DefinitelyNotARobot

Okay so what the hell am I experiencing.

14 posts in this topic

What even is the question. This is so ridiculous. It's almost as if there was no questions to be asked. No answer to be given. Yet here I am. Asking the question of "what is the actual fucking question". If there are no answers to be given then why am I even asking (like what the hell). I mean I enjoy asking them, but what am I "really" getting out of them?  Why do I even ask questions. Can I just... stop? What would happen if I stopped. SO maybe this is something that needs some "establishing" to be done.

So the question is: What would happen if I stopped. Would... I stop? That's a scary thought. I don't like scary things even though I like to think that I do because, after all, I'm a manly man. Manly men don't back off... Right? 

It's so stupid and I am not really getting anywhere with this so just get back to the question of what would happen if I stopped and call it a quit.

beep boop

Yes, that's just what it felt like when I had an interview with a Zen master on a retreat. He just sat there, kinda smiling at me, waiting for me to tell him my problems. What the heck do I ask him? It felt like his gaze was looking straight through my facade into my anxiety. Zen meditation is supposed to be about stopping my self-consciousness and getting into a flow state. Stop being me and be the being. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Sometimes we all want to quit. sometimes we all stop at a point in our life to find out once we have to stop nothing is happening but that is normal we are human. This is a thing of emotions and feelings, learn how to control them by not letting them control you. Understand why the feeling and emotions are happening what is causing the disillusion of emotions or feelings .taking the time to focus on self  and what  answer are you really trying to find is within self  God said no man can live on bread but by the word of god can a man live 

Meditation is good to strengthen  the mind  when you are weak

I may have something you would like to check bit.ly/3wgyXUb

Stay with the question. Look for answers - sure - but never take a thought-answer for the answer.

The questioning ITSELF IS the answer.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

1 hour ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

The questioning ITSELF IS the answer.

Hmm I've realized that in a way, seeking is what I am all about. All day I am seeking for things. I am trying to be more than I already am. I am seeking for something that, from my perspective, seems to be outside of myself. I seek experiences, love, money and all of that stuff.

Not that there is anything wrong with seeking, but I feel like I am just chasing my own tail at this point. It feels like what I am seeking is... myself? I don't know it sounds weird right now, but yesterday it made a lot of sense.

beep boop

You are tricking yourself again.

There ARE questions to be asked and answers to arrive at.

If you think this work is nothing but a word game, you aren't doing it right.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Who wants to know? 

What is knowing?

How can you know anything without being openly aware toward the answer, not knowing yet what will be the answer?

Is awareness the question, or the answer? Is awareness knowing, or not knowing? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There ARE questions to be asked and answers to arrive at.

So what then is the point behind asking questions? I can see it's importance within survival, as asking questions helps me stay alive, but what value do they offer beyond survival? Like what would happen if all questions were answered? Would I eventually go full circle and arrive right where I already am? Could that even be possible?

I am just trying to understand where I'm going with all of this seeking. It feels like I'm chasing my own tail, but perhaps I'm just asking the wrong kinds of questions.

@mandyjw Those are some interesting questions I'll have to reflect upon. I'm not sure if I understand the third question though. Could you elaborate on that one a little further?

beep boop

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

So what then is the point behind asking questions? I can see it's importance within survival, as asking questions helps me stay alive, but what value do they offer beyond survival?

Questions are useful for survival, but they are also necessary for transcending survival.

Value is a notion from within survival, it does not apply to stuff beyond survival. Nevertheless, you will never reach beyond survival without profound and serious questioning.

Like what would happen if all questions were answered?

You would become God.

Would I eventually go full circle and arrive right where I already am?

It's not a circle but a spiral. You would arrive to a similar place, but it would be a higher elevation.

If you think that all this questioning makes no difference, you're wrong. It makes a profound difference to the quality of your life.

I am just trying to understand where I'm going with all of this seeking. It feels like I'm chasing my own tail, but perhaps I'm just asking the wrong kinds of questions.

If you ask the right questions in the right ways you make progress towards Truth, Consciousness, Love, and Self-Understanding.

By not asking questions, you remain ignorant.

See video: The Power Of Asking Questions

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

40 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@mandyjw Those are some interesting questions I'll have to reflect upon. I'm not sure if I understand the third question though. Could you elaborate on that one a little further?

It's about contemplating open mindedness, or beyond contemplation because you aren't going on any preconceived ideas of what open mindedness is. In your direct experience, in this very moment, how do you "know" anything? How do you "know" whatever you're looking at? 

Have you ever really learned anything that you didn't know? Have you ever learned anything you weren't open to? Is that openness knowing or not knowing? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You're just confused. It's completely normal. It's good, even.

I was confused regularly for years on end. Somehow one day just stopped having the experience.

Ask questions if you want. Don't ask questions if you want.

There is no modality.

The path can be walked with both feet, one foot, one hand, both hands, three fingers, one finger, your thumb, a nail, a strand of hair.

The neighbor's dog... a frozen blueberry... the continent asia... the color green... the continent green... the color asia...

Structure is difficult to change. And furthermore, there is no structure.

There's nothing to elaborate.

@Leo Gura This makes a lot of sense, thank you!

@mandyjw Hmm. I feel like not knowing is an essential part of learning. Like if I believe that I know a thing I'm less likely to arrive at the actual truth, because I wouldn't questions something that I was sure of. By admitting that I don't know a thing finding the truth becomes a possibility. If I am too sure in my own beliefs and think that I've got it all figured out I actually close my mind to all the different possibilities and perspectives.

But what about knowing that I don't know a thing? There are a lot of things I don't know that I don't know. How am I going to know a thing if I don't even know that it can be known? Trough observation? By experience?

11 hours ago, Gnosis said:

You're just confused. It's completely normal. It's good, even.

I definitely do feel confused. It actually feels somewhat good. It feels better/truer than this false sense of confidence and security that I often get stuck in.

beep boop