Harikrishnan

How to ground myself

4 posts in this topic

A idea comes in my mind when reading something or seeing a video, or out of  space. an idea if developed fully can be good way for me to express fully either by a script or video, i get very excited cant go on reading, watching etc and starts to thinks about it, starts walking here and there for sometime one thought takes to another all of a sudden i get lost in random thoughts, my excitement slowly goes down and i go behind doing something else. 

no action taken. This is my life for decades.?(p.s i meditate do yoga and also practice most of things said here)

have u people had something like this if so how do you stick to action without getting over excited and not accomplishing anything?

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Something that I found out to be extremely grounding is coming up with a set of goals for a 1 year and 2 years (different goals) period time. You can deconstruct your life into categories that seem fit and you value at this point of life (example: love, social, family, job/career, financial, spirituality, personal development, intellect, etc — choose as many or little as you want). You can either come up with one or two specific goals for each category or freely write your goals. Categories are helpful just to have a perspective of what you value and want to improve in your life. 

Then, write them down every day. For this, make them simplistic, even if they stand out for something bigger, what matters here is that you're reminded of it on a daily basis. 

For me, this looks like an A5 page of goals, that I write down every day. Takes 5 minutes top.  

In general, I'm not a very goal-oriented person, but I find discipline as the gear for goals and writing them down every day as the ground and the why. The fact that you're writing them down every day also helps you to consolidate them. They won't be something you simply just came up with, but the product of consolidation. Hope it helps!   

Yes. There are a few tips that can help provided you already do meditation. 

Capture it. Particularly if you're the type who talks to himself a lot keep the phone with a recorder app nearby. If you think more than talk write down the main ideas when you feel like the sudden brainstorm is dying down. Revisit these once in a while and over time the signal will get separated from the noise. Good ideas will tend to stick and resurface again when watching podcasts or reading stuff. You want a record of it so you can pursue further at a later time. 

This takes me to the second point. Get into the habit of exploring these ideas once captured. Try to formalize to a certain degree a time period when you specifically reflect back on those insight. 

Meditation is necessary but not sufficient. It will still your mind but will not in and of itself necessarily improve the way you use your mind. You'll be more aware of the mind, gain the capacity to gain distance from it, but training how to use the mind when it needs to be used is a different thing. 

@Barbara @lacsativ Thanks for some  good points. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi