Vision

How do I do Kriya Yoga when my nose is always blocked?

15 posts in this topic

I have allergic rhinitis. That comes with sinus congestion basically 24/7.

Because of this, I have to breathe with my mouth, and I can’t really do Yoga properly.

How can I do Pranayama exercises when my nose is always blocked? 


“A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” — L. P. Jacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should find a solution to this chronically blocked nose. That's a larger life problem.

Check your diet. Diet causes my nose to clog if I eat the wrong stuff.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Bro go to a yoga certified practioner and do shatkriyas. do jalanethi and sutranethi. you will be fine in no time. avoid sugar, milk.20210706_120712.jpg

here is a pic of me doing sutranethi. after doing sutranethi my nose opened and i can feel lot of energy.

 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Bro go to a yoga certified practioner and do shatkriyas. do jalanethi and sutranethi. you will be fine in no time. avoid sugar, milk.20210706_120712.jpg

here is a pic of me doing sutranethi. after doing sutranethi my nose opened and i can feel lot of energy.

 

Looks really scary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hello from Russia said:

Looks really scary

Yeah but its easy. and good thing is after you do it, you can feel the difference of intake of air, its like you remove some kind of blockage that was obstructing the prana .  meditation will also feel good.


I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harikrishnan said:

Yeah but its easy. and good thing is after you do it, you can feel the difference of intake of air, its like you remove some kind of blockage that was obstructing the prana .  meditation will also feel good.

Is it simillar to opposite nostril breathing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vision use the antihistamines during the summer or get immunity shots this winter for the next season. Why reinvent the wheel, the conventional ways of easing seasonal allergies are quite ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You should find a solution to this chronically blocked nose. That's a larger life problem.

Check your diet. Diet causes my nose to clog if I eat the wrong stuff.

@Leo GuraI think that my gut problems have a role in this. I have a lot of food intolerances.

When I go carnivore it seems to get better. It goes from being completely blocked to being partially blocked. But it's still there. 

2 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Bro go to a yoga certified practioner and do shatkriyas. do jalanethi and sutranethi. you will be fine in no time. avoid sugar, milk.20210706_120712.jpg

here is a pic of me doing sutranethi. after doing sutranethi my nose opened and i can feel lot of energy.

 

@Harikrishnan Woah that's pretty cool dude. Where did you find a practitioner? 

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

@Vision use the antihistamines during the summer or get immunity shots this winter for the next season. Why reinvent the wheel, the conventional ways of easing seasonal allergies are quite ok. 

@Girzo Antihistamines only improve the runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing for me. It doesn't help the blocked nose at all. 


“A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” — L. P. Jacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vision said:

I think that my gut problems have a role in this. I have a lot of food intolerances.

Do elimination dieting to sort out the causes. This is a good thing for you regardless of yoga. You don't want to live a life with a clogged nose.

Quote

When I go carnivore it seems to get better. It goes from being completely blocked to being partially blocked. But it's still there. 

You can do yoga with partially blocked. Remember, your nose actually alternates nostril blockage every hour, from left side to right side, and back. One of your nostrils should be a bit blocked compared to the other, and it will alternate hourly. This is okay. Do your pranayamas.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently discovered that the yellow flowers of dandelion make a nose free. Try 6-7 flowers for a cup of tee. Tastes a little bitter, I drink it with a honey or jam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are having issues with allergies, then it might be worth trying out some licorice root powder and quercetin. Of course if you can find the root cause that helps a lot more, but this still work. Quercetin will especially help breathing quality in my experience and drop stuffiness. itching, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Is it simillar to opposite nostril breathing?

I was talking about SuthraNethi which insertion of catheter through nose and open it, as leo said above normally our nose alternates to take prana and objective of this process is to remove that nose alternates so both nostril left (Chandra Nadi) and Right (Surya Nadi) is balanced and open both time. Surya nadi is destruction of cells and Chandra nadi is creation and rejuvenation of new cells, and this Nethi is done to balance it.


I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2021 at 0:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

Do elimination dieting to sort out the causes. This is a good thing for you regardless of yoga. You don't want to live a life with a clogged nose.

I think it'll resolve once I fix my gut issues... hopefully.

On 07/07/2021 at 0:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

You can do yoga with partially blocked. Remember, your nose actually alternates nostril blockage every hour, from left side to right side, and back. One of your nostrils should be a bit blocked compared to the other, and it will alternate hourly. This is okay. Do your pranayamas.

I should've emphasized the degree to which it is blocked. I know that our nose alternates nostril blockage every few hours. 

What I meant by partially blocked is that I need to exhale and inhale with as much force as I can for any air to come in/out. My nose just sounds like steam going off. I can't breathe normally with it.

@Leo Gura What type of SIBO do you have? I gotta deal with combined hydrogen & methane and I am looking for a protocol with a high success rate.


“A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” — L. P. Jacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2021 at 2:40 AM, Average Investor said:

If you are having issues with allergies, then it might be worth trying out some licorice root powder and quercetin. Of course if you can find the root cause that helps a lot more, but this still work. Quercetin will especially help breathing quality in my experience and drop stuffiness. itching, etc. 

@Average Investor I've had both of those. Quercetin helped with sneezing and runny nose but not blocked nose. I don't know if licorice root powder did anything. 

 

@Harikrishnan Where did you find a practitioner? 


“A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” — L. P. Jacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vision said:

 

@Harikrishnan Where did you find a practitioner? 

They are pretty common in India, so it was easy for me to find. I dont know where you are from but i guess they can be found in most cities. 


I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now