Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random User

Advice Needed

7 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

I don't really know the best way to go about the journey towards self-actualization. I have all these notes, but no real plan to motivate me and I just feel unorganised.

What's your advice? After watching your video on strategy I feel as though this is my best bet:

1. Watch videos from start to finish (starting with the foundational ones) and take notes

2. Re-read and study notes. Repeat

3. Watch again

4. Contemplate principles deeply

5. Think about how I can apply these principles

How does that sound?

This would be alongside daily meditation, self-inquiry and working on my career.

Good, just don't fall into the trap of perfectionism and accept that the outcomes of your strategy will not always be 100% what you want. Just keep revising and keep going.

Edited by Extreme Z7

You need to take action, all your points are fine and well but there is no forward momentum. 

Work out what you want to do and then work out a strategy to do that, whilst doing the background inner work. 

For example if you want to write a book set yourself a goal of writing say 5 pages a day. You would get a lot further than if you spent a year reading and studying about how to write a book, which is really what youre proposing. 

Also i would look at other videos and books as well as leos stuff, just so you get different inputs. 

If you dont do any stuff practically, it will just mental masturbation and what you just wrote , seems like it. Fo example, if there is self-help program for your business/motivation etc. and you just watch it, take notes and do not do actual business, you are just wasting your time in fantasy land.

Many people get lost in self-help fluff like this and that's why self-help today is viewed as something negative in a way, because most of people just talk, talk and talk and by their actions, any aspect of their lives they preach about at all and they tend to be really ignorant about it because they ego get's so pumped in that fantasy and ''positive thinking.'' This is very common, sneaky and dangerous trap that 99% people fall into including myself but it is good that i more aware of it and it auto corrects in a way.

The reason why self-help is only useful if you take action is because it forces your ego to change. If you can imagine ego as a system with 2 polar opposites and those 2 polar opposites are your comfort zones, and now take ego who is in equilibrium and it just takes information. The result will be just ego with no change at all and now i will quote Eben Pagan on this :

'' Knowledge is not information processing, it is behavior change''

So when you force your ego to move and then apply useful information, it will create that 3d effect that will cause change in your behavior and thus improve your life in long term. Of course when, you shake the system in direction, ego will fight back. It is like when you try to go to gym for first time. Every bit of you, both physical and mental side will tell you not to go and to quit. 

So take actions, re watch video and take notes, and take more action. Then you will grow.

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

@Consept @Natura Sonoris

Thanks for the replies.

I was very brief. This is purely my strategy for studying useful mental processes. I also spend all my free days working on music production and in the evening on a work day. I work through exercises in self-help books and the ones Leo often gives at the end of his videos. 

I'm also doing a program that has helped thousands of music producers make music their life. This involves tons of practical things to do and implement into my work. Including extremely helpful tips on how the music industry works. 

Would you say that this is enough? 

I can give some pointers, things I think I should do in my own life.

The key thing here I think is avoiding the mental masturbation trap. It's easy to get comfortable with that and use it as an excuse to procrastinate on taking action. 

I wouldn't re-watch all the vids, maybe some more fundamental ones. And then yes, think of ways to apply the principles.

After that, it's strategizing time. I guess it's good to contemplate, having all that theory, what do you really want out of life? Distill it down to what it is at its core, and set a strategic intent in accordance to that. Then you can set the goals required for that and reverse-engineer all the steps you need to get to those.