caspex

Fear of the unkown = Fear of Infinity

5 posts in this topic

Fear of the unkown is from what I can see, is the strongest fear we have. But it's actually not the root. Infact, to me it feels like the fear of infinity itself. Which is the same as to say the fear of death. We fear death because we fear infinity. Infinity... Is terrifying. It feels like my chest is gonna implode on itself. 

Curious what you mean exactly by "Infinity"

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Give that fear a big hug and thank it for helping keep that body alive. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, Swarnim said:

We fear death because we fear infinity. Infinity... Is terrifying. It feels like my chest is gonna implode on itself. 

It's threatening to the finite self.  It's threatening to the illusion, and the illusion must remain at all costs :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Swarnim said:

Fear of the unkown is from what I can see, is the strongest fear we have. But it's actually not the root. Infact, to me it feels like the fear of infinity itself. Which is the same as to say the fear of death. We fear death because we fear infinity. Infinity... Is terrifying. It feels like my chest is gonna implode on itself. 

Yep ? 

Everyone is at the edge of death timelessly as what is — since consciousness downright refuses to, and cannot, enter it.