OBEler

Which psychedelic is best for trauma healing?

45 posts in this topic

@StarStruck then lsd is nothing for you. Lsd s increases thinking. Thats one of its characteristic

Try something different(allad, 5 meo dmt) 

3 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@StarStruck then lsd is nothing for you. Lsd s increases thinking. Thats one of its characteristic

Try something different(allad, 5 meo dmt) 

I have some experiences with 5 Meo DMT but they were not nice. I have trouble with surrendering. 

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

@4201 See you can heal your mind and even the body faster with higher consciousness than with lower. And psychedelica raise your higher consciousness

There are no levels of consciousness. You are infinite consciousness stuck in thought about itself being finite or being at a certain level of consciousness.

Psychedelics will definitely help throw all of this thinking out of the window. But it will throw away with it this whole idea of a you who has trauma to heal in the first place.

Without proper preparation to such a revelation, your ego is free to misinterpret it any way it wants to suit its needs. It's very easy for the ego to panic during a trip and then start acting like it's been traumatized from the trip, as a way to distract itself from the truth.

Imo the best way to prevent those issues and trip responsably is to start fixing your problems yourself first. Do the practices, sit in meditation and then, only if you really need it, use a psychedelic. Psychedelics will boost your ability to meditate effectively for a couple of hours. If you've never meditated there's little say as to if what happen during those hours will be beneficial or not. If you think psychedelics will let you avoid your problems you are wrong. They will take your problems and put them directly in your face for you to deal with them. Daily meditation is the best way to be ready for it.

At the end of the day psychedelic usage should be in harmony to your regular life and practices, not in opposition to it. If you are doing psychedelics instead of doing other things, it's unlikely to work out.

As to which to choose, I would say argue shrooms are probably safer than LSD (although less cool). If the point is only to deal with your own traumas, I would recommend them. Anything like 5-MeO-DMT or DMT would probably be way to direct and fast for you to get the time to deal with your trauma. I wouldn't recommend MDMA (nor Ketamine) as it's brain damaging and not a psychedelic but it's also not a substance I'm experienced with.

Edited by 4201

Mushrooms are healing me.  I did two Niños Santos ceremonies in Mexico.     In the ceremonies, I processed huge amounts of trauma through crying and the mystical visions radically shifted my perspective.  The changes have been happening each day after the ceremony.  It´s like every day is a work of art with new obstacles provided by the universe to push me forward and strange synchronicities.  I now view the ordinary living of life as the highest practice of spirituality.   Mushrooms grow in shit.  But they turn the shit into beauty.  They are the holy children.  They teach us that our tragedies and sorrows are the source of our joy.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 01/07/2021 at 6:25 PM, OBEler said:

just talked with some people who Do this like  years of talking. They still are traumatized 

talking is soft. Your trauma is also saved deeply in your body

thing is, it's hard to find an excellent professional. otherwise, it's better not to do it. it's much deeper than "just talking".

btw - soft can be extremely powerful. water doesn't resist anything, yet it overpowers everything

careful not to fall into the trap of thinking that psychedelics are a magic pill.

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 you are right, psychedelics alone is not enough. You need to combine with therapy, this would be best I think

I recently had a conversation with someone who is further along the path than I and has healed himself.  He said the plant medicines were a big factor in his healing.  He also confirmed what I have discovered from my own path:  establish a relationship with the plant teacher, and it is between you and the plant medicine.  You don’t need or want anyone external to you giving you interpretations.  They are always misleading.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Somatic Experiencing

I absolutely agree with this. Somatic therapy is a very safe bet. 

@Jodistrict can you elaborate? which plant , how often did he and how long did it took to heal his trauma

Edited by OBEler

@Gianna really? did you experienced on your own? how long did it take, how strong was your trauma

A save bet but I heard you need years to heal with this. 

Make sure you are no trying to circumvent the painful & exhaustive healing process by applying a "green pharmacy" as a form of shorcut . Healing of trauma has to be difficult, nasty and very emotional process otherwise there is no deep healing. 

The person you speak of may not be ready so be mindful of that as well 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 thanks, but she is total ready and it seems difficult and nasty with lsd so she is on her way to heal

5 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Gianna really? did you experienced on your own? how long did it take, how strong was your trauma

A save bet but I heard you need years to heal with this. 

I haven’t tried somatic therapy myself but I’ve been thinking about it. I just have heard so many good things about it from so many people—experts even. Seems like the best option for deep, integrative, trauma healing. 

@Gianna yeah. Seems like the best option for deep, integrative, trauma healing if you don't know about psychedelics. Do these experts tried psychedelics on their patients? Surely not

MDMA.

But get your foundation right. Have a friend there who knows your story and can guide you. Clean diet and clean state of mind before you do it. Don't take too much. Maybe write some things down during the trip or record it and set up a way to move on after the trip: Therapy, journaling, reading, meditation, etc. 

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

Do these experts tried psychedelics on their patients? Surely not

Not since they banned LSD use for psychotherapy in the 70s. Pretty sure somatic therapy was an effort to produce similar effects. Or at least holotropic breathwork was! A psychotherapist who used LSD for therapeutic use was so upset by the ban he started holotropic breathwork to mimic its effects on the body + healing. You should try it out! You can watch Leo's episode on shamanic breathwork to get a feel. 

I did a holotropic breathwork seminar with a facilitator who was trained by Grof.   I recommend it.  But medicinal strength mushrooms are at a different level.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Gianna I tried it out and it is too weak compared with lsd

It is fine to mimic psychedelic effects with other Tools. However they are so weak it takes long time and patience to get resultes

Edited by OBEler