SageModeAustin

how important is it to be physically capable?

29 posts in this topic

how important is it to be the strongest guy in the room like physically when you have a gf? UFC, BJJ, Martial Arts, Boxing etc 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

If your motivation for training martial arts is keeping your gf, then you're already in a veeery wrong mindset?

It's not important at all, unless it gives you some sense of confidence and security. If that's the case, then do it.

@Peter Miklis ?that’s not why but that’s funny trying to fight to keep your gf is like trying to stop the ocean waves with a paddle board. And ok yea that’s what I thought too. 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

It's more important to be the best looking, tallest and having the most "status" in the room but being strong/dangerous with fighting skill is a cherry on top--not the whole sundae.  

If a woman knows you can literally easily kill other men with your bare hands, it's very nice to them on a similar plane as being tall--but it's not the exact same thing.  It definitely helps though!  Just don't be an aggro douche with it and you'll be alright.  It's the silent confidence aspect about it that makes it awesome to have.

Being the strongest i dont know about that but being able to fight is really important and having capacity to defend yourself and others you care about...thats why monks started to practice martial arts they saw that being just spirtual is not enough they got used and robbed often...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

what are the best martial art to learn how to fight and defend ourself ?

I have access to Ving Tsun lessons not far from home

But I don't have a clue about what it is

Just gotta be physically capable of moving your hips in a thrusting motion. 

Edited by Chew211

Survival is important to exist but also important for spirituality. If you don't have a body you can't do spirituality. 

The body is really your temple but also your dojo. 

If you can't beat up a motherfucker you are missing that vital energy that males should have to get shit done. 

When talking to dudes who have this energy you can just sense it. Me as a male can sense it. Girls can sense it too. That is why nice guys don't do well with anything and especially not with girls. The girl knows if he is weak with me he is also weak in other high pressure situations. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

6 hours ago, Gabith said:

what are the best martial art to learn how to fight and defend ourself ?

5 hours ago, Gabith said:

I have access to Ving Tsun lessons not far from home

But I don't have a clue about what it is

You don't wanna get too fancy when it comes to defending yourself. Some people may argue with me, but most Chinese martial arts were not meant for fighting, but more as a means to stay fit, as lifestyle or philosophy.

Obviously, boxing should be number one. And it's really all you need. You can also do Muay Thai if you wanna learn how to kick, but kicks are pretty slow. Punches are the way to go.

@StarStruck this. thankyou

@NoSelfSelf yes, that's true. ty

On 26/06/2021 at 0:58 PM, SageModeAustin said:

how important is it to be the strongest guy in the room like physically when you have a gf? UFC, BJJ, Martial Arts, Boxing etc 

Imo not so important. It's simply a nice bonus. Especially if she's already your gf. I think it's the equivalent importance for a man to have his gf being the best nuturing health cook in the room. It's a nice awesome bonus but it's not gonna be the defining factor for being a keeper. 

Personally, as a woman I draw the line on as long as my man is not weaker than me. I have no patience for that. 

Just a note out there - while being the top class in the martial art training, you're still not gonna attract women unless your focus is genuinely for your performance goals, and perhaps for your love for martial arts. If you were to try to go top class for the sake of getting girls or impress them, it's mostly gonna repel them, ironically. Plus I'm not too sure you can get top class with a distracting goal like that

9 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Survival is important to exist but also important for spirituality. If you don't have a body you can't do spirituality. 

The body is really your temple but also your dojo. 

If you can't beat up a motherfucker you are missing that vital energy that males should have to get shit done. 

When talking to dudes who have this energy you can just sense it. Me as a male can sense it. Girls can sense it too. That is why nice guys don't do well with anything and especially not with girls. The girl knows if he is weak with me he is also weak in other high pressure situations. 

I agree that in probably most cases you can sense a guy that has the aggressiveness and willpower to defend himself to protect his gf/wife, but in other cases you can't tell. Sometimes it can come by surprise. 

@mivafofa wow lol. Being the best cook in the room doesn't really matter to me at all, but it's a nice bonus. ;D thank you, that really helps me see things more clearly now. Yeah, I agree with doing something in hopes of attracting a woman never works. My gf is much smaller than me and so i feel responsible for her safety. I can protect her to a certain degree (with the exception of really big dudes or actual UFC fighters etc) as I've done martial arts on and off for a decent portion of my life so i will say that's good enough as long as im willling to protect her if it comes down to it and i very much am. 

It's not important to be the strongest guy. In the context of a relationship, for the sake of keeping your girlfriend attracted to you, you'll better have some capacity to defend yourself and her rather than none. You want to have some ability to deal with challenging and confrontational situations. No ability to deal with physically confrontational situations will result in you feeling mentally and emotionally more vulnerable in situations that evoke emotional and physical tension between you and someone with bad intentions. This can be agressive or abusive people that challenge you verbally or physically. If you have no confidence in yourself in dealing with the situation physically, you'll feel fear and apathy in those situations because you have not yet established the self-image and emotional embodiment of someone who is capable of dealing with those situations if it would go too far. This is basic survival instincts. Also fear of the unknown. If you feel weak, you're woman will feel let down in those challenging situation because she relies heavily on her man for feeling safe around other men. The man usually has to ground tension for the feminine to feel safe to express herself. If you as a man can't deal with emotional or physical tension, you automatically get perceived as weak. For the strongest attraction, you want to make her feel safe and protected. You have to take responsibility for this.

You shouldn't learn martial arts just for being attractive to women. You should do it to become a more powerful man, and to become more grounded. In turn, of course, you become more confident in yourself in all kinds of ways. Confidence is attractive to women so there you go. 

I would learn Brazilian Jiu jitsu first and if you have more time, do some Muay Thai with it as well. If a confrontation goes physical, chances are that it ends up in a clinch and then goes to the ground. If you have Jiu jitsu skills with some wrestling skills, your attacker has no chance and you'll control him without too much effort. The benefit here is that you don't inflict too much damage if you don't want to. You can control him, or either break his limbs or choke him out if you have to. 

With punching, you don't control how much damage there is done. It's good and even neccessary to learn a striking art though because a fight always starts standing with both people apart from each other. 

Woah such a bad answers in the majority. But i gotta admit i'd agree with most of them like 2 years ago. 

I think the most important trait of every man and woman to keep the other person attracted is being true self. Like really - what kind of man you are to do some stuff only in hope of attracting women that way?

Coming from a guy who's into gym and martial arts tho. 

@KaRzual Who said anything about about doing some stuff to attract women? I don't see that here.

5 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

I would learn Brazilian Jiu jitsu first and if you have more time, do some Muay Thai with it as well. If a confrontation goes physical, chances are that it ends up in a clinch and then goes to the ground. If you have Jiu jitsu skills with some wrestling skills, your attacker has no chance and you'll control him without too much effort. The benefit here is that you don't inflict too much damage if you don't want to. You can control him, or either break his limbs or choke him out if you have to. 

BJJ takes a lot of time to learn though, so unless you're really good, there's no guarantee you'll be able to keep the guy on the ground, especially if he's heavy. If you get even moderately good at boxing though, you are basically guaranteed to win any fight against a regular dude, since most people can't punch to save their life. And If you get really really good at boxing, you'll knock out most people under a minute, even some MMA fighters.