Rishabh R

Time

6 posts in this topic

@Leo Gurar How is time relative? As what we perceive time in day to day life depends on the position of the Sun and Earth .Imagine if there is an astronaut who goes into spaceship if he is fortune enough to see the earth from space .He will see the blue earth but the space around it would be dark .So at one place there is light of the Sun on earth and the entire space is dark . So the dark of the space remains and in Earth's case as it rotates the position of earth changes but the direction of Sun's projection of sunrays remains the same . Isn't it that the light and dark will remain at their places thereby making time constant ?Please could u explain to me .

This isn’t an original idea of Leo’s. Study General and Special Relativity. Relative time isn’t even a controversial subject like you’re making it sound. Mainstream science has accepted the relativity of time for about a century now (since Einstein). 

Astronauts experience time moving approximately 0.005 seconds slower per six months than people down on Earth. This has been measured and verified already. And that’s just one very subtle example. GPS systems wouldn’t work without accounting for the relativity of time 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/do-astronauts-age-slower-than-people-on-earth-2015-8%3famp

Edited by Synchronicity

Thank you for the perspective but I need more opinions.And also even if it the universe is expanding time  is moving uniformly in one direction as time depends on distance. Which itself makes time constant.

Edited by Rishabh R
Forgot to include some lines

I have come to conclusion after contemplating that time is relative in human perception but absolute in universe's perception . Can someone explain this to me ?

@Rishabh R It's all relative to whatever interpretation you want to take because there's multiple reference frames by which time is relative. I'll add to the list, brain speed. Now that's a mindfuck the more your mind is able to comprehend that, which is in part, correlated to your brain speed. This same example is analogous to how time travel is hypothesised as well as believe it or not the ability of Mc Donald's personnel to take down your order correctly and communicate its service between each other well.

@Leo GuraIsn't the universe's perception meta compared to all other perceptions ?Is relativity wrong in context of universe's perception ?Can somebody reply and explain it to me .

Edited by Rishabh R
Forgot to include a line