Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlurryBoi

Shamanic Breathing while listening to a Podcast..?

8 posts in this topic

During the breathing part (30-60min), can i listen to a podcast (laying down) and still get the main benefits, or is it essential to be in a meditative state of mind ?

(I'm struggling with heavy existential fears during the breathing part. I know it's normal and i'm safe but it's really hard to be mindful and keep going, i'm suffering on the edge of giving up the whole time.) 

I wouldn't do that, you want to face what the breathing is bringing up. 

When you feel the emotions, fears, anxieties, locate where exactly you are feeling it in your body, start to consciously breath into it, relax it (You could use a visualization that helps you relax if you want, like ice melting, or anything you make up that you enjoy), and everything connected to the sensation. Then just observe it like you would any other sensation going by. 

Do this even with the sensation of wanting to give up. 

Also you might want to be doing something I usually call titration, which is where you feel the unpleasant sensation and then switch to noticing everything else going on in the environment you are in, then switch back to the sensation, occelating like this so that you don't overwhelm yourself. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

If you have trouble consider doing a guided live session. I know of one that happens online every saturday night.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@OctagonOctopus thank you this is really helpful, i realise my self-deception of trying to escape the very thing i'm trying to heal haha

I'll do each techniques, thanks again ?

@GeoLura Truthfully, i'm not after enlightenment. I'm doing this to heal childhood traumas

Stop distracting yourself. And do this properly. Focs.