Someone here

Perpetual resistance to 'what is'

35 posts in this topic

'Enlightenment' tends to be a notion that has been accepted through time/thought and the self clings to the idea and pursues that idea/notion. So the destination seems to become more important than the exploration/observation. The destination corrupts the exploration/observation. Looking for a way out means I am not interested in the exploration/observation but instead to outcome of a self that “becomes enlightened”(psychological safety). 

We seem to take in ideas from the past(thought) and pursue those ideas to become something other than what we are that moment(escape). We seek what we have learned about enlightenment to end our pain, suffering, discontent. This itself is why we suffer. We are always looking to time (future) to solve psychological issues and that seems to be the root of those issues. We dis identify with what-is actually presently and we seek the idea, which is psychological evolution(time). We disidentify with “our experiences” which is the same as identifying with them. It’s in both cases a “movement of me/the chooser. 

Pretty peculiar game. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

'What is' is motion, change, death, transformation, impermanence.

You were programmed by genes and your culture to resist death (change) - how do you let go of this resistance to the impermanence of reality, life; to the 100,0000% sure fact that your body/mind is going to die?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Screenshot_20210706-191202_Chrome.jpg

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

8 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

to the 100,0000% sure fact that your body/mind is going to die?

Is it tho? Or is it more of a belief /assumption? 

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

'Enlightenment' tends to be a notion that has been accepted through time/thought and the self clings to the idea and pursues that idea/notion. So the destination seems to become more important than the exploration/observation. The destination corrupts the exploration/observation. Looking for a way out means I am not interested in the exploration/observation but instead to outcome of a self that “becomes enlightened”(psychological safety). 

We seem to take in ideas from the past(thought) and pursue those ideas to become something other than what we are that moment(escape). We seek what we have learned about enlightenment to end our pain, suffering, discontent. This itself is why we suffer. We are always looking to time (future) to solve psychological issues and that seems to be the root of those issues. We dis identify with what-is actually presently and we seek the idea, which is psychological evolution(time). We disidentify with “our experiences” which is the same as identifying with them. It’s in both cases a “movement of me/the chooser. 

Pretty peculiar game. 

Well said....in the end the ego is it's own downfall.  It chases pleasure but can never reach true happiness via selfishness because the self was illusory.   It's just too selfish to see it :)  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Is it tho? Or is it more of a belief /assumption? 

I'm talking about the body you're currently deeply identified with; yes, hello, it's going to die sooner or later, hopefully you already knew that. You could call it a belief or an assumption sure, just as I believe the Sun will rise tommorow over Denmark again;)

The problem isn't that you're going to die (i.e. you're body is going to die), the problem is you're still deeply identified with your body, and thus still believe you're capable of dying and going to a deep sleep forever and ever and ever and ever and ever....

You see? 'you' as <insert your name>/body are going to die but what about You, i.e. the real you, have you ever been unconscious?

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

@WaveInTheOcean Just wanted to throw in that after I coincidentally read a few of your posts today, I felt resonance, your pointers are quite helpful for me right now. Thanks for your quality posts :x

18 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

@WaveInTheOcean Just wanted to throw in that after I coincidentally read a few of your posts today, I felt resonance, your pointers are quite helpful for me right now. Thanks for your quality posts :x

Thank you for saying that. It's nice to hear ?❤️???

@Someone here What's wrong with invoking time? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

Pretty peculiar game. 

Yes, the root cause of suffering is identification as the individual desperately seeking for a better experience in the future.

The individual is like a self-centered ball of judgment.

When things go according to the individuals agenda they are called good.

When they go against the individuals agenda they cause conflict/suffering because it's resisted.

This individual is not real although it seems to be and in that sense calling it an illusion seems to fit well.

Nice inquiry ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Focus on the actual 'here & now' and let the identification with what you think you 'should' experience go. What is true/actual in your direct experience?  What is the case in the absolute domain 'here & now'? 

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

14 minutes ago, Anahata said:

Focus on the actual 'here & now' and let the identification with what you think you 'should' experience go.

doing this is impossible for the ego. That is why  self-help, like Eckhart tolle, although it reaches many people who understand it conceptually, does not lead to real liberation. the ego cannot say to itself: hey, stop being an ego

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

doing this is impossible for the ego. That is why  self-help, like Eckhart tolle, although it reaches many people who understand it conceptually, does not lead to real liberation. the ego cannot say to itself: hey, stop being an ego

The substance of 'this' is 'this'. Exactly the way it appears to be. Look around and see without notions.

4 minutes ago, Anahata said:

The substance of 'this' is 'this'. Exactly the way it appears to be. Look around and see without notions.

everything seems very clear when the clouds part, and you say to people: don't you see the obvious? the sun is there. But don't forget that when your sky was cloudy you only saw clouds. pointing out the sun is useless,  the thing is point out the triggers of the dissolution of the clouds

14 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

I'm talking about the body you're currently deeply identified with; yes, hello, it's going to die sooner or later, hopefully you already knew that. You could call it a belief or an assumption sure, just as I believe the Sun will rise tommorow over Denmark again;)

The problem isn't that you're going to die (i.e. you're body is going to die), the problem is you're still deeply identified with your body, and thus still believe you're capable of dying and going to a deep sleep forever and ever and ever and ever and ever....

You see? 'you' as <insert your name>/body are going to die but what about You, i.e. the real you, have you ever been unconscious?

@WaveInTheOcean I don't remember. I only remember this life.

That's the whole issue about it.

When the body dies then material reality maybe is over for ever. 

Probably existence will still exist. As pure Consciousness, but...will ever of "us" will experience another material dream? I don't think so.

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

everything seems very clear when the clouds part, and you say to people: don't you see the obvious? the sun is there. But don't forget that when your sky was cloudy you only saw clouds. pointing out the sun is useless,  the thing is point out the triggers of the dissolution of the clouds

The 'clouds' and the perfect sky are different 'forms' that Consciousness appears as. 

18 hours ago, Someone here said:

Pretty peculiar game. 

I like the contemplation ???

Yeah, with lessening expectations - how things should go - the suffering drops significantly. Imagine, that everything you see around is inside a bubble. The movie inside the bubble plays anyway, with or without commenting & expecting something inside the bubble. Once the attention switched from the character inside a bubble to the bubble itself - the playing plays in the same way but there is no expectations, since there is no identification as a separated character. The fact that there is a bubble with a movie inside is already enough - pure miracle.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

39 minutes ago, Anahata said:

The 'clouds' and the perfect sky are different 'forms' that Consciousness appears as. 

The clouds are the perfect sky...but how to see that when you are lost in them? You have not to remove the clouds, you have to remove the you. But how? 

Edited by Breakingthewall

11 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Someone here What's wrong with invoking time? 

Because we are always chasing some better state in the future (time). And never satisfied with just what's present. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because we are always chasing some better state in the future (time). And never satisfied with just what's present. 

we tend to think better dream better life ... wrong!

happiness is, god observing with rapt attention to the greatest movie ever made

you are not a subject in the movie, rather you are an indulgent receptivity an acute sensitivity a tender hearted cheerleader of all that unfolds

bask in the wow of what is

Edited by gettoefl