christopher aoun

Just starting out learning about EGO... I'M 18

7 posts in this topic

Leo! I just started out learning about EGO after years of watching your self help videos- NO KIDDING! I have been viewing your content since I was in the 5th grade. I'm 18 now, heading to college soon and I stumbled upon the "3 stages of ego development'' portion of your channel. I've sort of been noticing I have a big ego being an athlete and all and having your videos pop up was just PERFECT TIMING. I didn't want to start off the best years of my life not knowing that I was apart of the "rat-race". I don't where I fall under the conformist category. I really don't think I am post-conventional let alone transcendent at the monet, but I also don't feel I am anywhere near being an opportunist. I definitely fall under conventional but I don't know WHICH ONE. I want to figure out where I'm at and move up from there with acquired knowledge in the long run. What do you suggest I do? Thanks.

U are supposed to have ego at 18. U are supposed to build and grow your personality. Ego saying ego is bad, is more ego, more play. U are supposed to grow your being and form yourself in a particular way, there is nothing wrong with that. The egos has to be dressed and then undressed. Do not try to undress it before it has consolidated, it can give u great troubles in life, I tell u from experience. True spirituality is also ego work, and understanding it. How are u gonna "kill" what u didn't even know existed, u didn't even know how it formed or how it operates. SO take it with calm and enjoy the ride.

9 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Read, read, READ...

*Leo has a booklist.

No longer in use eh?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Read, read, READ...

*Leo has a booklist.

yes!

20 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Read, read, READ...