Eternal Unity

4 months in a psychiatric hospital after Seeing The Ox

55 posts in this topic

@Eternal Unity  thank you for sharing such a wholesome inspiring story :)

You will definitely achieve great heights spiritually in your life given your commitment.

I'm glad you're taking psychotherapy because that's absolutely essential in shaping our future personalities.

I wish psychotherapy was available to everyone free of cost.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

23 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

No idea what you are talking about. I've been in a psych ward, both voluntarily and involuntarily, and there was no forced medication or inhumane treatment.

Same here.  It felt more like a preschool for adults in a way.  Not inhumane, but the system still has a ways to go imo.  

22 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

I don't believe it's harmful, it does keep me balaced in the dopamine, serotonin and melatonin section which is good. Without it, for the moment, I can lapse into psychosis very quickly. I do have consciousness defenses I can use and I came to be quite proficient in them over the years, I just don't want to take the chance. My aim is not to be dependant on medication and the doctors say that it is possible but it'll take time. Anyway, I don't feel anything different or damaged in any way when I am at my normal state of consciousness, which is most of the time.

Glad to hear that!

Thank you so much! Highly appreciated :)

I feel the same way when I take medication versus when I don't.  

@Eternal Unity wishing you all the best. I’ve had my own brush with psychiatry and medication, although my diagnosis is not as severe. I think it’s important to look beyond the biomedical paradigm, the medications have a place but they only suppress the symptoms, they don’t guide you deeper into who you are, and the episodes you experience are part of that. It’s important to explore these things. 

I would recommend watching the documentary Crazywise, it tells the story beautifully. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Advocate Thank you!

@Bodhitree Thanks. What you say is true.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

@Eternal Unity It's beautiful to see you take so much positivity from such challenging times. I can't even imagine how being in there must have felt liked combined with your insights. It seems to me you've built a lot of strength and acceptance!

On 7/4/2021 at 0:26 PM, Eternal Unity said:

I went on and on about how I am an eternal being, that I discovered The True God, that all of reality is One. They took notes and said: "Yes. of course you are"

I'm honest, i laughed hard at that last part :ph34r: Of course it's also a sad symbol for so much ignorance.

2 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

@Advocate

@Bodhitree Thanks. What you say is true.

My own experiences have become more and more focussed, less scattered in different areas. Occasionally I hear voices, and sometimes when I try to sleep I have short visions, I experience visitors, some good, some bad. But I take the general point of view that one should let these things come and go of their own accord, and not attach too much importance to them. If you make them important, they begin to distort what you think and do, you give them a certain power over you. 

It is like it is a test, where they search among all the things you care about for those subjects which will move you. I once had a voice that said it was God. I wasn’t particularly religious at the time so I was not hugely affected, but that is the kind of trick it will play on you. So if you ever decide to lower your medications that’s something you may encounter. 

For me, these things started not long after I kind of dared the universe, I said, if there is anything left for me to do on a spiritual level, just bring it on. And within six months, I started hearing voices. At first I was ambivalent about it, it was very confusing. Of course the doctors said, unless you take medication we can’t help you. But gradually over the years it has gotten easier. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@peanutspathtotruth Thank you, kindly :) ?

On 7.7.2021 at 4:36 PM, peanutspathtotruth said:

I'm honest, i laughed hard at that last part :ph34r: Of course it's also a sad symbol for so much ignorance.

Great to hear! Yeah, it is funny now I think about it ? back then it was like talking to the wall.

One psychiatry student did listen and took me seriously. He ended up helping me the most. I was his doctorate case or something.

@Bodhitree Thanks for sharing! Hearing voices is something that I hadn't experienced until 2015 and when I did is was very mystical indeed. Back in 2010, the doctors thought I wasn't honest with them, they thought I DID hear voices and lying about that or was too fearful to talk about that but really I wasn't. They thought they knew about my condition more than me just because I presented expected symptoms.

Edited by Eternal Unity

@Eternal Unity Doctors can be a bit like that, especially with patients with mental health symptoms. But did you know that only about 1 in 5 people who hear voices actually end up contacting mental health services? It’s a lot more common than the doctors would have you think, even if a lot of those who keep it quiet can do so because they just hear an occasional voice, often the voice of a family member. There is a whole separate support network for “voice hearers” which is not managed by doctors but by volunteers. 

It is not easy to give these kinds of experiences a place in spiritual growth. I recall seeing the documentary Crazywise which talks some about shamans and how they would see these things as a talent for seeing into another world. But in western society it is not straightforward, everything gets ‘medicalised’ and buried under a load of pills. Finding what it means to you as a spiritual person takes a lot of time if you don’t have a guide.

Thank you, thank you for sharing! You are incredible. 

Wow, what a Journey. I am sorry that you went through all these hard experiences. And I'm happy For the Beautiful awakenings. Sending you lots of love!

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@Vercingetorix Thanks, brother!

On 7/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, Blackhawk said:

No idea what you are talking about. I've been in a psych ward, both voluntarily and involuntarily, and there was no forced medication or inhumane treatment.

I have had 5 stays and I didnt get treated inhumanely but i witnessed the inhumane treatment of a couple other patients and this was in a teenage ward. 

Got forced a ton of medication every single time though.

@Adodd ? Thanks for reading!

@sda I was treated for free plus I was a student at the time so I had extra benefits.

Mostly, healthcare in Israel is free.

1 minute ago, eaaaeaeae said:

reading stuff like that make me realise that if I ever get in front of some difficult true, I probably should make anything not to get locked to these hell psych wards. Normal people are scary and barbarians in my humble opinion after all

Yes, to me that is the most dangerous of all spiritual dangers. Get locked into mental hospital and forced medication. This can ruine your whole life. This can let permanent dysfonction on your consciousness. And the people that will lock you in won’t let you rest without forcing you to take pills(which is really what you need after a breakthrough experience where you are flirting with madness) they will get you in your moment of weakness and trap you there. I would suggest to be extremely extremely careful the weak or even the month after a great breakthrough experience. Never do psychedelics when you don’t feel perfectly stabilize. And always keep some benzos (xanax, lexomil..) in case you’re really falling into madness. You should not take this regularly as it will fry your brain but once in a while won’t hurt you. That is for sure. But forced antipsychotic will for sure fuck your mind so if you feel very vulnerable, if you find yourself in a situation where you have not slept for 5days(already happened to me) just relax, pop one benzo and sleep. Cause this moments when you are very vulnerable are the moments you’ll be likely to do stupid things and if you get caught doing stupid things. The people who caught you don’t know anything about spirituality. They’ll label you as a crazy person and when you’re label as a crazy person. You can tell all the truth you want. You’re fucked, at least, that is how it is in France..

I am healed.

Teal Swan :x