Someone here

Why people are arrogant and egotistical?

25 posts in this topic

Why people are so fucking arrogant they fly into the sky with their noes?..

Who do we think we are?

Why 90 % of people are so fucking arrogant, ignorant and delusional? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

For the same reason that they are insecure, mistaking the qualities of I Am for I am. Same source, many different manifestations in the moment. It's like white light is the Source that allows all colors to be, the colors reflect and absorb different wavelengths, so the object appears to be the source of the color. Light is the Source. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

For the same reason that they are insecure, mistaking the qualities of I Am for I am.

Insecurity is the opposite quality of arrogance. Imo.. There seems to be more justifications for being insecure as a human being than being arrogant.   What's the source of arrogance? Can't be the same source of insecurities. 

-Osho

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Maybe it's a little bit arrogant, ignorant, and delusional to believe that 90% of the people are arrogant, ignorant, and delusional.

Would you say so? :) 

4 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

Maybe it's a little bit arrogant, ignorant, and delusional to believe that 90% of the people are arrogant, ignorant, and delusional.

Would you say so? :) 

Myself included.  I don't claim to be free from these qualities.

The problem is I don't see enough justifications to be that way. I guess. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Insecurity is the opposite quality of arrogance. Imo.. There seems to be more justifications for being insecure as a human being than being arrogant.   What's the source of arrogance? Can't be the same source of insecurities. 

They are opposites, but in reality they aren't two separate things, creating one implies the other. If I have a blank sheet of paper and I draw a circle on it, I didn't just create a circle and the space within the circle, I created a circle and the area around the circle, the negative space of the circle. People act arrogant outwardly to cover over their own insecurities. Someone who sees weakness as being unacceptable will put on a strong façade. Someone who sees arrogance as unacceptable will put on a meek façade. They may truly believe themselves to be the façade. True Knowing and true Love are beyond these false walls, masks, outward action and appearance. This is true freedom. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Someone here judgments, blame, fear.... that's all due to identification yourself with 'I'-thinking. That's fine to suffer, but do you really want to suffer? 

You may watch @Nahm's video and DO what he points to:

No need for mental gymnastic, up to you though. Peace bro. ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

10 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Why are people so arrogant? 

Fucking morons I hate them all, like 90% of the world is so arrogant and stupid. Who do you think you are? You will be ashes in the soil. Goddamn morons. 

???

:D isn't it so? 

Yes or no? 

the point is why are we so full of ourselves? If we examine our being.. There is so much weakness and blind spots.. So much ignorance.. That I don't get.. . What's the hipe? 

Alright it's clearly clear that I was triggered from an asshole in uni today... 

But whatever lol 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

People act arrogant outwardly to cover over their own insecurities. Someone who sees weakness as being unacceptable will put on a strong façade. Someone who sees arrogance as unacceptable will put on a meek façade

How do you know? So basically everyone acts in an opposite way of his internal original personality (let's call it that). 

@allislove thanks man. Will check it out. 

@dflores321

Yeah just felt like getting it off my chest. 

-Osho

@Someone here What you resist persists. You don't know what dark is if you don't know what light is. A Republican defines a Democrat and vice versa. All knowing and identification is based on comparing and contrasting. 

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why people are so fucking arrogant they fly into the sky with their noes?.. 

I don't get it. A glass of water can kill you. If you swallowed in the worng way. That's how pathetic and weak you are. 

Sooner or later we will be food for bugs. Yep. That's all we will amount to. 

Who do we think we are?

Why are you talking to yourself?

Perhaps you are the most delusional :) <3 :D (im just teasing you, you know i love you).

Keep contemplating, keep questioning.
Never be satisfied with any answer
your deeply limited, finite, contracted
ego-brain-mind conjures up.
Every answer is falsehood,
every question is truth.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

So they don’t get hurt again. Which unfortunately is the creating of suffering, the defense of ‘the separate self’, as there aren’t actually arrogant, ignorant, egotistical or delusional people. 

@allislove

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@WaveInTheOcean love ya too. Perhaps I'm the delusional one. I don't claim to be free from these qualities. 

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

So they don’t get hurt again

There's some truth to that. 

-Osho

No need to get agitated, in fact it's something to be empathized with. They are just trying to find themselves in the best way they know how. As do you and me.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

What's the source of arrogance? Can't be the same source of insecurities. 

Why can't it be? I feel like it is the exact same source, namely being the problem the ego faces that it thinks it "lost what it once had" - absolute love and unity with what is true.
Trying to return to that state, our psyches use different, albeit futile, techniques. Insecurity could be seen as the tendency to guilt yourself for having lost something, thinking that you're actually not good enough, that you did wrong. Arrogance feels like a layer on top of that, an inflation which serves self-deception, so that we think we are actually more worthy than others, and we should get what we want. It's all rooted in creating boundaries and differences where none are. 

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

So they don’t get hurt again. Which unfortunately is the creating of suffering, the defense of ‘the separate self’, as there aren’t actually arrogant, ignorant, egotistical or delusional people. 

So it is to protect  'the known, the old'  ... in fear of ...  'the unknown, the new'  ...

In short: fear of death  --  fear of (missing out of) Love.

---

Someone here: I'd say the most delusional are those who say they aren't delusional. 

I'm delusional. I'm a human being, lol! :D 

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

31 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Why can't it be? I feel like it is the exact same source, namely being the problem the ego faces that it thinks it "lost what it once had" - absolute love and unity with what is true.
Trying to return to that state, our psyches use different, albeit futile, techniques. Insecurity could be seen as the tendency to guilt yourself for having lost something, thinking that you're actually not good enough, that you did wrong. Arrogance feels like a layer on top of that, an inflation which serves self-deception, so that we think we are actually more worthy than others, and we should get what we want. It's all rooted in creating boundaries and differences where none are. 

Bingo.

All negative emotions, i.e. shame, envy, anger, fear all stem from ignorance.

Ignorance leads to ego leads to fear leads to ... 'insert any negative emotion, arrogance, anger, envy, rascism, etc.'.

When it eventually dawns on you:

that the source of ignorance is Love,
that ego is God playing hide'n'seek with Itself out of pure Joy
that fear is Love
that the most unenlightened is the most Enlightened
and vice versa    
(yin-yang)   ...  

... you'll be floored.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

If you are triggerer by a 'moron' you are ignorant too..

Edited by Windappreciator

people feel separate, an individual entity that must fight to survive. that generates insecurity. will i be suitable? it causes you to compare yourself with others, and if you interpret you are under, you feel depressed, worse, in deep not suitable for survival. so the obvious reaction is to try to be above. How? There are many ways, including feeling more spiritually advanced.

the remedy: see that there is no better or worse, only the perfection of what is

Edited by Breakingthewall

This is absolutely false!

Arrogance does not exist at all. It's literally impossible.

The way you perceive it, though, is that since you're God, and God is the ultimate Judge, you judge others for expressing themselves as God.

In other words, people aren't really arrogant or egotistical. You're just too goddamn judgemental, because that's what God is at the deepest level (infinite imagination = infinite judgement lol). God just sits there and keeps judging himself all the time, unless he doesn't have enough time to do so (i.e. in case he has more important shit to do).

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)