thisintegrated

Stage Turquoise Anime?

28 posts in this topic

There are a bunch I can think of off the top of my head.  I'm wondering if there are any I'm not aware of.

Doesn't have to be strictly anime, can be any kind of animation.

"wtf is Turquoise anime?"

Anime that elicits ideas/thoughts/feelings associated with the Turquoise stage, whether intended by the producers, or not.

Or anime with themes/elements that stages like Yellow or Green couldn't fully appreciate.

(inb4 "a-anime can't be Turquoise!!!! REEEEE")

a-anime can't be Turquoise!!!! REEEEE. Anime is great as an art, may as well just ask what the most deep or spiritual anime are. Turquoise to me just means everything yellow can't capture.

In other words, I see this as you asking me what I found to be most deeply intuitive/artistic. 

There's direct non-duality philosophy in Evangelion + End Of Evangelion film [ TV series + EoE Film = Canon. Every other film is either a recap of series, or a rebooted alternate timeline]. 

Durarara is stage yellow, chaos and order. Butterfly effect, things diverging and interlocking, etc. 

Serial Experiments Lain had deep themes regarding questions of "What am I?", identity, collective consciousness, fusion of perception and reality, etc. 

Monogatari gave me very Jungian vibes. Not turquoise. But a very hyper intuitive show.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Samurai Champloo is an extremely spiritual anime, although subtlety so until the end. The ending is just a masterpiece on the meaning of life, in my view. Plus the fight scenes are beautifully choreographed and just badass in general. Music is on another level as well. 

Turquoise to me just means everything yellow can't capture

Well, yes, I did say "Or anime with themes/elements that stages like Yellow or Green couldn't fully appreciate."

In other words, I see this as you asking me what I found to be most deeply intuitive/artistic

Yes, at a Turquoise level (i.e. not Green).

6 hours ago, lmfao said:

There's direct non-duality philosophy in Evangelion + End Of Evangelion film [ TV series + EoE Film = Canon. Every other film is either a recap of series, or a rebooted alternate timeline]. 

Durarara is stage yellow, chaos and order. Butterfly effect, things diverging and interlocking, etc. 

Serial Experiments Lain had deep themes regarding questions of "What am I?", identity, collective consciousness, fusion of perception and reality, etc. 

Always wanted to watch Evangelion, but I can't watch ensemble-cast series.  I believe it likely is as good as most say it is.  I'm just incompatible with it.

..Just like with Durarara.  Possibly the very first anime I hated.  Ensemble-cast at its worst.  No story to speak of.  Feels like I'm playing RAID: Shadow Legends or something when I watch an anime like Durarara.  Or am given some fetch quest in a game.  It's like a deep, physically painful boredom that makes me re-evaluate what I'm doing with my life.  And I'm someone who enjoys meditating on nothing for hours..  But I guess I can see your point on it having elements of Yellow.

Lain was decent.  Definitely tier 2 themes, but maybe from a tier 1 perspective (very melancholic/self-focused).  Best thing about the anime was the opening theme, imo.

Monogatari gave me very Jungian vibes. Not turquoise. But a very hyper intuitive show.

Yes, I can agree with that.  Though I don't really like Monogatari series.  They feel like stage Blue trying hard to make something Yellow.  Quality's good, but a bit too edgy and annoying for me.  But you've definitely seen more of it than I have.  I drop what I don't like very quick, and all the time.

If you want Yellow, I'd recommend anything by Kunihiko Ikuhara or Shinbou Akiyuki.  I think those guys might actually be Yellow!! ^^ 

Here are some Yellow-ish works by them: 

Mawaru Penguindrum, Kubikiri Cycle, Sarazanmai, Mekakucity Actors.  It's mostly their directing style that's Yellow.  It's SOOOOOOOO refreshing, though they do tend to overdo it.

6 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@thisintegrated I think Avatar the last air bender is a great example of this.

Yes!  Very much so.  Probably my favorite series of all time.  Tenzin is, in my mind, the embodiment of Turquoise.  While not necessarily top of Turquoise, his likeness/personality/wisdom strike me as very typical of Turquoise.  He also reminds me a lot of Tom Campbell.

That said, the series as a whole is definitely closer to Green than Turquoise.  But as I binged the entirety of Korra on acid, the series was, to me in particular, more of a Turquoise experience.  I was in a whole other reality while watching it.  That was probably my first true introduction into stage Turquoise.  Even now, years later, when I recall that experience I'm overwhelmed with emotion.

2 hours ago, Consilience said:

Samurai Champloo is an extremely spiritual anime, although subtlety so until the end. The ending is just a masterpiece on the meaning of life, in my view. Plus the fight scenes are beautifully choreographed and just badass in general. Music is on another level as well. 

Haven't seen Samurai Champloo, but I see it's episodic, so I'm reluctant to start it.

Serial Experiments Lain, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hunter X Hunter Ant Arc, Violet Evergarden all have some levels of Turquoise.

I've yet to find a fully turquoise level anime, but there definitely are sprinkles of turquoise throughout the medium.

I recently watched Parasyte which is probably the closest thing to turquoise I've seen in terms of plot, but the ending was so rushed and some of the philosophical soliloquies felt forced, like someone who just discovered stage yellow paying lip service to turquoise teachings without fully understanding them.

Someone's already mentioned Avatar the Last Airbender which occasionally drops turquoise truth bombs in a supplementary way (like one guy says "death is an illusion" as a meme/gag). Overall more yellow than turquoise because it doesn't seriously commit to explicitly centralizing turquoise values.

This is what's mostly preventing turquoise from making an appearance in media imo - you can't really tell a dramatic story full of conflict if you explicitly go turquoise. There's no more tug-of-war to hook the audience to the plot the moment a story commits to values like cosmic compassion. To drive a plot-conflict, a story must limit its perspective and compassion. Think about that.

I don't know if we can properly call it "anime," but Miyazaki films come to mind when I think of turquoise. Those films are not turquoise in terms of plot as you might expect, but moreso in terms of aesthetic delivery. The landscape shots, the background music, the long stretches of silence or reality-bending visuals speak turquoise without the use of words. There's a sort of widened appreciation of reality at large in these films which I cannot fathom coming from tier 1.

Finally, Demon Slayer despite being a shonen must be mentioned here simply because the main character Tanjiro sets himself apart from all other anime protagonists by displaying saint-levels of compassion for the very demons that he swears to destroy. A masterclass in "Love thy enemy."

img_7581.jpg?ssl=1

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

7 hours ago, Consilience said:

This show was just an entire vibe, very spiritual 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Houseki no Kuni

Is pretty damn abstract.  Felt very Turquoise to me.  The nature of reality itself in this one is abstract AF & may even seem nonsensical to Yellow.

Kaiba

Is fucking insane.  Never seen anything like it.  VERY Turquoise.  You wouldn't believe how Turquoise this is.  Not necessarily the most spiritual, but Turquoise AF.  Explores genderlesness, spontaneity, indifference, meaning, caring, not caring.

Casshern Sins

Pretty damn Turquoise too.  Very abstract.  Not sure if ANY other stage would even enjoy this one.  Can barely recommend it to anyone.  The other ones have elements from other stages, this one's just.. There's not much for any of the other stages to enjoy here.

Texhnolyze

This was too fucked up for me.  Only watched one episode I think.  Will finish at some point.  I don't know what it is, but it's SOMETHING.  I do not recommend anyone watch this.  At least not sober.  It might be some weird type of Turquoise, maybe not.  But it is abstract AF, iirc.

Alice to Zouroku, Machikado Mazoku, Hinamatsuri, Etc..

A weird addition, but I had weirdly profound experiences with all of them.  The perspectives, love, fun, etc. I found deeply fascinating.  But I'm definitely the only one, lol.

Yellow Submarine (1968)

Probably mostly Green, but can easily be interpreted through a Turquoise lens.  God how I loved this, don't even know why.  Though I wouldn't expect to know, I've only ever watched it on acid :)

Edited by thisintegrated

I really liked Gundam Seed growing up, and I'd say Keira is turquoise by the end of show.

Interestingly, i've had a few experiences on psychidelics where my crown chakra opened fully, and it felt like a popping inside my head like in the show, and it completely changed my perceptions/abilites after the crown explosion/cracking open.

These are some good recommendations from all of you, I haven't seen most of these. 

When I get the time I might get around to 1 or 2 of these, but I need to finish Monster first. 

Serial Experiments Lain had a very weird vibe that i enjoyed. 

i'm going to be the smartest one here and say the most Turquoise anime are definitely Attack on titan and Death Note, probably even Devilman crybaby.

twist: they're the most stage red anime one can think of. :D

i love dark fantasy anime the most so i couldn't tell you, keep in mind that the creator(s) probably has to be stage Turquoise to create a stage Turquoise anime, which is a rarity even in japan where anime is produced. Japan is a collective, strict and a workaholic country where pretty much everyone is a wage slave, their salaries are extremely low and they work very long hours because of their toxic view on work, it takes time to become stage Turquoise! Time! a luxury for the japanese! and don't get me started on mangaka's (mangaka = the people who write manga) here is how a mangakas work life looks like, (see image below) and no you're not seeing things, that is 112 hours of work per week, if you count the number of hours awake from sunday 10:00am to tuesday 7:00am there is only 2 hours of sleep that separates 44 hours of awake time that is mostly work, another luxury to the japanese is a vacation (i heard, can't confirm). and for the cherry on top mangakas only write manga, for a manga to become anime it has to be picked by a studio that probably isn't too interested in stage Turquoise either.

and i know all this because i thought of creating a studio that makes anime and fix the damn industry as a life purpose. i ended up going with something else but i still have a deep passion for Japan and the Japanese people. 

I <3 Japan with all my heart

jFhnTgg.jpeg

On 29/06/2021 at 5:12 AM, MarkKol said:

i'm going to be the smartest one here and say the most Turquoise anime are definitely Attack on titan and Death Note, probably even Devilman crybaby.

twist: they're the most stage red anime one can think of. :D

i love dark fantasy anime the most so i couldn't tell you, keep in mind that the creator(s) probably has to be stage Turquoise to create a stage Turquoise anime, which is a rarity even in japan where anime is produced. Japan is a collective, strict and a workaholic country where pretty much everyone is a wage slave, their salaries are extremely low and they work very long hours because of their toxic view on work, it takes time to become stage Turquoise! Time! a luxury for the japanese! and don't get me started on mangaka's (mangaka = the people who write manga) here is how a mangakas work life looks like, (see image below) and no you're not seeing things, that is 112 hours of work per week, if you count the number of hours awake from sunday 10:00am to tuesday 7:00am there is only 2 hours of sleep that separates 44 hours of awake time that is mostly work, another luxury to the japanese is a vacation (i heard, can't confirm). and for the cherry on top mangakas only write manga, for a manga to become anime it has to be picked by a studio that probably isn't too interested in stage Turquoise either.

and i know all this because i thought of creating a studio that makes anime and fix the damn industry as a life purpose. i ended up going with something else but i still have a deep passion for Japan and the Japanese people. 

I <3 Japan with all my heart

I suppose anything could be looked at through a Turquoise filter.  What I'm interested in is which animes feels like they were made for Turquoise.  By accident or not.

I don't think there exists a single anime made by a turquoise person.  I mean, even Yellows are incredibly rare.  I've maybe met a handful throughout my life.

has anyone watched Mushishi ? I could be just guessing, but I think it has some turquoise in it. 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, thisintegrated said:

Haven't seen Samurai Champloo, but I see it's episodic, so I'm reluctant to start it.

I usually do not like episodic things either. This one is a rare exception. 

"To your eternity" feels Yellowish and Turqouisish to me. 

3 hours ago, Swarnim said:

"To your eternity" feels Yellowish and Turqouisish to me. 

Yes!  I was thinking of mentioning it.  Still have a few episodes left.

7 hours ago, Happy Lizard said:

has anyone watched Mushishi ? I could be just guessing, but I think it has some turquoise in it. 

Yes, definitely.  Though idk if it's more Turquoise than Green.