Someone here

All questions are pointless

23 posts in this topic

Leo posted something few minutes ago.. I first thought I would ask him questions.. But suddenly it hit me....... 

I realized that all forms of contemplation and philosophical inquiry never leads anywhere. All questions are pointless and all questioning is futile.

No matter what the subject is.. You can keep poking holes in the answers and come up with endless questions and objections and it never leads anywhere. At least for me.  

Accepting radical and total not knowing. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here your just running into the limits of where you can go with knowledge and logic which will always be partial and finite. Ultimately to achieve omniscience and total certainty it is necessary to transcend logic into Being.  Knowing/not knowing collapses into Being.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Someone here your just running into the limits of where you can go with knowledge and logic which will always be partial and finite. Ultimately to achieve omniscience and total certainty it is necessary to transcend logic into Being.  Knowing/not knowing collapses into Being.

Agreed. Very true. 

-Osho

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

All questions are pointless and all questioning is futile.

This is profoundly wrong.

This entire work only works through profound questioning. The power of a high quality question never ceases to amaze me.

But you're right that asking me for answers is not the way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura how many times do we have to have The conversation of solipsism vs the external world?  And I'm still clueless in that regard..:D

If there was a definitive answer.. surely we could stop having the same conversation over and over again.  What if I just give up and accept that I  don't know?  Isn't not knowing closer to truth? 

-Osho

@Someone here Some time ago I had this insight: questions are the way the ego avoids the present moment. Questions are made by the ego so that you put your attention to something other the perfection and infinity of the present moment. Questions are made so you keep searching. Questions are made so you keep being asleep.

However, questions are also made so that you can awaken. Questions are made so that you can use them as pointers to nullify and wake the very same ego that made the question to keep itself asleep. Strange loopy way.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo they can be useful for sure. But past a certain point.. It becomes toxic and really it doesn't lead anywhere. 

-Osho

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is profoundly wrong.

This entire work only works through profound questioning. The power of a high quality question never ceases to amaze me.

But you're right that asking me for answers is not the way.

Did something change in your outlook recently?  I actually find myself agreeing with you occasionally now :P

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

how many times do we have to have The conversation of solipsism vs the external world?

That's because that question can only be answered via direct consciousness and awakening. Never conversation.

Asking questions is not about conversation. It's about personal contemplation.

If you never talked to another human again in your life, you would get closer to truth.

3 minutes ago, kinesin said:

Did something change in your outlook recently?  I actually find myself agreeing with you occasionally now :P

Don't get too chipper. The only reason I haven't banned you yet is because I was too lazy.

@Someone here You forget that you have unconscious beliefs you didn't know you have. Even if a part of you knows that you can never know, another part of your mind still conditioned to believe certain things. Contemplation uncovers those underlying beliefs.

Just to list some of my subconscious beliefs:
-I have to be truthful
-The outside world is dangerous
-Alcohol hurts me badly
-People have the same ways of thinking, reasoning and feeling as me.

@Someone here The mind will take you far, but not further.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Consciousness in-for-mation is wisdom. 

Wisdom is gained through labor and nobody can do it for you. 

It is similar to pushing weights in the gym. Just looking at somebody lifting weights won't make your own muscles bigger. 

It is OK to look but then you have to do it yourself. 

In Tate we trust

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's because that question can only be answered via direct consciousness and awakening. Never conversation

Agreed..i say it could be a mix of both. And I'm so much leaning towards that, actually. Maybe I should create a label for this state of consciousness and call it mine lol. Notice that everything seems correct from each pov. It seems absolutely true that reality is external and objective, all evidence points towards that. And at the same time, all of that seems to be couched within you/consciousness. Notice that you can never debunk either of those thoughts no matter how you try. You can never debunk materialism, neither will you ever debunk idealism. 

But you do have some good points regarding solipsism. Which always makes me re-think the whole thing 

-Osho

Question until the questioner is realized to be what being questioned, and they both collapse into what is. 

You can use contemplation to get into some deep states. You just need to be making sure you aren't theorizing, but are just observing something until you actually become aware of what it actually is. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Seeking comes from the illusory experience that there is something missing that needs to be found or understood.

There is nothing right or wrong with seeking. 

Kind of like seeing a mirage of water in the desert. It absolutely appears to be real until it's walked through and recognized to not be water.

Diligent inquiry reveals that there is nothing to find AND simultaneously that recognition is what was longed for.

The seeking energy typically tends to seek outside of itself for answers, however sometimes it can 180 degree flip in on itself and inquire into who or what is seeking so desperately.

One big game of hide-and-seek with itself. The play of life.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I realized that all forms of contemplation and philosophical inquiry never leads anywhere.

Pointless? Yes. Never leads anywhere? Nope. 

15 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Question until the questioner is realized to be what being questioned, and they both collapse into what is. 

?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The word water will not quench your thirst. Words are useful as guides, but when you confuse them for truth you will be deluding yourself into a false sense of wisdom.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Leo posted something few minutes ago.. I first thought I would ask him questions.. But suddenly it hit me....... 

I realized that all forms of contemplation and philosophical inquiry never leads anywhere. All questions are pointless and all questioning is futile.

No matter what the subject is.. You can keep poking holes in the answers and come up with endless questions and objections and it never leads anywhere. At least for me.  

Accepting radical and total not knowing. 

There is no ‘thinker of thoughts’. Absolutely, ultimately, questioning never leads anywhere, because there isn’t an actuality to anywhere, only ‘now’, ‘here’. In the sense, aka ‘experience’… questioning leads to the realization all thought / thinking is dualistic, a twoness facade of one.

Yet, experientially, in the absence of ‘monkey mind’… insights, realizations, epiphanies, Armageddon, intuition, sensational / feeling guidance.   

You can never debunk materialism, neither will you ever debunk idealism. 

“You” can never… indeed. Yet to believe those can’t be seen through, self-realized, and therefore debunked, would only be a belief. Materialism is the believing of subject object and self referential thoughts. It’s a debunk-able belief. Idealism, because it is an ism, is also a debunk-able belief. The Immutable Laws are handy for this. 

There is no getting out from behind creating. There is no pause, rewind, or fast forward button on experience. The life experience of monkey mind, and the tension and stress that ensues, in comparison to self-realization and conscious creating is pretty substantial. Yet again, there’s no not being you, so that is always, up to you.

It seems absolutely true that reality is external and objective, all evidence points towards that. And at the same time, all of that seems to be couched within you/consciousness. Notice that you can never debunk either of those thoughts no matter how you try.

I’d agree in the sentiment of ‘how hard you try’… but otherwise, ‘that reality is external and or objective’ is not only debunk-able, it is already actual.  As you said, those are thoughts. Also as you said, you can never debunk them. 

Not knowing, as in you choosing the way or path of not knowing, is another belief, and is not the self-realization of not knowing, or no thing which could be known. But imo, not efforting, figuring out, trying to solve in thought, is the way to go. Let those phat insights arise of their own goodness, so to speak. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE