Thought Art

Adeptus makes a good point (reality isn't an illusion)

124 posts in this topic

It doesn't matter in the sense that whatever concept of Truth you place on top of reality has no real effect.... now granted it seems to, but ultimately that perspective experience is illusory.

This is exactly why it's called Awakening.

It simply cannot be grasped from the dualistic paradigm.... you will just keep spinning in circles.

The first illusion of being a separate individual that can one day find the truth has to be seen through.

So in essence the first misunderstanding leads to infinite misunderstandings on the journey..... which also doesn't matter at all.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Cuz you are imagining he is real silly ?

That's what I said.. Imaginarily real. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

I personally resonate with what Deepak is saying and I do wish that Adeptus would:

1. Be more kind and compassionate to people who have different views than him in general

2. Be more humble and open minded toward him and to see what he is really saying before he says what he is saying is bullshit.

I also think adeptus makes good points within his own logical and rational understanding of things. 

I think that it is true that there is no reality. What you call 'reality' is completely relative to the 'state' or 'manifestation' you are in.That it is completely relative and that depending on the way reality is dreaming at the time it is dream that is what is relatively true. What Adeptus calls reality, just regular old dumb reality is an illusion, and the models he has of reality are illusion too. So it's relative illusion nested in relative illusion. 

Everything is COMPLETELY relative even time. There is no reality. Just the reality that is. compared to nothing. Who can reality turn to to ask if it is reality? Nothing.  Just this awareness here.

Even amongst humans the way reality is seen is relative which is why him using the definition of reality in the way he does lacks any absolute meaning to me. Because we all have different epistemology and experiential understanding of reality. 

I personally think (though I love Rob as a fellow human) that he is arrogant to think that he understands more than other people and feels the need to shit on people. I have nothing against him grounding himself in rational, materialism out of fear of losing his mind from psychedelics.

Personally, I am humbled by everything I am learning about reality. I am open minded and I see relative truth in both his and Deepaks views. 

I think the case that reality is an illusion is just way to strong when you go deep enough to ignore it. But, to see that takes study, open minded and the ability to embrace radical paradox which Rob does not do.

I don't know if he is much of a reader? There is lots he can read about this stuff from lots of different experts.

Reality and truth require open mindedness and the ability to hold simultaneous seeming paradoxes.

But, that doesn't mean we shouldn't master our survival, or take our health seriously. 

I think Rob firmly grounds and identifies with his life, mind, body, and perspective on reality. Which is useful for selfish survival but not understanding the absolute nature of reality.

The ego I think can't fully grasp that it's a construct of infinite consciousness. 

Welcome to relativity, perspective and interpretation.

I am still forming my understanding of reality and will likely be humble for many years to come. We will see.

"The tao that can be spoken is not the eternal tao" 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

47 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Cuz you are imagining he is real silly ?

That's what I said. Imaginarily Real.  Really Imaginary. 

@Javfly33 really stubborn, or imaginarily stubborn? B|:P

Adeptus is woefully self-deceived. It's immediately obvious to anyone who's done the work.

It's Love.

6 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

because I'm a 'materialist/idealist'... I have no qualms about suggesting that reality is imaginary... and it's imaginarily real.

Yes of course... If Adeptus was anaesthetized beneath a cliff face and a giant boulder fell off the cliff onto his face, the thing called Adeptus would cease having experience of the world, even if nobody or animal was around who was aware of the boulder.

Adeptus is a dreamt up material character localized inside the material universe dream. When two material-dream things interact, things happen. In this case we mess with the finite form called Adeptus.

You would have thought that the guy might do the smallest amount of effort to establish they aren't mistaken and looked up the definition of 'illusion' but alas it appears they don't know it. The basic first step in the discourse was a misstep, they build the whole argument about 'illusion' around it meaning 'not real' when the definition is more accurately stated as 'not as it appears'. Rookie mistake.

After watching that video then bouncing around watching some others on other things I am exploring this video popped up on the sidebar in recommendations and I recognized Don from his Ted talk I watched years back and this video is a great discussion on the very subject. It takes a real scientific approach to addressing the meaning of when people say 'illusion'. Fascinating stuff for sure.

Not sure I agree with everything said here but definitely is something to contemplate and consider.

don't be mislead by this guy. He's confused. 

Best thing to do for me is to be open to all perspectives. But, do the work being grounded in truth instead of defending any pet theory.

◭"89"

Adeptus is doing psychidelics for 20 years while leo is doing it for 4 years .let that sink in.adeptus is more advanced than leo

19 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

Adeptus is doing psychidelics for 20 years while leo is doing it for 4 years .let that sink in.adeptus is more advanced than leo

Peak reductionism.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@asifarahim

And I have been fishing with a rod with no hook on it for 20 years, still haven't caught any fish though xD

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@OctagonOctopus good luck to u. My point is i have seen leo misleading a lot of people in a particular mega thread for so long that one of the member went outside this bubble and explained to us that we are doing it wrong.

Take leo with a pinch of salt

@asifarahim

You wanna elaborate? What's going wrong? How are people being mislead? 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

50 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

This is not necessarily true. They are very different types of people with different types of educations, experiences, epistomologies and amounts of free time raw hours put into contemplating this stuff. Leo is an intellectual and Rob is a self proclaimed average Joe.

"sorry i have not read any metaphysics and epistamology . i am speaking with a mastery lense"

My opinion is your lens lacks holism. You contradict yourself with that statement. I think at because you proclaim your ignorance of a wider understanding of reality (which is what we are really talking about)

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@OctagonOctopus no i do not mean he is doing it intentionaly with devilry intent. I mean he lead us with ignorance and like a blind leading the blind