DocWatts

Leo, have you considered making a video for Ken Wilber's Four Quadrants model?

12 posts in this topic

As it would be a good extension of your Spiral Dynamics series, and it would be interesting to get your take on other types of developmental models (such as the video you did on Susanne-Cook Geuter).

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t done a video on Wilber before. 

Oh god.. now he's gonna do a 4 part series on the quadrants, 2 hours each.

..and I'm gonna watch them all ..twice.

Ooh this would be lovely :x

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

It is ironically dualistic.

Or should I say quadratic? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oooh Leo, could you make a video on generational differences as well? Emphasizing how they are related to the Spiral Dynamics model, as well as Gardner's multiple intelligences and how it pertains to each MEME? :)

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

I think Leo need to develop his own thing now. common infinte intelligence

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is ironically dualistic.

Or should I say quadratic? ;)

I'm sure the irony of an 'all quadrants all levels' approach itself being true but partial is not lost on Ken Wilber xD

That said, I do think the model is more useful in some ways than Spiral Dynamics, though I'd imagine it would be of limited utility to someone who's not already versed in developmental models.

Edited by DocWatts

15 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Oh god.. now he's gonna do a 4 part series on the quadrants, 2 hours each.

..and I'm gonna watch them all ..twice.

Then, there would need to be a fifth video comparing/contrasting Wilber's model with Grave's model. @Leo Gura can't skip that one. 

4 hours ago, DocWatts said:

I'm sure the irony of an 'all quadrants all levels' approach itself being true but partial is not lost on Ken Wilber xD

That said, I do think the model is more useful in some ways than Spiral Dynamics, though I'd imagine it would be of limited utility to someone who's not already versed in developmental models.

I was being cheeky.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm currently reading Sex, Ecology, Spirituality, and it's fucking hilarious because there are things he could explain in a single paragraph that he explains in a few chapters. So . . . the book is like a 1000 pages long.

16 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I'm currently reading Sex, Ecology, Spirituality, and it's fucking hilarious because there are things he could explain in a single paragraph that he explains in a few chapters. So . . . the book is like a 1000 pages long.

I'm fine with a 1000 page book, but I do wish he didn't have to devote so much space to re-explaining things he's already written about in ten other books.

Maybe different starting points for newcomers and returning readers might be useful in a hypothetical revised and edited edition of some of his longer books.

Edited by DocWatts