Hap E-Boi

Can ASMR contribute to spiritual growth?

4 posts in this topic

Can ASMR contribute to spiritual growth or is it just masturbation? Some people say the latter about psychedelics as well, I'm aware there are two "camps" in that regard, even though I'm not going to make any judgement here. Everyone has their own path, for my psychedelics is porbably not a good idea because I've have suffered from psychosis and it might re-trigger it. I can't know for sure , but I don't want to risk it. Meditation does a great job for me so I'll take the safer but slower path in that regards. I'm wondering if ASMR can help too... it feels good, it's much easier than meditation because you have to face less demons... and this is where it makes me doubt if it is as effective for achieving spiritual growth. I mean aside from when one is searching for a healthy coping mechanism to relax after stressful situations or as a backup for the few moments meditation is too difficult (for example right after the loss of a dear friend).

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

If you can stay aware of the sensory experience without your thoughts hijacking your consciousness, it works as a type of meditation. Meditation doesn't have to feel bad to work.

I would say there is therapeutic value in just closing your eyes and sitting quietly while your subconscious brings up things from the past and the future, but you don't have to meditate like that.

13 hours ago, dropthehat said:

If you can stay aware of the sensory experience without your thoughts hijacking your consciousness, it works as a type of meditation. Meditation doesn't have to feel bad to work.

I would say there is therapeutic value in just closing your eyes and sitting quietly while your subconscious brings up things from the past and the future, but you don't have to meditate like that.

I think somewhere I conditioned myself to let all the clouds of pain, traumas, hurt, fear, shame, etc. go over me and just stand there as a mountain of consciousness, not affected. I used to search for escapism in all the things I did, but by falling into some traps I've become sort of "spiritually masochistic", not real masochism, rather being thankful for all the problems in my life because they give me opportunities to learn/grow and embrace them with love, or just pure observation when I don't receive the love bombing of the universe. I try not to force it an let everything come by itself, more like this:

Love, OK. No love, OK.
Happiness, OK. No happiness, OK.
Problem? Solution, OK. No solution, OK.
Comfort, OK. No comfort, OK.
Torture, OK. No torture, OK.

Edited by Hap E-Boi

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

I’m not an expert but I don’t  think it’ll work. ASMR basically is just shallow stimulation, you’ll just get distracted. There are other ways aside meditation. Like contemplation, visualization, etc.