Denys

Do psychedelics affect enlightened people?

28 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

5-MeO has a pretty high body load. It is insanely intoxicating. Most people cannot even imagine this level of intoxication.

Why do you even take this shit then... oh... Okay, this is a rhetorical question. 

But Leo, 5-MeO is fucking strong. What about mushrooms or LSD? How come it sometimes doesn't have affect? Does it affect you at this point?

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

5-MeO has a pretty high body load.

What is it like compared to something like alcohol, which can be very intense, but also kind of long lasting. I mean a hang over can basically fuck you up for an entire day.

So is 5-MeO more of a short lived, but way more intense thing, or does it have any long lasting effects like a hangover?

beep boop

1 hour ago, Denys said:

Why do you even take this shit then... oh... Okay, this is a rhetorical question.

It's the best feeling in the world. Better than heroin for me.

1 hour ago, Denys said:

But Leo, 5-MeO is fucking strong. What about mushrooms or LSD? How come it sometimes doesn't have affect? Does it affect you at this point?

Everything affects me even more. I am crazy sensitive to all psychedelics.

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What is it like compared to something like alcohol, which can be very intense, but also kind of long lasting. I mean a hang over can basically fuck you up for an entire day.

So is 5-MeO more of a short lived, but way more intense thing, or does it have any long lasting effects like a hangover?

It's very short-lived with very little after-effects. After 2 hrs I am almost competely back in the materialist dream state. But with monstrous insight and understanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the best feeling in the world. Better than heroin for me.

This means that you've tried it? If so, I'd love to hear a trip report from a spiritual perspective.

I've witnessed heroin use in my personal life, but that was a case of addiction, not consciousness exploration.

On 29.6.2021 at 11:32 AM, allislove said:

Enlightened people are not enlightened. States of consciousness are stateless. That's the best explanation :))

Imagine, you are the ocean. Ocean forgets yourself and identify yourself with a fish inside yourself. Fish can experience different states of ocean: very disturbing ocean, calm ocean, dangerous ocean, romantic ocean, etc. To describe the ocean there should be a fish, otherwise ocean is just an ocean. There is a special bay inside of the ocean called "psilocybin" bay. So, fish goes there and from the perspective of the fish this is a very different kind of ocean. But for the ocean, it's always just an ocean. The easiest way for the ocean to recognize itself is to give up searching for it. But if it feels like to go to "psilocybin" bay - feel free. This is your place, enjoy!

Top tier post.

22 hours ago, Nahm said:

Psychedelics are somewhat analogous to sodium pentothal (‘truth serum’), which is also sometimes used to treat phobias. Someone used to experiencing through a lens of belief, specifically separate self thought patterns which induce fear / discord, experiences truth / alignment / relief of conscience. Someone already without said patterns would experience little to no dissonance, while someone experiencing these patterns might experience confusion resulting in inflation or over embellishing the truth experienced relative to the patterns. Then of course with psychedelics infinity just takes the ‘someone’ factor out of the picture.

What if someone took sodium penthothal and was asked if there are enlightened people? 

Would be similar to….

What if someone took a psychedelic and was asked to explain the truth? 

Top tier post

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@Denys Of course, they do as all other psychoactive substances do

It's possible that certain chemical doesn't affect someone but it has nothing to do with enlightenment. I have a friend who is almost completely immune to 5-MeO, he is not enlightened neither cares about it at all

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

This means that you've tried it?

I have not. But it is hard for me to imagine a pleasure higher than Infinity.

I have experienced suicidal levels of pleasure. It cannot get better than that. The highest pleasure is not physical, it is metaphysical.

The human mind cannot handle such levels of pleasure. It's not just pleasure, it's spiritual ecstasy, it's Absolute Love. There is nothing higher.

But that's still not why I do it. I do it purely for self-understanding.

The highest ecstasy is just a byproduct of pure infinite understanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.