Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StarfoxEpiphany

Sweden isn't special

31 posts in this topic

And neither is Denmark, Norway, Finland, or the Netherlands.  It would be easy to create nearly identical economies in a large number of US states given the following:

1.  Take nearly any mostly white US state such as Minnesota.

2.  Consider if the citizens only paid taxes to the state government instead of federal income tax.  They would not be paying for the free world's defense (as the US is). Nor would they be paying for poor state's social programs just as Scandinavians don't pay for Hungary's healthcare even though they're both in the EU.

3.  The states in question have their own currency instead of US dollars to deal with cyclical economics more relevant to the region.

And voila!  You have several US states getting praised all the time.

Edited by StarfoxEpiphany

43 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

1.  Take nearly any mostly white US state such as Minnesota.

Ex progressive.. 

@Opo These countries tend to be 90% white since they don't bring in new poor people like the US does.   At least they haven't for very long

They're selfish.  Did you have fun saying that though?

@StarfoxEpiphany You are being deceived and misguided by right wing propaganda, which is not surprising. 

Sweden scores higher than the US in most parameters designated to determine the level of development of a country.  Every fourth (24.9%) resident in the country has a foreignbackground and every third (32.3%) has at least one parent born abroad. It's a considerably diverse country.

There is a big gap between the US and Sweden in terms of development. The information you provided is intentionally false, which again is not surprising.

Are you into theories such as the great replacement by any chance?

Edited by Harlen Kelly

6 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@StarfoxEpiphany  

(24.9%) resident in the country has a foreignbackground e is a big gap between the US and Sweden in terms of development.

That's because you're counting Europeans as 'immigrants'.   Imagine if Vermont counted New Hampshire people as immigrants like Sweden does with Finns xD

2 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@StarfoxEpiphany At least do a 5 minute investigation before posting. 

Are you into theories such as the great replacement and the like?

Don't change the subject, you counted Europeans as foreigners even thought they're really not.  Big flaw in your argument.

@StarfoxEpiphany Do a 5 minute investigation and you will have the response.

Why don't you want to answer the question? That's very cowardly of you.

Edited by Harlen Kelly

2 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@StarfoxEpiphany Why don't you want to answer the question? That's very cowardly of you.

Lol he believes it.

That's why he's running from it. 

4 minutes ago, Opo said:

Lol he believes it.

That's why he's running from it. 

There's that nasty little progressive in you.  I told you so.

Unfortunately for you I don't know what they hell you're talking about.

@Opo There are  hundreds of thousands of dullards being misguided and punked by right wing propaganda. It's a very unfortunate situation.

@Harlen Kelly  

You don't get to pat yourself on the back because your neighbor has a Finnish parent.

So I'm guessing you've already agreed on the other points:

1.  It's easier when you're not contributing to the free world's defense

2.  Just imagine all of that tax money going straight back to Connecticut and not to Washington DC.  Just like how Finland doesn't pay for social services in other EU countries.  You get the benefits of unity, but not cost.

Just now, Harlen Kelly said:

@StarfoxEpiphany Do you believe in the great replacement yes or no?

Don't know what it is, and I dont care because you started namecalling.

@Harlen Kelly Calling me a liar now?  I think I know what's motivating you to fill in blanks:

“The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats.”
― Aldous Huxley, Crome Yellow