playdoh

Community (green) housing. Should I have tried to kiss this girl?

6 posts in this topic

Need y’all’s conscious folks advice, please! 

I recently moved to a community housing. One of the girls came into my room but she is hooking up with someone else here, should I have tried to kiss her?

She can into my room because I was going to do some reiki on her. After the reiki we were on my bed and she was staring into my eyes. Honestly though I didn’t feel any romantic feelings at that moment and I don’t know if she did either. I think she’s pretty and I’ve wanted to kiss her before but was feeling a little blocked at that time. 

What do you reckon? Should I have tried to kiss her? Could this have started a problem with my new house mate? Maybe it’s not even worth attempting until they’re done hooking up or until she clearly gives me a sign? They meet at about the same time I meet her. He seems to like her and her him but I’m not sure. It’s a very hippie housing type situation FYI. 

P.S. I don’t have any proof that they hooked up but they cuddle in public so it seems pretty obvious if I had to guess 

Communication communication communication communication communication.

Master it.

Talk to them both. Find out where they stand.talk talk talk. Be authentic, be clear, be deliberate, be okay with being vulnerable and asking vulnerable questions. 

Communication is key in ALL aspects of life & relationships with ALL kinds of people in our lives. And we can ALWAYS improve it.

Good communication is an art form. Takes a life time to master ??

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

6 hours ago, playdoh said:

Need y’all’s conscious folks advice, please! 

I recently moved to a community housing. One of the girls came into my room but she is hooking up with someone else here, should I have tried to kiss her?

She can into my room because I was going to do some reiki on her. After the reiki we were on my bed and she was staring into my eyes. Honestly though I didn’t feel any romantic feelings at that moment and I don’t know if she did either. I think she’s pretty and I’ve wanted to kiss her before but was feeling a little blocked at that time. 

What do you reckon? Should I have tried to kiss her? Could this have started a problem with my new house mate? Maybe it’s not even worth attempting until they’re done hooking up or until she clearly gives me a sign? They meet at about the same time I meet her. He seems to like her and her him but I’m not sure. It’s a very hippie housing type situation FYI. 

P.S. I don’t have any proof that they hooked up but they cuddle in public so it seems pretty obvious if I had to guess 

Beginner perspective: Yes you should have kissed her.

You were not feeling it in that moment, so you should have kissed her anyway and watched it become awkward, either immediately or down the line, so that you learn the lesson to only do things when it feels right.

Advanced perspective: No you should not have kissed her. Only do these things in moments when it feels right.

That does not mean that you take a passive stance. You can take action to clear out the obstacles that are in the way of you feeling right about it. One of the obstacles could be the fear of creating conflict with your housemate. @WaveInTheOcean's advice applies here. Find out what you need to know, to be able to feel into it with clarity.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

11 hours ago, flowboy said:

Beginner perspective: Yes you should have kissed her.

You were not feeling it in that moment, so you should have kissed her anyway and watched it become awkward, either immediately or down the line, so that you learn the lesson to only do things when it feels right.

Advanced perspective: No you should not have kissed her. Only do these things in moments when it feels right.

That does not mean that you take a passive stance. You can take action to clear out the obstacles that are in the way of you feeling right about it. One of the obstacles could be the fear of creating conflict with your housemate. @WaveInTheOcean's advice applies here. Find out what you need to know, to be able to feel into it with clarity.

How to take an active approach on life? I feel after starting my awakening journey I’ve become so passive. Especially after reading The Power of Now. I feel like I try not to analyze anything and just feel it all. Has done wonders in many ways but has made me very passive about life. It’s hard for me to use my mind now. Especially for problem solving. I feel like my cognition has declined. I’ve lessened my meditation practice don’t know what else I can do. I’m here living in this community and everyone is living doing things. Everyone has a business going except for me. It’s hard enough for me to organize my room or decide what I want for breakfast and the actual preparation of it is a challenge for me in all honesty. 

8 hours ago, playdoh said:

How to take an active approach on life? I feel after starting my awakening journey I’ve become so passive. Especially after reading The Power of Now. I feel like I try not to analyze anything and just feel it all. Has done wonders in many ways but has made me very passive about life. It’s hard for me to use my mind now. Especially for problem solving. I feel like my cognition has declined. I’ve lessened my meditation practice don’t know what else I can do. I’m here living in this community and everyone is living doing things. Everyone has a business going except for me. It’s hard enough for me to organize my room or decide what I want for breakfast and the actual preparation of it is a challenge for me in all honesty. 

That's worth making a separate topic.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/