Flim

Warm pulsating sensation inside head

6 posts in this topic

When I was meditating yesterday, I started to feel a pleasant pulsating sensation in my head that would come about every 10 seconds. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows what it is?

I experienced this sort of feeling 5 years ago, I thought it was secretion from the pineal gland. I was highly sensitive that day, I remember. Not practicing meditation then yet but i was in deep conversation through a chat room talking about spirituality and philosophy.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I thought it was secretion from the pineal gland

Interesting. I was deep in my meditation when it started happening. My whole body felt floaty and I could feel the boundary that seperates my body from the space around me start to fizzle out as if my sensations had no end. I don't really know how to describe it well, but it was like every tingle in my body wasn't confined to my body, it kind of became the room around me..

@Flim Auric field expansion, perhaps...

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Flim  Often when meditating, you just feel weird sensations throughout your body.  It doesn't mean anything, they're just subtle perceptions which you wouldn't otherwise notice if you weren't sitting there meditating.  Don't get caught up in them, don't ascribe meaning to them.  Anything you 'think' it might be is just a thought anyway.

Also it's such a predictable meme at this point to mention bodily sensations on a spiritual forum and get answers like "oh yeah bro that's just your third eye opening/kundalini energy awakening it's totally normal you're ascending now".  Not everything is a mystical experience, if you think that way about everything you're gonna lose touch with reality.

Edited by kinesin

Often when meditating, you just feel weird sensations throughout your body.  It doesn't mean anything, they're just subtle perceptions which you wouldn't otherwise notice if you weren't sitting there meditating.  Don't get caught up in them, don't ascribe meaning to them.  Anything you 'think' it might be is just a thought anyway.

Thanks!