Jacobsrw

Ideas for Translating Abstract Concepts Through Art

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Been a while since posting, but thought this may have been appropriate. I’m currently working on my craft as an artist in fine art hand drawings. Over the years I’ve taken my artistic knack for granted and now aiming to capitalise on it with regular practice.

I create mainly realising pieces with either colour pencil or pen. Most of my work is high detail and of recent consists of abstract concepts or multi layered  ideas attempting to convey a deeper message.

Although I’ve managed to complete a few designs over the years that fit this criteria, I’m lacking the ability to come up with continuous ideas. Often I come up with ideas randomly through reflection or source ideas from other work. However, of recent I’ve just not resonated with most of the ideas I’ve come up with. 

I’d love to hear some of other peoples cool ideas that could be created in relation to spirituality, psychology, philosophy and life itself. For those with some intriguing creative input please do fire away!

Some of my previous work along these lines is below.

4CBFF140-5C4A-4D4B-8E15-99DD98B657E1.jpeg

4793230E-5C7C-41BD-8947-924B0F4B3DBA.jpeg

Really cool stuff, I instantly noticed the water throughout all the pieces. You do that really, really well. 
It reminded me of a few things that might integrate.

The Tao te Ching makes a reference to water that could perhaps be depicted in some multi-layered art piece(s). i.e. you could have water flowing through different expressions of consciousness interconnecting them all into a larger whole, or something like that.

https://nearingthewhitelight.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/the-analogy-of-water-in-tao-te-ching/

IMG_9315.jpg

Maybe something like the in shadow video which begins in 'the low places that people disdain' up to a higher consciousness with psychedelic implications, always a classic:

or maybe some kind of equivalent tree of life type structure with the roots taking residence in lowly places of the human condition up to higher states of consciousness ... something like Alex greys 'Gaia' comes to mind:

Alex_Grey_Gaia-1.jpg

Android Jones does amazing multilayered digital artworks, like this one which seems to be a blending of masculine and feminine into a kiss:

1 hour ago, MuadDib said:

Really cool stuff, I instantly noticed the water throughout all the pieces. You do that really, really well. 
It reminded me of a few things that might integrate.

The Tao te Ching makes a reference to water that could perhaps be depicted in some multi-layered art piece(s). i.e. you could have water flowing through different expressions of consciousness interconnecting them all into a larger whole, or something like that.

https://nearingthewhitelight.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/the-analogy-of-water-in-tao-te-ching/

IMG_9315.jpg

Maybe something like the in shadow video which begins in 'the low places that people disdain' up to a higher consciousness with psychedelic implications, always a classic:

or maybe some kind of equivalent tree of life type structure with the roots taking residence in lowly places of the human condition up to higher states of consciousness ... something like Alex greys 'Gaia' comes to mind:

Alex_Grey_Gaia-1.jpg

Android Jones does amazing multilayered digital artworks, like this one which seems to be a blending of masculine and feminine into a kiss:

These are very cool ideas!

I was thinking that too. Capitalising on water, since water is a medium I am extremely fond of in a artistic and symbolic/philosophical aspect. I love the Toa Te Ching, such great wisdom. That’s a good idea and very fitting as a means of inspiration.

Alex Grey has a lot of psychedelic influenced art. It’s extremely intricate and breath taking. The piece you posted above is amazing. I think conveying deep topics in an understandable but subliminal fashion is the challenge of any artist. He does well here. I’m still learning to do this I feel haha

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 7/6/2021 at 4:10 AM, MuadDib said:

Something like Alex greys 'Gaia' comes to mind:

Alex_Grey_Gaia-1.jpg

This is such a beautiful painting do you know any more artists that have this similar style?

These are beautiful man, have you ever considered becoming a tattoo artist? I mean seriously you already have the skill. You could still do personal pieces but in the meantime provide people beautiful art for their body. You could use that money to live off of or to invest back into your craft.

either way amazing art man!

On 03/09/2021 at 8:02 AM, UNZARI said:

These are beautiful man, have you ever considered becoming a tattoo artist? I mean seriously you already have the skill. You could still do personal pieces but in the meantime provide people beautiful art for their body. You could use that money to live off of or to invest back into your craft.

either way amazing art man!

Hey man,

Thank you for looking and your feedback! Haha its funny you say that I am actually tattooist, well ex tattooist, having a break at the moment. You can check my tattoo work Instagram @jacob_ryan_sr. It’s a very interesting career pathway, one I found not to be extremely congruent to my needs. I loved working in the field but taking a slightly different route now.

Check out Vladimir Kush. His who art style is based on metaphor.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 06/09/2021 at 5:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

Check out Vladimir Kush. His who art style is based on metaphor.

Amazing! Just checked out his work, extremely breath taking and profound. Attached some of them below. Cheers Leo :D

1A5E26AC-F741-44B8-A034-9F4A1610B87F.jpeg

0B4FDE03-1C89-4117-A716-71C1183BB7C3.jpeg

5A547F18-77B6-4DC5-BBE2-CE45EEF630FF.jpeg

94E611D8-4976-430C-A493-423467090978.jpeg

D6602955-C2E7-4104-A4E6-A296C47C9DB7.jpeg

79C8C1A7-2A83-4E27-B0A6-A3C9AABF98CF.jpeg