even be considered worthy to sleep with), however how much time is spent deceiving and how deep it goes matters. Basically how big of a catfish are you ? (physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and spiritually). Some folks are really good in putting on fake fronts in each of these categories when it comes to pick up. Usually doesn’t sustain itself well

@Terell Kirby It's simple. You have the pure intention of adding value to her life. You operate out of principles like, for example, leaving her better than you found her. The difference between conscious and unconscious pick-up, I think, is the degree of purity or transparency you show up with.

11 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

@Terell Kirby It's simple. You have the pure intention of adding value to her life. You operate out of principles like, for example, leaving her better than you found her. The difference between conscious and unconscious pick-up, I think, is the degree of purity or transparency you show up with.

Love this ❤️. This is indeed the most selfless mindset to have in the pickup arena.