Someone here

Perpetual resistance to 'what is'

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@WaveInTheOcean I don't remember. I only remember this life.

"I dont remember" is a thought.

You see: this (enlightenment, truth) is SO hilariously obvious that your mind constantly will reject it. 

It's like you've been looking for hay in a haystack your whole life, and a dude comes over to you and says 'hey, the hay you're looking for, you got it bro, it's right here' ... Of course you will reject it/him, because if you admitted it to yourself that you've been swimming in hay your whole life while looking for hay, well, that would be extremely, out-of-this-world embarrassing, right?

So your mind comes up with all kind of excuses and all kind of imaginary problems. "oh this is not hay, I'm looking for real hay" ... "Oh, well i forgot what i was looking for but it surely can't be hay then!" .. etc.

Or - you could say it's like looking for your dear pair of glasses your whole life, never finding them, because you forgot you had them on.

"I don't remember. I only remember this life."

I asked you a very very simple question (have you ever experienced unconsciousness/deep sleep?), and your mind didn't like the simplicity of it, so it conjured up some imaginary issues:

"I don't remember, I only remember this life"...

Well, dude, your whole life is nothing other than memories. So there is that. 

Let's say we erased all of your memories, even your ability to form both short- and long-term memories, what would then 'be' ???

Pure being, pure consciousness, not even able to ask questions, not even able to reflect, to regret, to worry. Just 'pure being' without the illusory sense of time (past and future).

Now, it IS possible to sober 'grasp' 'pure being' (truth, reality) while still retaining the ability to form memories. This requires complete surrender though, an extreme almost non/super-human 'ability' to 'disidentify' & completely and absolutely 'let go' every day, every hour, every minute, every second. ... And if you can do that, you're infinite, liberated, at peace, calm, in the now, fully present, detached but 'immersed in consciousness itself' *without* clinging, tension, contraction, ego, worry...

The point is, javfly, that your life IS memories: i.e. a story your unconscious mind conjures up for you (conscious self) every day you wake up from bed. It doesn't matter if it is a true or false story, that is completely irrelevant; the point is that 'you' (as a self) & 'time' & 'opposites' (i.e. good, bad, self, other, life death) ONLY (seem to) exist BECAUSE you are so hilariously ATTACHED (identified) with 'your memories'.

So let me ask you again: have YOU (the innermost experience of being YOU) EVER 'experienced' "unconsciousness/deep sleep" , -- yes or no ??

Or let me ask you in another way:

If you *did* remember the experience of 'unconsciousness/deep sleep' would that experience then not be a *conscious* experience ??

If you *did* clearly remember the experience of 'earlier lives' would those experiences then not be a *conscious* experience AND a part of what you now -- selfishly, ignorantly -- 'define' as 'my life' ??

?????❤️??️??????

When the body dies then material reality maybe is over for ever. 

What is 'material reality' ?? Like for fucking real, what the fuck (:D) do you mean when you say 'material reality' ?? We have to be really really nitty gritty and careful here.

Isn't 'material reality' just a concept appearing NOW *as* 'conscious experience' ??

I mean, if you were to show me this 'material reality' of yours, what would you do? Take me into the Himalayas to show me the mountains? Fly me into space to show me the ?, the Solar System? Or perhaps drive me down town to New York's scientific museum to show me pictures of atoms and mathematical graphs of electrons' orbitals?

Wouldn't all of these examples be '*conscious(ness)* experiences' ??

Or let's say your "monkey-survival-brain-conceptual-addicted-to-thinking-limited-mind" (the same "I got") 'takes up the challenge' and replies with a conceptual answer like: "oh, duh hippie, with 'material reality' I just mean fucking *reality*: this 'physical world' you & I are (seem to be) 'stuck in', are experiencing daily, you know, *matter*: other human bodies, sunlight, trees, buildings, cells, brains, molecules, physical laws, atoms, quarks, electrons, positions, matter(!) " ... - well, then 'that' is what 'you believe' reality to be: a concept..., and while you were writing it, were you conscious?, - while I was reading it, was I conscious? ...

?????????????

Maybe you believe/identify to much in/with 'thoughts' ... maybe...

???️??☀️

Probably existence will still exist. As pure Consciousness, but...will ever of "us" will experience another material dream? I don't think so.

All I see here is just more concepts, more guesses, more thinking, more beliefs, more identifying, more worrying, more attachment, more clinging, more seeking, more thoughts, more identifying, more dissatisfaction, more language-games.

However, if you like playing these games, be my guest and play on ? .

I think I said what I wanted to say to you. ? Now I gotta go pick up my imaginary body/dream-character (Thomas, a wave in The Ocean ?), which is then (if all goes according to my selfish plan) going to pick up Thomas' imaginary bike at the mechanic, drive it to the imaginary barber, then I'll get a nice, neat, sexy haircut for my dream-character, then go watch the imaginary football country, Denmark, beat the devil out of England at my conceptual best friend's café, then go dance as a psychopath to a lot of loud electronic music outside in Copenhagen inner city on 15 mg 2C-B, then hopefully kiss a lot of imaginary young women, laugh a ton, drink a few beers, smoke some imaginary harmful cigarettes/joints, and then perhaps go to bed early next morning, ... - and then the Sun will, hopefully, rise again tomorrow (we never know, some imaginary advanced alien civilization may fuck us imaginary humans over by extinguishing our imaginary Sun while we sleep) - in short: another day comes.

Cheers.

tldr;

Have you ever experienced unconsciousness?

Have you ever experienced anything other than consciousness/experience?

Stupid/intelligent questions with obvious answers. ????

20210707_153425.jpg

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

20210705_192751.jpg

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Breakingthewall said:

The clouds are the perfect sky...but how to see that when you are lost in them? You have not to remove the clouds, you have to remove the you. But how? 

By realizing that the whole 'film reel' -> that which you call your direct experience is the very raw/absolutely direct/actual/absolute Reality. This is it. God is manifesting itself in whatever way reality appears to you in the Now. To You=To itself

So you are 'interacting with yourself in the Now' because "the other", no matter *what it is* or 'who it is in the realative domain as an apparent individual being or thing or phenomena' (which is God imagining this as the whole play for it to get to experience this) is what It appears to be for you in order for You to interact with Yourself. 

If You're being asleep to itself/truth, Consciousness is experiencing the sense of self, the sense of being one and interacting with another. But you and the other (in the relative domain *which is infinite mind actualizing the absolute in 'fractalic ways', as in every specific way the Now appears to be is absolute °because there is no separation between anything(there is no 'existential gap' between what is, God is imagining differences between an infinite tapestry made out of No things but itself ) since God is absolute. Infinity cannot be cut into different versions of itself, there is no dfference between 'this moment' and any other way this moment could be, its substance is everything=nothing=••this is it•• You see? )

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

8 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

@Anahata Reading your posts is such a pleasure. I really resonate with your words and energy.

Thank you ?

Feel my hugs embracing you! ?

1 minute ago, Anahata said:

Thank you ?

Feel my hugs embracing you! ?

I do. ?

We are all around each other . :)

Thank you for blessing us with such beauty.

--

Just a question: Dearest Anahata, who have been your teachers? 

Would you be kind enough to orient me towards some non-dual love based sages ? I sense within you the perfect balance of the Divine Masculine and the Divine Feminine. Mind and heart in full synergy.  Beautiful, really!

@Etherial Cat

The moment I realized every*one is a specific manifestation of God, to say my own experience has been my teacher would be sinonimous with everyone and everything since 'this right now' is Him/it/God taking to itself directly, no perception involved but pure me being aware of the fact that I am aware of myself 'through the eyes' of You.

@Etherial Cat What I can point you towards is doing consciousness work that leads to realizing the fact that you've never been born. Only after realizing that you will be able to get it. What's gonna happen after you get awakened to this = realizing that Reality is conscious of you and it's happening in the same Awareness as the very 'thing' that's being aware of it. That's when you will see 'others' exactly as they are. Which is Consciousness taking different forms and interacting with You/itself. You're teaching yourself the way to yourself.

11 minutes ago, Anahata said:

@Etherial Cat

The moment I realized every*one is a specific manifestation of God, to say my own experience has been my teacher would be sinonimous with everyone and everything since 'this right now' is Him/it/God taking to itself directly, no perception involved but pure me being aware of the fact that I am aware of myself 'through the eyes' of You.

I see what you see here ^_^... though I am aware of it only theoretically as I am feeling a thick sense of separation. I've been just wondering if there wasn't some specific forms who were particularly helpful to guide you until this ultimate realization? 

3 minutes ago, Anahata said:

@Etherial Cat What I can point you towards is doing consciousness work that leads to realizing the fact that you've never been born. Only after realizing that you will be able to get it. What's gonna happen after you get awakened to this = realizing that Reality is conscious of you and it's happening in the same Awareness as the very 'thing' that's being aware of it. That's when you will see 'others' exactly as they are. Which is Consciousness taking different forms and interacting with You/itself. You're teaching yourself the way to yourself.

This Consciousness has no memories of being born. All I have is some recollection of this body being small and second source narration of my birth.

Also, my knowledge about Reality indicates that form comes from Big Bang and that Life (the formless) was always present in the universe. My body is the product of a long interplay between the form and the formless until it took the provisory shape of me as a human being.

So I in that sense, I am both its Child and Its Mother, in one unique Consciousness.

But I still feel separate. This body experience fear, distrust, sadness, shame, jealousy, anger or grief on an emotional level while meeting  other forms and fail to see unity or perfection on a daily basis. How can I see "others" as me and replace these emotions with Love & Trust, which are our true nature?

4 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

How can I see "others" as me and replace these emotions with Love & Trust, which are our true nature?

Try to watch a video of someone that talks about anything and ponder on the fact that maybe that is not someone who recorded a video and uploaded it on a youtube channel but it is Consciousness talking directly to You/itself. 

Try that on a psychedelic but be careful. I recommend LSD for a start. I can do it sober as well because I had a permanrnet shift. Duality is no longer here. 

Not Alone anymore as that was the first stage of awakening, now it's All One. Direct

But not All One in the sense of someone having a human life somewhere in another bubble but Consciousness interacting with itself but directly. 

That is true non-duality. 

The avatar on the screen is one with the screen, it is actual as what Consciousness appears to be to You/itself. It's not human if you get what I mean.;):x And you are not human. The actual ..

The actual (...)..

But remember, it is happening Now. Wherever there's a gap between other and other, that gap is Consciousness as well. Thus, that is the substance of other's Consciousness. We are always together.

Edited by Anahata

On 08/07/2021 at 10:27 PM, Anahata said:

Try to watch a video of someone that talks about anything and ponder on the fact that maybe that is not someone who recorded a video and uploaded it on a youtube channel but it is Consciousness talking directly to You/itself. 

Try that on a psychedelic but be careful. I recommend LSD for a start. I can do it sober as well because I had a permanrnet shift. Duality is no longer here. 

Not Alone anymore as that was the first stage of awakening, now it's All One. Direct

But not All One in the sense of someone having a human life somewhere in another bubble but Consciousness interacting with itself but directly. 

That is true non-duality. 

The avatar on the screen is one with the screen, it is actual as what Consciousness appears to be to You/itself. It's not human if you get what I mean.;):x And you are not human. The actual ..

The actual (...)..

But remember, it is happening Now. Wherever there's a gap between other and other, that gap is Consciousness as well. Thus, that is the substance of other's Consciousness. We are always together.

Thank you for your suggestions, Anahata. I'm going to particularly pay attention to that and even try to spin it off to all interactions that I have.

I've been experimenting with psychadelics in the last months. I've started with Mescaline. And it's been very loving and healing even if I had a difficult first trip.

I've also been looking for LSD and it seems like I have a good opportunity to get my hands on some. I am looking forward to try it.

I'm curious, did you get your permanent shift thanks to psychadelics or were they mostly a great aid?

--

I must say, your approach and way of teaching/pointing towards Truth/Love seems to be amongst the most effective ones for me. And just by being, you get me to remember/discover what is close to what seems/should be my own approach. Somewhat there is something that feels like coming home, and/or meeting myself through you.

Much love and a lot of thanks.

On 06/07/2021 at 5:36 PM, Someone here said:

'Enlightenment' tends to be a notion that has been accepted through time/thought and the self clings to the idea and pursues that idea/notion. So the destination seems to become more important than the exploration/observation.

We dis identify with what-is actually presently and we seek the idea, which is psychological evolution(time).  

Yes and we fall at the first hurdle by clinging. 

What happens when you no longer cling to or resist what is? 

What happens when you accept the what is in all its form however painful? 

What happens when you stop seeking the next moment and fully embrace with Love, the what is? 

Surrendering is allowing. Surrendering is not giving up. Surrender is embracing experience before perception. But that's impossible the mind says. How do we do this within the constraints of the mind. 

You continue to seek, however as you so state, you are continually seeking an idea. Let go and see what happens. Let go of the seeker. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Question for you guys as this thread seems to have some good answers.. An egoic fear response arises in the emotional system when one is observing the mind understanding oneness. There seems to be a fear and protection/resistance of ones thoughts as there is a limiting belief that ones thoughts will become known by "others" when one begins "seeing others as myself".  Maybe some of you have experienced moments where you and a friend were thinking the same things or you thought something and someone else said it when there was no direct conversation going on, or you said something and someone else said they were just thinking that. Situations such as this have been puzzling and tricky to understand, to what extend do these phenomena go? Holding only loving and caring thoughts this becomes no issue, but upon negative thoughts this becomes distressful? If a silent mind was present this would be no issue. But we cant control our thoughts or become silent easily, as we dont even know a thought before we experience it. There is an understanding that the emotional reactions are just reactions to the thoughts that arise and nothing more than that, one can "let go" of the thoughts as well as not identify with them providing temporary relief, One can simply observe the thoughts but again this still is not dissolving that root fear of ones subjective experience being subjectively experienced in others. Is it that only pleasant thoughts will be present during the experience of oneness? Is there anyway to understand this, Open to any statements about this area of inquiry or suggestions to facilitate further growth and heal from a neurosis as this.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

1 minute ago, Kamo said:

Question for you guys as this thread seems to have some good answers.. An egoic fear response arises in the emotional system when one is observing the mind understanding oneness. There seems to be a fear and protection/resistance of ones thoughts as there is a limiting belief that ones thoughts will become known by "others" when one begins "seeing others as myself".  Maybe some of you have experienced moments where you and a friend were thinking the same things or you thought something and someone else said it when there was no direct conversation going on, or you said something and someone else said they were just thinking that. Situations such as this have been puzzling and tricky to understand, to what extend do these phenomena go? Holding only loving and caring thoughts this becomes no issue, but upon negative thoughts this becomes distressful? If a silent mind was present this would be no issue. But we cant control our thoughts or become silent easily, as we dont even know a thought before we experience it. There is an understanding that the emotional reactions are just reactions to the thoughts that arise and nothing more than that, one can "let go" of the thoughts as well as not identify with them providing temporary relief, One can simply observe the thoughts but again this still is not dissolving that root fear of ones subjective experience being subjectively experienced in others. Is it that only pleasant thoughts will be present during the experience of oneness? Is there anyway to understand this, Open to any statements about this area of inquiry or suggestions to facilitate further growth and heal from a neurosis as this.

Right, so if I understand correctly, you are saying that you experienced moments where you seemed to "merge" mentally with another person, thus becoming vulnerable because your mind's contents were easily accessible. 

There are a few ways to look at it, but the first is this one... what you are fearing right now is a memory. It is not occurring right now; it has been filtered, packaged, and presented by the brain using a very primitive method of danger avoidance. The brain is trying to help you survive, and it believes this experience was a threat to you. Start by assuring your mind that you don't actually know what happened. Then assure it that you are currently safe and OK. 

Next, you can consider that as the mind begins to loosen its boundaries, reality becomes more "interconnected." This means you are better able to understand how other beings function, and they may also understand how you function, as you become more in tune with them. This is actually good. It's the beginning of real empathy and being able to understand what your loved ones or friends are experiencing. 

And finally, it is not possible for others to actually know exactly what you are thinking or feeling. They are using the same "hardware" as you to interpret this reality. They may be able to get an idea, but they cannot know 100%. And for that matter, neither can you. You cannot verify that they actually know anything you're thinking. Therefore, what you're reacting to is your own idea... about you... in your idea of them :) 

Does that help? 

@OneHandClap Yes this was very helpful, everything said describes you understand what I am saying. You are completely right, as I recall any of the uncomfortable moments that the fear arose, it was due to a negative memory arising or related thoughts similar to it. I'm actually doing shadow work in order to integrate some past experiences which I seem to be trying to shield. It is true I have been told I am very good with empathy and at understanding others, I'm good at getting in their head they say lol. I am able to do this with complete strangers as well, so is it necessarily that it only occurs with friends and family?  Also When this idea reverses itself on my own mind It messes with my emotions, but I can see now how it is only of negative memories which can never be known by anyone else. So I am only reacting to my own ideas as you said. This is much more clear to me now. Thank you my friend! 

Focus on the solution, not the problem