Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Thoughts created Reality ?

14 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, after smoking a joint, I travelled in my armchair accompanied by music (Camel, Porcupine Tree).

I had a moment where I realized that if there were no thoughts, there would be no reality or "me".
It is literally our thoughts that create and have created our reality, some of which are held more collectively and feel more real and materialize. Like the creation of countries for example, or science.

I also realized that I was the music. And that if I were separated from the music then it would be impossible to experience it (hear it, feel it). So I must be the music if there can be no separations.

I tried to see that I was more than the music, ALL of it, and I couldn't realize that as if it was too hard to see.
I wondered afterwards who the thinker was. The thoughts come, they don't seem to belong to me. But what makes them feel like they belong to me is the fact that I am attached to them or believe them.

But who is the thinker, how can the thought exist? Thought = consciousness?
Is reality only thoughts? If there were no thoughts created, how could reality exist since there would be no perceiver?
For there to be a perceiver, it must think. If he doesn't think, he doesn't exist anymore, he is not.

What is the consciousness, why and how it exists?

There are many things I can't understand.

That's a more profound realization than you might... well, realize. There's a concept in Castaneda's books called "stopping the world", the implication being that your thoughts are the only force that keeps the world going.

"We talk to ourselves incessantly
about our world.  In fact we maintain our
world with our internal talk.  And whenever
we finish talking to ourselves about
ourselves and our world, the world is
always as it should be.  We renew it, we
rekindle it with life, we uphold it with our
internal talk.  Not only that, but we also
choose our paths as we talk to ourselves.
Thus we repeat the same choices over
and over until the day we die, because we
keep on repeating the same internal talk
over and over until the day we die.  A warrior
is aware of this and strives to stop
his internal talk."

-from "A Separate Reality"

4 hours ago, Gabith said:

I also realized that I was the music.

tenor.gif

“If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?”

That old joke remains quite mysterious, until the flaw in the proposition is recognized. The setup implies there are two; the hearer, and the tree which makes the sound. No hearer, no sound experience… no tree falling, no sound experience. 

What if you didn’t believe you’re a hearer, any more or less than you believe you’re a tree?  The punchline, nonduality, suggests there are not two, such as a thinker of thoughts, a perceiver of perceived, a creator of creation, a hearer of sound, or someone doing something, or anyone doing anything really. 

If you & I wanna have a party, we gotta rent a place, hire a band, book Gallagher, hang the disco balls, paint ourselves, establish wingman-ship, order the kegs and strippers, etc, etc. You know how it is. But when Not A Thing wants to have a party, it just be’s the whole party… and sometimes mid-party it’s all ‘is there really this “No Thing” or not? That’s a helluva party if you think about it. Or is it if you don’t? Dunno. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Gabith said:

I've heard it referred to as dancing emptiness, boundless energy, nothing and everything, absolute infinity.

But it can't really be named or understood. It is beyond understandability. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Gabith said:

I had a moment where I realized that if there were no thoughts, there would be no reality or "me".
It is literally our thoughts that create and have created our reality, some of which are held more collectively and feel more real and materialize. Like the creation of countries for example, or science.

I also realized that I was the music. And that if I were separated from the music then it would be impossible to experience it (hear it, feel it). So I must be the music if there can be no separations.

I tried to see that I was more than the music, ALL of it, and I couldn't realize that as if it was too hard to see.
I wondered afterwards who the thinker was. The thoughts come, they don't seem to belong to me. But what makes them feel like they belong to me is the fact that I am attached to them or believe them.

Nice ?

7 hours ago, Gabith said:

Is reality only thoughts? If there were no thoughts created, how could reality exist since there would be no perceiver?
For there to be a perceiver, it must think. If he doesn't think, he doesn't exist anymore, he is not.

There are many things I can't understand.

Yeah that's good questions to ask. You could try to watch what happens between two thoughts. Does the world disappear?

On 27.6.2021 at 4:35 PM, Gabith said:

Thought does not create reality. It only gives meaning to what is obsorved. 

Reality (better existence) is prior to thought. Thought appears in existence. There is no thinker. "there is a thinker" is a thought. 

If there were no thoughts created, how could reality exist since there would be no perceiver?

Why would there not be a perceiver without thought? When you for a moment don't think, are you not present? 

Counsciousness is the source of everything. It is all there is. Because it is all there is, there is no reason for it. All reasoning appears in it. 

Counsciousness never came into existence. It was never created. It is the creator of every finite thing (like a reason) 

Edited by Bluff

The illusory experience of "I am" places an the overlay of meaning purpose and value over top of reality and operates from that dream story perspective. 

Even if thinking isn't occurring every moment there is still an underlying assumption that "I am real" and everything means something.

The clearer it's seen through the better in regards to Awakening, ultimately it doesn't matter at all.

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 6/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, Nahm said:

tenor.gif

“If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?”

That old joke remains quite mysterious, until the flaw in the proposition is recognized. The setup implies there are two; the hearer, and the tree which makes the sound. No hearer, no sound experience… no tree falling, no sound experience. 

What if you didn’t believe you’re a hearer, any more or less than you believe you’re a tree?  The punchline, nonduality, suggests there are not two, such as a thinker of thoughts, a perceiver of perceived, a creator of creation, a hearer of sound, or someone doing something, or anyone doing anything really. 

If you & I wanna have a party, we gotta rent a place, hire a band, book Gallagher, hang the disco balls, paint ourselves, establish wingman-ship, order the kegs and strippers, etc, etc. You know how it is. But when Not A Thing wants to have a party, it just be’s the whole party… and sometimes mid-party it’s all ‘is there really this “No Thing” or not? That’s a helluva party if you think about it. Or is it if you don’t? Dunno. 

Why you cry?What da....Hey all good.

23 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I've heard it referred to as dancing emptiness, boundless energy, nothing and everything, absolute infinity.

But it can't really be named or understood. It is beyond understandability. 

My favorite non dualistic teacher.What would I do without you.

The thoughts come, they don't seem to belong to me. But what makes them feel like they belong to me is the fact that I am attached to them or believe them

That's a very good insight. 

When the "I"-thinking appears just notice that you are not it, but rather it's inside you. You are the foundation in which the "I"-thinking appears. "I"-thinking appears in the same "time" as sound of the bird in the forest for example. You are the boss of "I"-thinking, not vise versa. So, just give more attention to the foundation of yours, not to the details inside you.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

54 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

My favorite non dualistic teacher.What would I do without you.

? Hey man!

27 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

? Hey man!

Wish you all the best man.