Adam M

Is it easier for men to move into stage yellow?

6 posts in this topic

I'm a pretty analytically minded guy and I find the movement into Stage Yellow to be very natural stage. I've always been good at holding multiple perspectives at once and understanding systems.

Do you think that it's easier for logically minded people to move out of Green and into Yellow? 

My girlfriend is very solid Green and has been for a while and is starting to move into Stage Yellow. However, she doesn't really like to read too many books and I can't see her becoming interested in a lot of the more heady topics that Stage Yellow ppl are typically interested in.

How do you think Stage Yellow manifests itself in more feminine and emotionally minded women? I doubt that they will be reading books about The Structure of Scientific Revolutions...

How can you tell that a more feminine and emotional woman has entered Stage Yellow?

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

"Women are more emotional than men" is not a Stage Yellow statement. 

That is a Stage Blue statement.

Edited by Brittany

@Brittany  Compare these -

"Women are more emotional than men"

"Women are more emotionally attuned than men"

I believe women are, on average, more likely than men to pick up on the emotional difference between those statements, whereas a lot of men would just say they're communicating the same point and that any emotional connotations are in the reader's head.

Regardless of who is what, being either emotionally or logically "impaired", both present an obstacle for 2nd tier transition.

A requirement for that transition to happen is having a certain progression over most or all of the developmental lines, and reaching a certain point is a prerequisite for continued growth, dealing with shadow aspects collected in the past. If some have it easier with some aspects and struggle with others, or vice-versa, the other aspect is still hard.

Logic alone don't make 2nd tier, eg. super high IQ makes no guarantees, probably makes it harder as the emotional intelligences are usually lower with extreme high logically gifted people. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Let's put it like this,

It easier for men to be stuck in orange and easier for women to move into green.

@Eph75 Yes, thanks for this answer. Growth in all lines in required. However, Ken Wilber does mention in the Religion of Tomorrow that the cognitive line is usually a prerequisite for moving fully into a stage. Although the cognitive line alone is not sufficient for total embodiment.

On 29/06/2021 at 7:03 PM, Brittany said:

"Women are more emotional than men" is not a Stage Yellow statement. 

That is a Stage Blue statement.

As a general trend. The male brain prefers to work with complex and logical systems with many moving parts.

While the female brain prefers to create emotionally driven stories, narratives, and is much better at relating to other people and being compassionate.

These are just trends. There are many exceptions to this trend.

Realizing the asymmetries between men and women allows for more nuanced analysis of life and reality. Compared to just saying that "everyone is equally good at everything."

A stage blue statement would be.

"Men are obviously more logical and competent than women are. That's why women are the inferior gender and are second-class citizens."

I didn't say that.

Men and women have equal value... but evolution has created asymmetries in their strengths and weaknesses. 

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<