Terell Kirby

I needd advice on psychedelics (newbie here)

16 posts in this topic

Any advice on which to start with for someone who’s never tried them? What is considered good for beginners, mid tier and a seasoned/experienced user? 

Maybe dosage, smaller dosages, are more important for beginners rather than specific substances.  

Here's a great channel on psychedelics.  He really breaks things down in a very data-friendly, harm-reduction friendly, and less abstract way.  If that floats your boat.  I think his perspectives provide a great grounding to explore psychedelics.  

channel = PsychedSubstance

If you can't play the video below, go to YouTube and type "PsychedSubstance beginner".  The video name is "Top 5 Starter Psychedelics". 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Watch Leo's episode on psychedelics, which covers most of the essential information. I suggest a strong meditation habit as well, for you to train your "introspection muscle". This really helps to make sense out of psychedelic experiences, rather than just doing it for entertainment reasons. 

If you just want to have fun, try some microdosing with psylocibin or LSD. But if you want to seriously get the most out of psychedelics you should really prepare for a breakthrough dose, which should never be done without proper preparation and experience. 

8 hours ago, Vynce said:

Watch Leo's episode on psychedelics, which covers most of the essential information. I suggest a strong meditation habit as well, for you to train your "introspection muscle". This really helps to make sense out of psychedelic experiences, rather than just doing it for entertainment reasons. 

If you just want to have fun, try some microdosing with psylocibin or LSD. But if you want to seriously get the most out of psychedelics you should really prepare for a breakthrough dose, which should never be done without proper preparation and experience. 

^^ Solid advice.

In my experience, LSD was perhaps the most conducive to mystical experiences powerful enough to have lasting effect on life, consciousness, and realization. 5-MeO-DMT later on maybe, but it’s not really all that incredibly special — it’s all about the dose anyway... And contemplation, and subtlety, and (seriously) love.

Newbie here too, tried mushrooms once. Absolutely highly recommend, they can do so much for you in terms of healing and psychological development, also helping you connect with being and shadow work

@Insane butterfly how can you do that with mdma? I tried twice with mdma crystal (80 microgram and 115 microgram), but no love feelings at all, just acceptance, a little warm feeling and calmness. No big emotions did come up. Do I need to close my eyes constantly for this?

LSD 

Start with 50ug then couple of 100ug and progress upto 300ug

Test your substance always!!!

And research psychedelics yourself. 

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Insane butterfly how can you do that with mdma? I tried twice with mdma crystal (80 microgram and 115 microgram), but no love feelings at all, just acceptance, a little warm feeling and calmness. No big emotions did come up. Do I need to close my eyes constantly for this?

Probably weak. Unless you actually meant micrograms lol. Antidepressants also render it quite weak. 115 mg MDMA can have you basically writhing on the floor in ecstasy. Some might need a bit more. No need to surpass 200mg imo. Just take it on an empty stomach.

@The0Self sorry I meant 115 milligram. It was tingeling but not strong exctasy. I was just chilling mostly. No Love at all. 

Maybe for people who do not try LSD this is like extasy?? For me as someone experienced with LSD it is emotionally pretty weak experience.

Do I somehing wrong? I drink it in water with grapefruit juice. I sit and have no distractions (No music). I sit there with open and sometimes closed eyes. if I close my eyes I go deep, the experience sucks me in its own realm somehow, am a little afraid if I keep closing my eyes, cannot feel my body anymore and this is freaky so I open them. What happens if I close the whole time? Maybe this is the key?

Edited by OBEler

57 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@The0Self sorry I meant 115 milligram. It was tingeling but not strong exctasy. I was just chilling mostly. No Love at all. 

Maybe for people who do not try LSD this is like extasy?? For me as someone experienced with LSD it is emotionally pretty weak experience.

Do I somehing wrong? I drink it in water with grapefruit juice. I sit and have no distractions (No music). I sit there with open and sometimes closed eyes. if I close my eyes I go deep, the experience sucks me in its own realm somehow, am a little afraid if I keep closing my eyes, cannot feel my body anymore and this is freaky so I open them. What happens if I close the whole time? Maybe this is the key?

I’m not sure. It’s been a while since I’ve used it. But it was always a social love explosion of pure openness and acceptance and a feeling of ascending upward with incredible force. Even when talking with my group of friends.

LSD was quite a bit more intense — God realization, became the creation of the entire universe (timelessly!), and came back down and realized psychedelics are interdependent with the entire universe and neither existed before the other, so everything is empty and literally nothing ever happens. ? 

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self lol social love Explosion, this thing I had really not experienced. 

Ok maybe 115 Milligramm is too weak? Or it is so that I am too old for this(35 years old). I recognize how emotional the youth is compared to older people. How much laughting while playing games, how much energy on something. The older you get the more Zen like you become (at least if you are not taking drugs like alcohol) 

Edited by OBEler

18 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@The0Self lol social love Explosion, this thing I had really not experienced. 

Ok maybe 115 Milligramm is too weak? Or it is so that I am too old for this(35 years old). I recognize how emotional the youth is compared to older people. How much laughting while playing games, how much energy on something. The older you get the more Zen like you become (at least if you are not taking drugs like alcohol) 

Perhaps. I used MDMA mainly at age 18-22 and I'm in mid 20's now. No desire to take it now. Usually it was 120-200mg.

@Terell Kirby Lsd is the best for a start.;):x

Take care of  *Set and settings*  beforehand.

Bon voyage ?

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."