Anlib

According To Book, Radical Honesty

4 posts in this topic

I just read that the emotionall scards from childhood are most likely gonna sit, just don't be victimized by them. 

Is this really true? I mean ofc I will remember the things that has happend to me, but if I develop myself and raise my awareness and let the emotions out when I become conscious of it, will it still affekt me? :)

Childhood scars never cure? Where did you get that idea?

Edited by Extreme Z7

Blanton's perspective is limited. Just hold it in your mind as a perspective, rather than a representation of how things actually work. Be open to the possibility of everything he says being right or wrong.

I havent read the book but i think reading between the lines what he might be saying is, you have to accept the scars fully because avoiding them or fighting them only gives them more power. 

For example say a bad thought pops in your head about you getting beaten up as a child, if you avoid it and try and get rid of it, youre resisting. What causes your present pain is the resistance and fear of the thoughts, not really the thoughts themselves. So the content can remain but by facing it and detatching yourself from it, it no longer has the same power, you camt control your thoughts but can control your reaction.