OBEler

Which psychedelic is best for trauma healing?

45 posts in this topic

Hello,

I experiment with LSD but are there other good trauma healing psychedelics out there which would make sense to use for overcome trauma?

What are you looking to heal?

I don't recommend using psychedelics to heal trauma. However,  there are professionals doing it and you can look into that if you choose. 

Be careful with the mindset of taking psychedelics to heal. They can actually cause more trauma or make the trauma increasingly difficult and challenging to deal with. 

You're better off looking into other types of therapy. Somatic Experiencing, talk therapy, EMDR etc. 

"You Create Magic" 

2 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

What are you looking to heal?

I don't recommend using psychedelics to heal trauma. However,  there are professionals doing it and you can look into that if you choose. 

Be careful with the mindset of taking psychedelics to heal. They can actually cause more trauma or make the trauma increasingly difficult and challenging to deal with. 

You're better off looking into other types of therapy. Somatic Experiencing, talk therapy, EMDR etc. 

Seconded. I've taken a few trips looking to heal things; all that happened was I had a mystical experience, came down and everything was back to normal. Martin Ball does speak about using psychedelics to heal but I really don't recommend doing this solo, I personally think the risk is too great.

I'm currently doing EMDR and I think I may be finished in the next few months. It can be pretty gnarly, laborious and drawn out for some people. Others are sometimes finished in 6 sessions. Put it this way, I've cried more in the last 6 months since starting EMDR than I had the entire 5 years prior. Yeah, it's pretty rough but I would say it's worth it. 

MDMA for sure... check out the book "good chemistry" written by a psychiatrist who is part of an organization called M.A.P.S who are big advocates for legalizing psychedelics

Ayahuasca.  Iboga.  Mushrooms.  

Experiment.  See what happens.  Try doing some ceremonies.  

Be safe.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Flowerfaeiry deep trauma in scool (not me but someone Else) 

What you recommend Emdr, talk therapy and so on can be nice but are too soft compare to psychedelica which have the Power to rewire the whole mind body inclusive receptors(ibogain) and can make you reborn again

@PlayOnWords what is your history of psychedelic use

A handful Light doses of some lsd will not really help 

On 27/06/2021 at 1:47 PM, OBEler said:

@PlayOnWords what is your history of psychedelic use

A handful Light doses of some lsd will not really help 

Pretty experienced.

This is such a hard question to answer. But here its... The real... One and only CORRECT ANSWER!

It depends on who you are. Everyone reacts differently to different psychedelics. 

Most people I have spoken to would say mushrooms are the best bet. I dont get much at all from mushrooms so i decided to take 4.7 grams a couple weeks ago and... Ehh.

Not mich happened. Just made me want to be alone. Not insightful or mystical in the least. Pretty boring and pointless actually. 

Some people SWEAR by dmt amd ill admit its a hell of trip like nothing else, but for me its almost to powerful to be able to understand what to even integrate into my daily life

Just a half tab of lsd to me is more helpfulto me than than 4.7 shrooms for contemplating, being creative, meditating and thinking deep about my past. Medium or small doses of nn dmt while on any amount of LSD gives me ego death every time

You might be the opposite or exactly the same. The truth is you'll have to experiment to find out which helps you. 

On 27/06/2021 at 9:38 AM, OBEler said:

What you recommend Emdr, talk therapy and so on can be nice but are too soft

how can you be so sure that psychotherapy is "too soft"?

On 27/06/2021 at 9:38 AM, OBEler said:

psychedelica which have the Power to rewire the whole mind body inclusive receptors(ibogain) and can make you reborn again

but they can also make one get heavily traumatized, trigger psychotic breaks, etc.

it's an overly high risk gamble, especially if you're doing it alone.

one day this will all be memories

Talk therapy, reading, etc 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@kag101 just talked with some people who Do this like  years of talking. They still are traumatized 

talking is soft. Your trauma is also saved deeply in your body

I’ve heard there are good results with a combination of mdma and talk therapy, there are a number of psychotherapists experimenting with that and it really does seem to work in the case of veterans with ptsd. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

If you want to do psychedelics to heal, you also need to know a lot about the psychology of trauma healing. Otherwise that would be like giving a 1000cc motorcycle to a rookie and expecting nothing bad will happen.

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck I read a lot of things and what I concluded was that you need to know nothing at all.

Just take some mdma or other stuff, sit down and have trust in your healing capacity. Likewise you dont need to know how the body heals a wound. It still heals. You also dont need to know how your psyche will heal.  Open infinite intelligence with psychedelica and Let the infinite intelligence do its job without your limited ego.

@OBEler my experience with psychedelics is different. I took medium doses of lsd and I totally freaked out. I couldn't relax and my thinking was in overdrive. 

You are right though. I was supposed to stop thinking and do infinite intelligence do its work. 

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

Just take some mdma or other stuff, sit down and have trust in your healing capacity. 

If you have a natural ability to heal, then why take a foreign substance? 

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

Open infinite intelligence with psychedelica and Let the infinite intelligence do its job without your limited ego.

This idea that infinite intelligence is only accessible with some sort of key that unlocks it is not infinite intelligence.

By definition, if it was possible to bound or limit that infinite intelligence, it wouldn't be infinite anymore.

Edited by 4201

@4201 See you can heal your mind and even the body faster with higher consciousness than with lower. And psychedelica raise your higher consciousness

Its All about getting to higher consciousness. Infinite intelligence will still work but you can be more conscious with psychedelica about how infinite intelligence heals and it will only heal your psyche if you are in the right consciousness. Otherwise it would be difficult for you(for Example you drive a car and if infinite intelligence heals your Trauma you could be overwhelmed and not drive correctly)