Denys

Do psychedelics affect enlightened people?

28 posts in this topic

The thing is I know 2 enlightened masters (turquoise level of spiral dynamic + causal and non-dual states). One of them tried psilocybin mushrooms 2 times and they didn't affect him at all. Another one said that LSD didn't affect him. 

I have no more information (about doses, etc). They explain it by saying they already have the same state of consciousness the LSD and mushrooms can give. Is there a better explanation? 

Edited by Denys

3 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

Your life is a trip. Have you done psychedelics?

Yes I've done mushrooms for 6-7 times.

Enlightened people are not enlightened. States of consciousness are stateless. That's the best explanation :))

Imagine, you are the ocean. Ocean forgets yourself and identify yourself with a fish inside yourself. Fish can experience different states of ocean: very disturbing ocean, calm ocean, dangerous ocean, romantic ocean, etc. To describe the ocean there should be a fish, otherwise ocean is just an ocean. There is a special bay inside of the ocean called "psilocybin" bay. So, fish goes there and from the perspective of the fish this is a very different kind of ocean. But for the ocean, it's always just an ocean. The easiest way for the ocean to recognize itself is to give up searching for it. But if it feels like to go to "psilocybin" bay - feel free. This is your place, enjoy!

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Denys  I've encountered this idea that psychedelics don't have any effect on 'enlightened' people a few times online in recent years, but I can't see how it could possibly be true.  If an enlightened person eats spicy food, do they sweat?  If they're injected with an anaesthetic, will they pass out?  Being enlightened doesn't mean that suddenly the molecular functions of your body don't do anything anymore, so I find it practically impossible to believe these compounds would have no effect on them whatsoever.  Also the suggestion that enlightened state of consciousness 'the same' as an LSD trip is frankly absurd.  If they're constantly seeing the walls breathing, colours shifting, textures repeating etc during their normal day to day state of consciousness then they're more likely to have schizophrenia than to be enlightened.

Are they microdosing daily, by any chance?  It could be the case that they simply have tolerance buildup.

Alternatively, they could be regular non-enlightened people who have read that enlightened people aren't affected by psychedelics, and they could be lying about not feeling any subjective effects in order to preserve their spiritual ego.

Edited by kinesin

This is all I could find. I remember, though, in the same talk, he spoke of his experience with LSD. From what I can remember he said something like "everything became loud, like the world was shouting." You can probably locate it on the full length version.

I've seen 5-MeO-DMT just floor an enlightened person to the point of projectile vomitting.

I've also seen DMT not really affect a different enlightened person.

The moral of the story is: people react very differently to psychedelics, so a small sample size tells you nothing.

You must be extremely careful drawing wide conclusions from single cases.

It's also obvious that many of the most enlightened people simply have unique and radically different nervous systems than normies. So using such people as gauges can be deeply misleading because that is probably not applicable to you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

enlightened person.

:D

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Mankind is a bullshitting animal. 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've seen 5-MeO-DMT just floor an enlightened person to the point of projectile vomitting.

The moral of the story is: people reactive very differently to psychedelics, so a small sample size tells you nothing.

You must be extremely careful drawning wide conclusions from single cases.

Rupert Spira ?

1 hour ago, kinesin said:

@Denys  I've encountered this idea that psychedelics don't have any effect on 'enlightened' people a few times online in recent years, but I can't see how it could possibly be true.  If an enlightened person eats spicy food, do they sweat?  If they're injected with an anaesthetic, will they pass out? 

Imagine that taking psychedelics is like lifting weights. Once you have built up a lot of muscles, you can lift with ease something that other people struggle to lift. Their state might drastically change in their attempts to lift it: they might turn red, start to sweat, breathe rapidly and feel aches and pains, meamwhile you remain basically at baseline physiology while lifting the same weight.

2 hours ago, kinesin said:

Being enlightened doesn't mean that suddenly the molecular functions of your body don't do anything anymore, so I find it practically impossible to believe these compounds would have no effect on them whatsoever.  Also the suggestion that enlightened state of consciousness 'the same' as an LSD trip is frankly absurd.

You don't actually know the extent of which that is true. The psychedelic experience is of course not the same as an enlightenment experience for an unenlightened person, but if we assume that the brain is responsible for producing different behavior, it's obvious that the enlightened brain works very differently than the normal brain, so why can't their reaction to psychedelics be different as well?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yes, post-collapse of unfalsifiable belief-identification structure, psychedelics still boost consciousness. Enlightenment is the un-altered state — tangential to states.

Psychedelics are somewhat analogous to sodium pentothal (‘truth serum’), which is also sometimes used to treat phobias. Someone used to experiencing through a lens of belief, specifically separate self thought patterns which induce fear / discord, experiences truth / alignment / relief of conscience. Someone already without said patterns would experience little to no dissonance, while someone experiencing these patterns might experience confusion resulting in inflation or over embellishing the truth experienced relative to the patterns. Then of course with psychedelics infinity just takes the ‘someone’ factor out of the picture.

What if someone took sodium penthothal and was asked if there are enlightened people? 

Would be similar to….

What if someone took a psychedelic and was asked to explain the truth? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Leo, guys, thanks a lot for answering. I think I got the main idea. 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The moral of the story is: people react very differently to psychedelics, so a small sample size tells you nothing.

It's also obvious that many of the most enlightened people simply have unique and radically different nervous systems than normies. So using such people as gauges can be deeply misleading because that is probably not applicable to you.

@Leo Gura Is there any hope for normies if essentially, in the marathon to enlightenment, we are running with beings who are athletically gifted and also use steroids xD

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I am curious to know if a yogi could take a massive dose of 5 meo and stay sober

5 hours ago, Twega said:

@Leo Gura Is there any hope for normies if essentially, in the marathon to enlightenment, we are running with beings who are athletically gifted and also use steroids xD

There is basically no hope for normies. Absolute Truth is not normie-friendly.

22 minutes ago, knakoo said:

I am curious to know if a yogi could take a massive dose of 5 meo and stay sober

Not likely.

5-MeO has a pretty high body load. It is insanely intoxicating. Most people cannot even imagine this level of intoxication.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you mentioned different nervous systems, could this tie in with different energy levels of the chakras?

I don't think it has to do with being enlightened or not, but what procces did u choose to arrive to that point. I believe very advanced yogis will have no problems with psychedelics because they are used to this alterate states of conciousness and they actually do it without the need of any external substances.

Others may experience whatever, yet it's just a wave in the ocean, in the sense that is another experience. So they can be surprised or chill, amazed or play with the experience, yet that does not proove anything in the sense that it is their unique reaction. It is understood that the light of his lamp can never turn off, no matter what experience they go in or whatever state they experience, the ocean raging the ocean calm, they rest as the ocean their true nature, they enjoy stillness, they enjoy big storms.