Someone here

Enlightenment =unconditional happiness?

29 posts in this topic

For example, does a highly enlightened person feel grief after someone close to them has died? Are they actually uncondtionally happy, or in denial about how they actually feel? Can you still feel grief and stay happy? So the more enlightened the more insanely happy you become lol. It seems incomprehensible that you could stay smiling in such a travesty.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Enligthenment can best be described as freedom from chasing happiness.

Enlightenment isn't unconditional happiness. It's unconditional love.

Whatever arises is honored, loved while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that it - in the end - doesn't matter

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean so enlightened people still feel sad and grief when things do not go their way? 

-Osho

39 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Enligthenment can best be described as freedom from chasing happiness.

yes and or freedom from chasing anything other than what is.

Enlightenment isn't unconditional happiness. It's unconditional love.

Just be aware that a paraplegic may describe it as unconditional imprisonment. Unconditional love is pointing to the recognition that "it is what it is", what else is there.

Whatever arises is honored, loved while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that it - in the end - doesn't matter

it can also be hated and denied or anything in between that's what it is. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Someone here

The difference is between enjoying the show, loving the expirence of every emotion, and believing there is a separate you that this is all happening to, the suffering of duality. 

You can feel uncondtional happiness for every state that you find yourself in, it comes from realizing deeper and deeper that you really are the Unconditioned.

Having a worldview that is discordant with the Real distorts the actuality, it brings up thoughts like "This emotion/ state is bad" "I shouldn't be feeling this" rather then accepting the suchness of what is. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@WaveInTheOcean so enlightened people still feel sad and grief when things do not go their way? 

It's the acceptance that whichever way it goes, It's what's happening.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

if i made peace with my death, i also made peace with yours

every minute extra here is a gift, that is why it is called the present

life cannot get any better, i am loving you to the max this very second, how could i possibly want or ask for more

Enlightenment is happiness. If you don't mind what happens, how can you not be happy ?

22 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@Someone here

The difference is between enjoying the show, loving the expirence of every emotion, and believing there is a separate you that this is all happening to, the suffering of duality. 

You can feel uncondtional happiness for every state that you find yourself in, it comes from realizing deeper and deeper that you really are the Unconditioned.

Having a worldview that is discordant with the Real distorts the actuality, it brings up thoughts like "This emotion/ state is bad" "I shouldn't be feeling this" rather then accepting the suchness of what is. 

?

24 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@Someone here

We aren't meant to be happy 24/7 are we?.. Isn't it natural to feel sad when you are supposed to? Like when losing a loved ones. How can you avoid sadness ? To me it seems like an inherent part of reality. 

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Enlightenment is happiness. If you don't mind what happens, how can you not be happy ?

Be aware that Enlightenment has nothing to do with happiness.

It's simply freedom from the individual that judges apparent happenings as good or bad. 

So it's the transcendence of happiness or sadness if you will.

Freedom for No One ❤

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

We aren't meant to be happy 24/7 are we?.. Isn't it natural to feel sad when you are supposed to? Like when losing a loved ones. How can you avoid sadness ? To me it seems like an inherent part of reality. 

Being happy while being sad don't necessarily contradict each other imo. For me, happiness is about true appreciation/allowance of what is.

If I'm feeling sad, I will appreciate that. If I don't feel appreciation, I will appreciate that.

Being happy ain't about avoiding sadness. Counterintuitively, avoiding sadness is the very thing that drags you down even further.

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah bro, the bliss is the full acceptance of what is. It's the underlying recognition that it's all well. ❤

8 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Being happy while being sad don't necessarily contradict each other imo. For me, happiness is about true appreciation/allowance of what is.

If I'm feeling sad, I will appreciate that. If I don't feel appreciation, I will appreciate that.

Being happy ain't about avoiding sadness. Counterintuitively, avoiding sadness is the very thing that drags you down even further.

❤ ?

53 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Hate and denial are ultimately speaking also Love.

However, relatively speaking, hate and denial is not 'in alignment' with the 'human embodiment of Love' ('enlightenment, liberation, being fully awake'), so if you are still - from time to time - acting from a place of denial and/or hate, it means you still have more 'trauma work' to do.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@Someone here

You missed what I was saying. I am not telling you that it is unnatural to not be happy. I am telling you to enjoy your sadness, enjoy your anger, enjoy your disgust, enjoy your fear, enjoy it all! It is all Infinite Beauty!

When you are sad express it, be sad, love the sadness, cry your heart out, play sad music, make art about your sadness! 

Emotions are a beautiful thing, mastery over them is your ability to channel them into motivation by seeing the beauty in them. 

Learn to dance with emotions, in life they are here to stay, and they are wonderful. 

The mind will constantly try to tell you that it understands emotions, but it never will, only the Heart does. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

7 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@Someone here

You missed what I was saying. I am not telling you that it is unnatural to not be happy. I am telling you to enjoy your sadness, enjoy your anger, enjoy your disgust, enjoy your fear, enjoy it all! It is all Infinite Beauty!

When you are sad express it, be sad, love the sadness, cry your heart out, play sad music, make art about your sadness! 

Emotions are a beautiful thing, mastery over them is your ability to channel them into motivation by seeing the beauty in them. 

Learn to dance with emotions, in life they are here to stay, and they are wonderful. 

The mind will constantly try to tell you that it understands emotions, but it never will, only the Heart does. 

agreed rejoice in the whole dance

happiness is just be you to full, namely beau ti ful

Edited by gettoefl

how did nisargadatta deal with his cancer diagnosis?

dh.jpg

Enlightened people don't have attachments, so they don't feel grief. The people who think enlightened people suffer have a different definition of enlightenment, one that is easier to attain. Maybe they had an awakening, and then they want to believe that it is the same thing that all enlightened masters from the past experienced.

When someone close to us dies, we can still see them in the oneness everywhere, and feel their presence.