Fearey

From Coral to Teal; A short tale about my personal journey

38 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Fearey said:

@Consept  There's very little information on the stages above Turquoise, but that doesn't mean there isn't a fair amount of people that has reached or that's centered at these stages.

When I talk about Coral and Teal, I'm mostly talking about the integral stages Indigo and Violet, as there's very little to no information about stages above Turquoise in the Spiral Dynamics model.

Like i said i might be wrong and looking at the descriptions of Indigo and Violet, its not impossible for someone to be at those stages, I dont know if youve experienced telepathy or something like that which is trait of Indigo or if you perceive light beings, which is a trait of Violet, id be interested and open to know though.

Numbers wise Wilbur estimated turquoise to be less than 0.1% of the population, i would say this is an overestimate but then if you look at how many might be higher than that it has to be minuscule and would include the most developed people in the history of humanity, which you may be of course but I automatically dont take that at face value, just because of how rare it would be.  

Everyone keeps talking about these low stages. I'm currently at Stage #FFCCF9

*irony off*

50 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Everyone keeps talking about these low stages. I'm currently at Stage #FFCCF9

*irony off*

You're still low compared to me. I've already passed all those 16,777,216 stages you're struggling with and started entering new hyper-dimensional stages that cannot even be spoken of.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Interesting reading, this topic. Generally I don’t pay much mind to human development models, as guides to the path I do not find them very helpful since often they just set out certain markers without much understanding of the evolutionary process itself. 

So a question for you @Fearey do you try to use the stages as a guide? How do you feel the integral model influences your progress?

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

Pleb tier shit

I'm already at stage infra-red, dipping my toes in shortwave radiation

@Fearey That does sound to me like you might end up, consciously or unconsciously, gaming the spiral dynamics stages. The way you have presented it in this post does sound like you’re quite caught up in them and the whole idea of progress through them, while in fact it’s just a set of definitions for a number of states of being that are only loosely related. Are you sure you’re not an Orange-style achiever at heart?

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You're still low compared to me. I've already passed all those 16,777,216 stages you're struggling with and started entering new hyper-dimensional stages that cannot even be spoken of.

whatever, look at this:

me {
stage: infinite;
}

@Fearey perhaps Gesundheit2’s suggestion of looking at the ego stages model might be good for you. In any case I wish you the best. 

On 01/07/2021 at 5:43 AM, Fearey said:

Hi guys. I'm Fearey and I've been a long time lurker of the forum. I started watching Leo back in 2012, and transitioned from being interested in self-help work, to consciousness work back in 2014. I've been following most of Leo's content up until 2019. I still watch some of his content from time to time. Few seem as dedicated to providing quality content and explaining it in a thorough manner as Leo. I'll always be grateful for that.

With regards to the post title and SD stages in general, I consider the process of trying to find the true nature of self (the process of self-transcendence) to start at SD stage Coral / integral stage Indigo. What follows, having transcended the self, being the entering into SD stage Teal / integral stage Violet. 

AQAL.jpg

Going through the later stages of Coral was a very depressive, painful experience for me personally. Dwelling into nihilism was commonplace. Not just simple depression, but an all-encompassing, existential dread. Feeling like you're slipping out of existence.

It was a weird thing to let go of assumptions and beliefs I had held about myself all throughout my life. Assumptions I had already accepted as fact long ago. What followed, however, was a powerful sensation of peace and belonging.

To explain my process of moving from Coral to Teal I'd tell you to imagine taking away all the parts of yourself that makes you you. Then witnessing the remaining emptiness/nothingness that's left as the self somehow becoming something more than what you had before.

Note: I'm entirely open to the possibility that my interpretation of SD/integral stages with regard to self transcendence could be flawed, or incorrect. I've been lurking the forums for some time and I'm well aware about the grudges held about people mentioning or claiming to be at stages past Turquoise, as there seems to be so little understanding of these stages, making such claims seem unfounded. I'm not coming from a place of bragging, I'm simply interested in sharing my own personal experience with like minded individuals.

Having experienced the completely altering shifts in being that comes from entering a state of obsessively trying to  solve the question of self, to the even bigger shift that comes as a result of actually being successful in it, finally transcending the self, leaves me quite certain that both of these represent stages of development past stage Turquoise on the spiral. I could be wrong, however.

To close, for any tier 2 individuals highly interested in consciousness work, I'd very much recommend The Book of Not Knowing and The Genius of Being. Both are books written by Peter Ralston and will take you on a journey down the deep end of self-realization. Both has helped me tremendously, and I consider them two of the most impactful books I've ever read.

Well I guess there's no real doubt that I'm at stage coral and above. That's purely based on the model presented here as its presented.

Given the quality of forum discussions I wasn't so sure just how interested people would be regarding higher levels of for lack of a better way of phrasing it, "integration points", however in light of this model I can make elaborations that would also provide a pathway for people to be like an informed tourist when it comes to the ability to walk closer towards this end point as well as have an understanding from a second-hand experiential point of view, so the actual aesthetics, of what it feels like at higher levels. I can do this incrementally within a journal.

It's seriously not a big deal by the way. These things are not "amazing", I'm not even an advocate of spiral dynamics I'm just looking at a set of patterns that may or may not be useful for everyone when it comes to navigating their awareness to higher levels. It's all just a natural part of progressing in anything, like learning the guitar or running on the treadmill, people are notorious for highlighting contrasts to the average though of course.

For anyone that believes themselves to be at this level I'd love to converse with you via private message (or questions/points here are fine as well) so that we can learn from one another. I seriously doubt it but hey, its possible. 

Peace out rebels without a cause.

Edited by ll Ontology ll

3 hours ago, ll Ontology ll said:

For anyone that believes themselves to be at this level I'd love to converse with you via private message (or questions/points here are fine as well) so that we can learn from one another. I seriously doubt it but hey, its possible. 

At which level?

I'm only like lower Turquoise or something, but Coral is only theoretical in SD.

Edited by thisintegrated

21 minutes ago, ll Ontology ll said:

@thisintegrated yeah they're all theoretical

Umm.. Coral is theoretical in a different way to the other stages.

The other stages were identified by observing patterns in the real world.  There have been no patterns for Coral.  Not even in edge-cases.

So your lumping them all together like that is questionable.

Edited by thisintegrated
a letter :)

13 minutes ago, ll Ontology ll said:

@thisintegrated yeah I said I am an example. I did stipulate that. This isn't a conversation yet, so let's not turn it into a primitive one. Thanks.

Jeez, dude, you literally decided that the moment you responded.  "Who wants to talk? Well I'm not talking to you, I'll only talk to other stage Corals. Stop bothering me now, thanks."

Yeah, you're not even Yellow with that kind of attitude, m8.  You realise even someone like Sadhguru isn't Coral?  Coral is Jesus/Buddha level, though it's actually likely beyond even those guys.  (Coral in terms of SD)

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, ll Ontology ll said:

you're just like another user on here who labelled one of my cult members as stage red when they're no where near stage red.

W-What?!

omg.. I can't believe you actually claimed to be tier 2.  You reek of dysfunctional Orange, with some roots in Red.  I'm done with this thread.

I don’t see any signs of real maturity here, from these supposedly highly developed humans. 

19 hours ago, Fearey said:

@Sine I don't know exactly what page I collected it from, but should be among the first image results on Google if you search for integral theory.

I guess I should've been more precise. By permanent state of peace and harmony, I mean not being attached, and with that, that most occurrences won't affect much at all. I still get into disagreements and arguments from time to time, like most others.

But how can you get into an argument, if you are not attached to either side? I don't doubt your experience at all and I myself find the spiral dynamics model very useful, also regarding personal development, so it's because I'm genuinely interested.