JustinS

Anyone Into Psytrance Culture?

31 posts in this topic

i like psybient, which for me is synonym of subconscious, and how neurons works in the brain (like underlying structures, moving slowly in the dark, while we are not aware of it : like ambient music, it's here, but there is no "face" no "main object" it's all sensations and surrounding sounds).

I've listened to the whole Fax +49-69/450464 records, mostly by Peter Namlook.

Randomly came across "programming music" playlists on youtube, kinda cool (many video games soundtracks).

My latest discovery in this area is ultimae records (asura).

https://ultimae.bandcamp.com/

+ Carbon Based Lifeforms

+ Solar Fields (The Mirror Edge's series)

@Soulbass Beautiful stuff, thanks for sharing. I can already tell I'ma be diving into some of these. 

Lover of psybient as well. Check out http://www.ektoplazm.com/ if you haven't done so. They've got a full range of different psychedelic subgenres. 

Cheeers!

@WildChild88 Yes, 150+!! Enjoyed listening to ajjas set at Shankra as well. You coming to Oregon Eclipse?!

@JustinS Wow nice, I follow them on youtube and didnt know they would be there!

I actually am, I love dancing but I have friends who are really into it and they say I like "happy psy", I think the more you understand about you start liking the dark one too, maybe I need to do some shadow work before getting into dark psy! xD

https://www.everfest.com/magazine/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-surrender-to-psytrance

I read this those days, you might like it.

The first time I heard psytrance I was under MDMA effects, man it was the best party ever, like the music was talking to me, a different language, and this language was older than me and any verbal language I've learned in my life, like dancing with my soul, really interesting the impact of the song on us, that was about 6 months ago, so I've been to some psy parties here in the bay since then, this weekend is one, pisces mad maxx, I hope we can meet at Oregon Eclipse.

Do you know if Martin Ball will be there? since he lives in Oregon I thought there is a possibility of seeing him, I love his work.

pierreekman_dancefloorboom2012.png

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@Laisa A year ago dark psy just didn't feel right but now since getting more into self inquiry and contemplation it totally feels right. I used to listen to only progressive, uplifting, and full on so I can relate. 

Great article! Would like to go to Boom one day, and many other still on my list. 

Ohh yeah that feeling of total energetic state of dance, bare feet on the dirt ground, others around you sharing the same feeling that you just can't put together into words but they know exactly what you're trying to say through dance. Let's meet! 

I'm not sure if Martin will be there but I follow him on FB so I'll keep you updated on that. Would love to meet him in person. 

If you haven't watched this of his ceremony days already, you've got to: Long but juicyyy :)

Some of his music I'd like to share with you: 

Beautiful stuff :') Enjoy.

@JustinS Yes, I've seen all of his videos, Im so intrigated about the body's energy and the mirror thing he talks about while on 5meo, I'm gonna start reading his book Being human 

The music I havent heard, its great, thanks 

Boom is only next year now, I wanna go too, we have Universo Paralelo in Brazil but I've never been, I dont know if you heard about it, there is even a movie called Artificial Paradises, people who organize Mundo Paralelo will be in Oregon Eclipse too, its gonna be big.

I'm a newbie, started all of this 6 months ago maybe one day I will like dark psy haha but for now when I listen its kind of scary, it does something to my brain, dont know how to explain.. this is sober, imagine taking stuff, dark night of the soul xD

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@Laisa Oh yeah some of his patients can see a line going down that splits symmetrically. O.o Nice, that is on my list as well. 

Yeah Universo Paralelo will be in Oregon Eclipse so we'll get a taste of them! Excited, I'm sure they've got new flavors.

A psy culture movie hmmm interesting, any good? 

It's still scary for me too haha, it's kinda supposed to be. Feeling of existential thrill with high energy. Yeah it suits people going through the dark night very well! LOL! That makes sense how and why I got into it in the first place, thanks it just clicked. 

Martin is working on a new book. Just a heads up. o.O

Astrix & Shpongle <3

This is one of my favorite Psy albums ever, Takes me deeper than the rabbit hole :D

Something about this music especially on psychedelics the music talks to me, i see them in sacred geometrical forms/fractals in my vision, every beat, every sound has meaning, has a message, has teaching/learning complex added and understand that these are truly works of art influenced by higher consciousness signaled into the channel(user). Other music doesn't seem to have as a profound effect as these.

My friends on the other hand get scared listening to this stuff haha but they are slowly integrating ;)

Some others i enjoy..

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 3/5/2017 at 7:49 AM, JustinS said:

@WildChild88 Yes, 150+!! Enjoyed listening to ajjas set at Shankra as well. You coming to Oregon Eclipse?!

Hey you were in Shankra last year ? Awesome! Our tents were near the violet floor and we were Psykovsy-ed for ten hours straight. A week after the festival we could still hear the BOOM BOOM BOOM hallucination in our heads. So cool :D 

In Oregon ? Wow no. Never been in the US ... I'm not a big traveler, I rather go in Israel for the DOOF :) You travel a lot don't you ? Will you come back in Switzerland soon ?

On 3/15/2017 at 11:28 AM, pluto said:

Astrix & Shpongle <3

+1 for Shpongle
I didn't knew Astrix's album. I'm listening to it now and I love it! Very tribal!  Thank you

@WildChild88 No I wasn't. The location looked astounding! hahah oh man doof looks like a good psy festival. Them crazy Israelis know how to dance! I would love to go to Switzerland someday, when I do I will contact you. 

What is it like living in Switzerland anyway? I live in Los Angeles, CA not much green here, mainly concrete. 

My friend sent me this track to do some self inquiry (basically just a technique of repeatedly meditating on the phrase "What am I?" or any similar question)  

Listen to Mindex - Nostaltrophin by MINDEX #np on #SoundCloud

In other news, I must move West!  I will take my time and write poetry along the way. Perhaps get a seasonal job at a nursery or farm.  I think I might land in Sebastepol or Eugene?

Shpongle all day.  Listen to Shpongle when you trip 

The culture is nice, too bad I dislike 95% of all psytrance except for infected mushrooms that's just brilliant.