Holygrail

How can you be self-aware if there is no self?

22 posts in this topic

Is self-awareness just our infinite self as opposed to our illusory finite self? 

Because self is not material or can be seen

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Awareness is aware of itself. Which is just to say, there is only one thing in existence, existence itself. Existence is self aware because it is absolute and needs no other to observe or know itself.

A chair is aware of itself simply by being a chair. It does not need anyone or anything observing it. Observation is an illusion.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A chair is aware of itself simply by being a chair. It does not need anyone or anything observing it. Observation is an illusion.

is there some way to understand this without having had a psychedelic experience? for me, what I call a 'chair' is nothing apart from perception/consciousness. when nobody observes it, then it is not a 'chair', is it? 

Edited by Petals

49 minutes ago, Petals said:

is there some way to understand this without having had a psychedelic experience?

Possible but unlikely.

You'd have to access an absolute state of consciousness to understand it.

for me, what I call a 'chair' is nothing apart from perception/consciousness. when nobody observes it, then it is not a 'chair', is it? 

Key words there are "for me". That me is unreal. The chair is never actually "for you". Every chair you've ever "seen" was absolute. Ego just stole possession of it and claimed it as "my experience". Chairs are not your experience, they are absolute being.

Perception does not happen. It's an illusion of the ego-mind relabeling absolute truth as "my experience".

If you remove the human self, a chair is just absolutely a chair. Without you! Even as "you look at it."

Every chair you've "seen" was actually observed by nobody.

It's a mindfuck ;). See, you assume ego is real, but it is not. This one assumption completely distorts your understanding.

YOu are the chair as much as you are body.Can put it that way too.

50 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

If it's not in "my" bubble of consciousness,it doesn't exist? That's where it gets confusing. Everything "I"see is me,I've experienced that,but what about what "I" don't see? I may have misunderstood but my interpretation of what Leo said,is they exist as infinite possibilities until there's an observer and at that moment they perceive each other because they're the same and in our reality objects can't perceive themselves. What does that mean exactly? Is it the sponge analogy or not? Is God singular or having multiple experience at once or does it just seem like it's having multiple experiences at once because God exists outside of space and time and can come back and experience from any perspective it wants? Ive been seeing like I was the Cosmic sponge that goes on forever and all the puppets and things are all just like video game projections that I'm creating and their egos are just the AI program set to create drama. Imagine if everyone was aware of their true nature. Might be cool but it might be boring too. No drama

Edited by Adrian325

Before there was a chair there was the potential for a chair. You made the chair a chair.

2 minutes ago, cetus said:

Before there was a chair there was the potential for a chair. You made the chair a chair.

Everything just is. No labels,no projections. Is that what you mean?

Imagine if we spoke in absolutes all the time. Speaking non dually in the dream of duality haha confusing as fuck.

Edited by Adrian325

1 hour ago, Zeroguy said:

If imagining a body why not imagine a chair for it to sit in.

43 minutes ago, cetus said:

If imagining a body why not imagine a chair for it to sit in.

Love you .I know.Wish you well.

1 hour ago, Adrian325 said:

but what about what "I" don't see?

Where are the things that you don't dream at night?

If it is not in the "field of vision"... then it doesn't exist at that moment

When the "field of vision" is moved, and other things are expected to be seen, then they exist.

Edited by GoobyBooby

The ego cannot possibly have the quality of awareness.

One finite object cannot be aware of another finite object.

The only possible thing that can be aware is Pure Nothingness/Infinity.

Just like how a movie can only be cast to a blank screen. If there is already an image on the screen before the movie is projected...the movie would be ruined.

In the same way, the only "thing" that can be aware is the Thing-less. That which is beyond things.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

17 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Is self-awareness just our infinite self as opposed to our illusory finite self? 

Self-awareness is imaginary, illusory

Investigate if there is a real self

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:10 PM, Holygrail said:

If the finite selves are illusory....

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Nothing exists unless it’s in the field of vision or sound or touch.

You’re not receiving input from a physical world and interpreting it in your brain.

Rather, you are creating or imagining everything around you.

You are a transdimensional singular being that is dreaming up the entire universe.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:10 PM, Holygrail said:

Depends on what you mean by those. Self awareness or self consciousness (or perhaps personal awareness) is what animals and babies lack. Children and adults have it, but when children or adults (more likely adults) lose it, that’s enlightenment. It’s Infinity’s gift to itself.

If by awareness you mean the absolute? Then here’s how I’d explain it: if everyone’s non-objective (non-personal) awareness is what they are at their core (which can be confirmed directly), and there’s no distance between awareness and the objects it’s aware of (if there were distance, that would just be another object, so there’s obviously no distance between the object “distance” and awareness)... then there’s no separation between what appears. And if what appears is all there is, then there is no separation.

Edited by The0Self