Intraplanetary

Trusting Life

10 posts in this topic

I don’t have clarity about how my life turns out to be career-/purpose-wise. I don’t have a plan/vision set out about where I’m going and what I’m trying to accomplish long-term.

I don’t have a specific craft that I’m working on. Rather I, myself, am my own craft.

I deeply feel that the most important thing in my life has been finding my own truth independently and setting deep values for myself. The only thing that I can actually do is to take the next step, say the next word, and take the next action based on my truth and values.

I know that I’m a part of a bigger whole and I’m exactly where I have to be. Everything is perfect. Every situation is turning out to be exactly as it should be.

I deeply feel that my calling is to become a highly conscious individual, self-aware and loving; to be highly functional and beautiful like an instrument that is being played by the Universe. I’m taken care of; I’m being played the perfect music at all times - there are no wrong decisions in life, there is no failure.

I know that my job is to ground myself as deeply as possible in my truth and act on my values and the rest is taken care of. I’m going exactly where I have to go, deeply trusting Life. 

I know that in this way - honing myself as an instrument, I'm preparing myself for a big gig, and I surrender to the Universe completely, to play me when the time comes.

Trusting Life is my Perfection and Freedom.

softly into the Abyss...

Fuck wow, holy shit. This is profound, although all words I use fail to convey the immense perfection of what this and all things really are.

Have a lovely sunday.

10 hours ago, longusername12345 said:

all words I use fail to convey the immense perfection of what this and all things really are.

Yop. the most profound truths are ineffable 

softly into the Abyss...

The first one of these excerpts I’ve posted so much I bet some may be getting sick of seeing it. These excerpts about basic trust go so well with what @Intraplanetary  wrote so beautifully I couldn’t resist adding a few more from that glossary page. I didn’t get all of them though.

Basic trust is such a crucial element,,,,

',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Innate Sense that Life is Fundamentally Benevolent 

The presence of basic trust indicates that you have the innate sense that life is fundamentally benevolent, and that benevolence exists independent of you and your actions. You will have this sense to the extent that your grounding in the universe has not been disturbed. The relative presence or absence of basic trust is a belly quality, something one’s whole being is either grounded in or not. The disturbance of basic trust is a significant factor in ego development because the perspective of ego is diametrically opposed to the sense of basic trust. The ego’s perspective arises out of a lack of this trust. It is based on distrust, on paranoia, on fear, on the conviction that you're not going to be adequately taken care of and that the universe is not there to hold and take care of you in the ways that you need. This conviction causes you to believe that you have to engage in all kinds of manipulations and games to get your needs met and to make things work out. 

Facets of Unity, pg. 25 

Trusting the Dynamism of the Inquiry

In time, you develop basic trust and you learn to trust the dynamism of the inquiry. This will happen as result of several things: first, clearly recognizing the optimizing force in the dynamism of your own unfolding; second, truly seeing that optimization is the nature of the dynamism; and third, having faith that the optimizing is occurring even when you can’t feel it in the moment. Then you are trusting the guidance and the unfoldment. Basic trust – the knowing that you just need to relax and things will work out fine – is an automatic result of this developing knowledge of reality. 

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 122 

With Basic Trust You Take Risks

When you have a lot of basic trust, you are courageous and authentic. You take risks. You don't sit on your capacities. You engage in life wholeheartedly, doing what feels appropriate to you with the confidence that it will work out. Without much basic trust, you are paralyzed with fear of failure and fear of rejection. 

',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Facets of Unity, pg. 28 

Without Basic Trust We Live Our Lives Defensively

If basic trust informs your experience, your psyche is relaxed. Your soul is at peace with itself and with your situation, resting in the unquestioned confidence that the universe provides, that you have, and will receive, what you really need, and that things are workable. If we really have this trust, this deep inner relaxation, it becomes possible to live our lives out of love, out of an appreciation of life, out of enjoyment in what the universe provides for us, and out of compassion and kindness for others and ourselves. Without it, we live our lives defensively, in conflict with others and with ourselves, becoming self-centered and egoistic. To find our basic trust is to reconnect with our natural state that we have become separated from. When we are innately infused by reality, our soul or consciousness is completely transparent to the truth that we and the universe are one, that we are supported by reality and that reality is by its very nature good, and that what happens is inevitably right since it emerges out of that inherent perfection. When you understand this, it becomes obvious why it is so difficult to relax and let go, and why it is so important regain our basic trust. 

Facets of Unity, pg. 32 

Without Basic Trust We React According to Our Conditioning

Now we can see how the presence or absence of basic trust is crucial to the initial step in the process of the transformation of any sector of the ego. This step is only completed by giving up the particular structure we have been holding on to. Basic trust gives you the capacity and the willingness to let go of the images, identifications, structures, beliefs, ideas, and concepts -- the remnants of the past that make up the ego. Implicit in this initial step is the second one: If you are able to surrender, then you are willing to be. You are willing to not try to change things, to not manipulate them, to not push and pull at them. You are willing to just be present, which is a sort of realization itself. First, then, is the death of the old; second is the realization of Being. If you don't have basic trust, you will react to what arises in accordance with your conditioning and will want your process to go one way or another. You won’t let yourself just be present; you’ll be tense and contracted. So basic trust is needed for you to be able to allow the ego to die, and also for you to be willing to just be, without reacting. 

Facets of Unity, pg. 26

taken from - https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/basic-trust

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot thanks for sharing - it's amazing to read this. 

Acceptance for everything as it is, and Surrender... oh my... it's transforming beyond description. I'm every day falling in love with myself and Life. 

softly into the Abyss...

20 hours ago, SaltyMeatballs said:

I think you will resonate with this book:

The surrender Experiment

I had read this. Great recommendation, thank you. Do you know any other similar books?

softly into the Abyss...

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

I had read this. Great recommendation, thank you. Do you know any other similar books?

Nope.

On 7/4/2021 at 1:07 PM, Intraplanetary said:

I don’t have clarity about how my life turns out to be career-/purpose-wise. I don’t have a plan/vision set out about where I’m going and what I’m trying to accomplish long-term.

I don’t have a specific craft that I’m working on. Rather I, myself, am my own craft.

I deeply feel that the most important thing in my life has been finding my own truth independently and setting deep values for myself. The only thing that I can actually do is to take the next step, say the next word, and take the next action based on my truth and values.

I know that I’m a part of a bigger whole and I’m exactly where I have to be. Everything is perfect. Every situation is turning out to be exactly as it should be.

I deeply feel that my calling is to become a highly conscious individual, self-aware and loving; to be highly functional and beautiful like an instrument that is being played by the Universe. I’m taken care of; I’m being played the perfect music at all times - there are no wrong decisions in life, there is no failure.

I know that my job is to ground myself as deeply as possible in my truth and act on my values and the rest is taken care of. I’m going exactly where I have to go, deeply trusting Life. 

I know that in this way - honing myself as an instrument, I'm preparing myself for a big gig, and I surrender to the Universe completely, to play me when the time comes.

Trusting Life is my Perfection and Freedom.

Beautifully, and eloquently written. Seems like you are exactly where you need to be. There is a liberation in having faith in the Universe because infinite intelligence governs and watches over all aspects of our lives.