Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twoosees

Dealing with anxiety of death

3 posts in this topic

From time to time, especially when I try break away from media stimulation and the chores of the day

I get this thought of death washes over me, to the point it feels as if it's quite scary because I think of it as no sense of anything forever. It cripples me.. 

It reoccurs from time to time each year, more so because I've been in quite numerous near death experiences going to the hospital catching covid and seeing a therapist for unresolved trauma

How do you deal with the totality or however you make meaning of death

It is important to investigate that feeling when it comes on, sit with it for awhile. Some people meditate on their own death as a daily practice, makes one appreciate life more. 

Dealing with the fear of death is a really important piece of the puzzle to being happy with just the present moment.

No sense of anything isn't scary, that would be something. If there really was nothing there would be no one to be afraid of anything. Really there isn't nothing, Nothing is Infinite Conciousness that is imagining & being the World. 

Ultimately the way to deal with it is by realizing who you really are, the Eternal Deathless One. You can deal with in on a more basic level by meditating on your own death like the stoics do. Also acceptance of the impermanent nature of reality is a big step, and something that deepens the more you ponder it. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

The more you give power to your thoughts, the more powerful your thoughts become. Don't give power to thoughts of fear and anxiety. Watch them come and go. Just observe these thoughts. 

Also relish the present moment. The fear of death should only make life more meaningful and precious. Cherish the preciousness of the present moment. Think that living is more important than dying and we're here to live as much as we can and as long as time allows us. 

When you think "no sense anything," then realise that precisely for the same reason we must value everything we have in this life because it won't be forever so enjoy and be grateful for it while it lasts. 

Keep your mind free and your heart engaged in things that you like to do 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.