Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt23

Anyone in B.C. feeling da heat?!!! Climate change much!

26 posts in this topic

Wanted to connect with people on their experiences and thoughts about the huge heat wave hitting B.C., Canada.  

Like, I've never felt heat like this before.  This is nuts.  

What are your experiences?

How is your community and surrounding ecosystems being affected?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I'm in the Cowichan Valley where it's getting pretty bad. I've gotta work in it this weekend....... AND probably gonna have to fight some wildfires too AND my ankle is bummed.............

On top of that I have to listen to fucking boomers during the day, "Oh global warming isn't real this is just the way the Earth is, it's actually getting COLDER! Justin Trudeau something something....."

xD we live in a clown world!

hrhrhtewgfegege

Kamloops could hit near 50C on Tuesday. I invite people to look on a map of where that is lol.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Come visit Vegas to calm your tits. ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lol Leo, its gonna 110 degrees over there tommorrow.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

4 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

its gonna 110 degrees over there

I call that an average day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

Lol Leo, its gonna 110 degrees over there tommorrow.

At least the air is dry there so you can breathe. 

@Matt23 I'm in Vancouver and I had the hardest day at work in a while. I just felt so drained. 

I mainly notice the difference in winter. In my home country in Europe there would have been snow each year as long as i can remember. The last 4 winters you could throw a barbecue in the evening in December.No traces of snow on the lowlands

We have seriously f..ed this planet and it is not getting better

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It's fun and games now before food and water security starts to be at serious risk.

Glory to Israel

What do you think how long it will take for the old people to start dropping like flies because of the heat? 

28 minutes ago, Opo said:

What do you think how long it will take for the old people to start dropping like flies because of the heat? 

You sneaky gerontocide enabler ? Have some compassion for the old and the frail and the flies and keep your ageist beliefs hidden under the radar. ?

The local meteorologists said here that 24th June was the hottest day since the late 1800s here at 40 degrees celsius during the day.

I wonder if also all the air contamination in the city and all the fumes from the heavy industry here had something to do with it. The government here said we wont stop burning coal at our power plants so some workers won't lose their jobs at these state enterprises and won't aim to go coal free like Germany wants to till 2030.

Don't want to go green then ready yourself for some basal cell carcinoma. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

I’m fascinated by the natural processes that would kerb mans proliferation as he disturbs too much of earths nature. Covid-19 could be an intriguing example, if it is a result of humans and animals living in too close a proximity in markets that are as concentrated and confined as they are due to the demand for resources as a consequence of overpopulation, then that could serve as an example of man’s encroachment on nature resulting in a return to equilibrium.

@Matt23 Vancouver here, yes definitely.

Looking at the weather app right now and wow, 38°C & 39°C this Sunday and Monday, I don't think we've ever experienced the high 30s ever before out here. This heat is literally like LA weather from what I remember.

20 to 28°C was an average day for us in the Summer

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I am in Nova Scotia, it's been real hot

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I call that an average day.

16 hours ago, Opo said:

At least the air is dry there so you can breathe. 

Yeah, the heat is actually really nice as long as you got decent sunscreen. It feels like warm blankets. Lol plot twist, the desert heat is infinite love. :x

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

11 hours ago, Milos Uzelac said:

You sneaky gerontocide enabler ?

I'm bringing attention to the important social issues of our time. ?

Have some compassion for the old and the frail and the flies

Compassion is not a problem because when I get old I'll experience worse heat than the boomers now. 

and keep your ageist beliefs hidden under the radar. ?

My dude repression is not the answer. 

18 minutes ago, Opo said:

I'm bringing attention to the important social issues of our time. ?

Compassion is not a problem because when I get old I'll experience worse heat than the boomers now. 

My dude repression is not the answer. 

What can I say I think you are right on all of those points in the factual sense. Yet, for me personally, your presentation and delivery seemed off like it was coming from a place of contempt. My bad if I misjudged and projected onto you my assumptions. I owe you a sincere apology, if that is the case, my duderino as Destiny would say when I remember watching him (though I think I remember he would rarely apologize and only to a few people he ad hominemd heavily after the debate was over). :D

Edited by Milos Uzelac

41 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

Yet, for me personally, your presentation and delivery seemed off like it was coming from a place of contempt.

I was being silly. 

When I write something stupid like that don't take it seriously. 

44 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

My bad if I misjudged and projected onto you my assumptions. I owe you a sincere apology, if that is the case, my duderino as Destiny would say when I remember watching him (though I think I remember he would rarely apologize and only to a few people he ad hominemd heavily after the debate was over). :D

Thanks. 

Lol I had to google Destiny apologizing. Never saw him do it. 

9 minutes ago, Opo said:

I was being silly. 

When I write something stupid like that don't take it seriously. 

Right, I'll make sure that next time I will have that in mind when we have a convo on this platform.