EntheogenTruthSeeker

Discussion: How Christianity Falls Short

21 posts in this topic

Everyone feel free to give their opinion on the cons of Christianity and the pros of you feel compelled as well. I’m deep into Christianity. My mom has dreams of Jesus talking to me every night now, so I’m convinced of the Christian path for my awakening. 

Love, Mark

5B514B7A-E12C-489B-9AE3-0208646FE25A.jpeg

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

If Jesus was actually a person and not just a name attached to the teaching,then everyone is Jesus. 'The Father" or "God" represents the Cosmic Mind that's imagining all of reality into existence, including the your Imaginary physical body. "The Son" represents the physical body or avatar for God(the Father). That's what Jesus meant when he said the Father and I are one. Also when he said,I am the tree and you are the branches. He was speaking from his True Nature, the tree represents God,the branches are the "physical" bodies that God uses to experience itself and talk to itself. The holy spirit is the realization of the Truth that sets you free of suffering. The Truth being that you are the Mind behind the dream and your Avatar is for you(God) to experience the "dream" or reality as you know it. One dreamer,many avatars but all are just different aspects of the One Mind.

Edited by Adrian325

Fall short of what? there isn't a real bar or goal to reach.

It wouldn't matter if you memorized every single religious texts in existence.

It doesn't matter in any way at all whether you diligently practice Christianity or Buddhism your whole life or masturbate and eat cookies on the couch.(preferably vegan cookies jk)

God isn't a judging entity as you are.

We tend to superimpose our beliefs onto what we think God should be like.

Christianity ask's for forgiveness when there wasn't a judgment to begin with.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The key thing to keep in mind is Love. If something doesn't feel good in your heart center then it's probably not you but your ego. If you follow your heart you'll be happy with yourself at the end of it all. That's why Jesus taught against judging others,that includes judging the judgers. To look past the mask and see the divinity that dwells in everything. "Chaos is only devine order."

"If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be—a Christian." -Mark Twain

@Kalo @Adrian325 @VeganAwake @Adrian325 I’m ready to do 5MEODMT in Mexico at Arkana retreat in Mexico. Is this Christ like? Bible says to be sober. I have ocd and a lot of guilt and shame so I just hope I’m not disobeying god by doing this but I have serious OCD, trauma, addiction problems and I just don’t want to disappoint Jesus Christ. 

please be gentle with me or brutal. I want the cold hard truth. I’m 100% ready to die forever on 5MEODMT. I’ve been waiting 5 years. 

I think 5meo will make all this Christianity stuff way more integrated and less neurotic, y’all feel?

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

43 minutes ago, Kalo said:

What are you going to do with 5-meo bro?

Just inject some speed and some hours later....

God is speaking through you telling you He is some hot girls and yourself and also the demon which tried to totally possess me from within some 2 hour before (true story)

Yeah I know I'm God. The experience was real, I know it was God who spoke through me, I don't need to go into detail.

I don't however need the most powerful psychedelic to know that.

I'm naturally born spiritually graced and gifted, choosen by God itself ♡♡ ☆☆

Tell me one spiritual experience and see if I haven't experienced it ;)

Have you seen or even glimpsed the infinite?

You should not do 5-MeO-DMT, you are bipolar and there is a high chance a psychedelic as strong as 5meo will mess you up.

I also feel like if you truly embraced non-duality you wouldn't say or comment Jesus this Jesus that all the time like you do. You seem to place much more importance on the biblical figure Jesus Christ rather than what's actually being taught here.

Edited by Mafortu

It seems to me that most Christians are just believing strange things rather than exploring the nature of reality for themselves.

Edited by Beginner Mind

There are no real should or should not's.

Sometimes the worst decisions end up being the best.

"The first step is usually to collect information. You have to look at the facts of the situation: What's for and what's against. But even then, you still may not be able to come to a conclusion. For example, if you're choosing between two three-bedroom houses, and they're just about the same price, and they're in just the same kind of neighborhood, you're not going to get very far. Pros and cons are one level of decision-making but not the most vital one.

When we can't make up our minds, it's because of our minds, or what I call "the voice in your head." Many people don't even know they have this voice. But it's talking away, creating a never-ending inner monologue. Sometimes the voice is even engaged in a dialogue, because it splits into two and you start talk to yourself. The chatter is so incessant it's like having a continuous humming sound from a refrigerator or an air conditioner in the room with you and after a while, you don't hear it anymore.

During tough choices, this voice isn't very helpful. Often it criticizes, keeping a running commentary about you and all the things you did wrong or you just didn't do. It criticizes others as well. It's like living with somebody who can't stand you, much less anybody else. You wouldn't want to live with a person like that. You would walk out of the relationship. But since you can't get free of your mind, you're stuck. The result? You get discouraged. You can't see the positive side to what might come from your decisions.

The voice in your head also creates a huge amount of problems that aren't really problems. They're just things that haven't happened yet, things that could happen tomorrow or next week. Listening to unreal problems has another name: worrying. That's what the voice in your head does. It what-ifs. It frets. It agonizes, and you can no longer sense the joy of life.

Next: When the voice in your head begins to complain

If it runs out of other ideas, that voice in your head then turns to complaining. Now, I'm not talking about complaining when you go to somebody and say, "This is wrong, and it must be put right." For example, when you're in a hotel and you see there's no hot water. Of course, you should phone the front desk and say, "I'm trying to take a shower. Can you please help me?" In these cases, something can be done. But when you're in situation where you're still making up your mind and you don't know where to go next, the voice in your head begins to complain about everything else, even things unrelated to the situation: the weather, how bad the economy is, how your life wasn't supposed to turn out this way and why everybody but you seems to figure things out. Complaining adds nothing except heaviness. It gives you a big sack of rocks to carry around on your back while you're trying to figure out what to do, and it prevents you, in many cases, from taking any action at all.

Now imagine that that voice inside your head suddenly stops. You realize, Wow, it's so beautifully quiet. This is exactly what you need to make an effective choice. You need to be present. You need to be free of anything other than what is happening now.

Of course, you can't just snap your fingers and suddenly it happens. Some people first experience it during extreme sports. Climbing a mountain, for example, finding footholds and handholds, they realize they're not thinking at all. They're totally present, because if they slipped into having thoughts, they would fall off the mountain. Others go into nature. They look at the beauty all around them, they listen to the birds and the rustling of the leaves and suddenly they realize that this is what being present is. But you don't have to wait to become engaged in some dangerous activity or go into the wilderness. You can choose to be present anywhere, in any situation, by moving the focus of your attention away from thinking and into the aliveness of your entire body.

When you're present, your sensory perceptions—your hearing, your seeing—instantly increase. You'll feel a stillness, one that you don't have to manufacture. It's been there all along, under all that thinking about "what to do." You'll be able to see the difference between: here's the situation and here is what my mind is saying about the situation, or, in other words between: "I might lose my job" and "I might lose my job, which will mean I'll lose my house and have to take my daughter out of her school and move in with my parents, so I have to get another job by the end of the week, even if there are no jobs and I'm not skilled enough to get one."

This doesn't mean that you completely disregard or ignore the future, and it doesn't mean that you can no longer think about what you're going to do tomorrow. It just means that the focus of your attention is in the present moment. You need to plan for certain things but always come back to the immediacy and liveliness of what's really happening.

Next: How to start living in the present moment

How do we do this? One way is to start recognizing that voice in your head. Once you hear what you're thinking, you may be able to stop thinking. Another way is to ask yourself What problem do I have right now? Often, this wakes you up. You'll have to admit: All right, right now I don't have a problem. For example, at this very second, you haven't lost your job. You may lose it later, but at this very second you have a job. Yes, you still may have a challenging situation that will later require action. But that's not a problem, is it? It's an event. Further, should a problem arise, right this second, then you'll do something about it.

Once you understand what your situation actually is—which is not what that voice in your head says it is—then, of course, you can stop struggling. The situation exists. You don't have to worry about it or drink over it or cry or debate or ask others for advice. You can stop resisting it because what was making you sick was your own thinking about it—not it.

In fact, you're able to go on with your normal activity—and that's where intuition comes in. Because when you connect with stillness, you also connect with a creative intelligence that is higher than analytical thinking. Very often, the right decision then arises spontaneously. It may not happen immediately. It may take your going back to your normal life, but this time period gives your intuition the room and silence it needs to surface.

Ultimately, I believe, whether you choose one way or the other doesn't matter. If you're present when you make your decision, then you'll be present in the next situation—and be ready to make choices as the need comes up. Of course, you always could have done things differently. But the ultimate importance is not what you do, it's how you do it—the state of consciousness brought to the process, which hopefully will let you feel the aliveness of all your experiences".

- ET

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

@Kalo @Adrian325 @VeganAwake @Adrian325 I’m ready to do 5MEODMT in Mexico at Arkana retreat in Mexico. Is this Christ like? Bible says to be sober. I have ocd and a lot of guilt and shame so I just hope I’m not disobeying god by doing this but I have serious OCD, trauma, addiction problems and I just don’t want to disappoint Jesus Christ. 

please be gentle with me or brutal. I want the cold hard truth. I’m 100% ready to die forever on 5MEODMT. I’ve been waiting 5 years. 

I think 5meo will make all this Christianity stuff way more integrated and less neurotic, y’all feel?

do it without a doubt. Obsessive compulsive is probably a manifestation of your guilt. With 5meo it is possible that you realize that there is no fault, only what is, shame is the real "sin", lack of humbless. it can have huge benefits. It can also be unbalancing, but one have to take risks

Edited by Breakingthewall

All paths are it's path. Be very very attentive to whatever forms he presents to u. In my case is buddha, which is actually funny. When I connect with god whe he shows with form it does in a buddha form. In whatever form he appeals and calls u follow it full-hearted. Because he knows which path is more suitable for u, which is your best way and if for the moment he manifest through the cristian religion let it follow u with a full heart. However, also be concious of it's blindspot and understand it as the tool God uses for you to realise him, but do not mistaken the tool for him.

I am very wise on christianity and I tell u it's a greath path. The main problem I find it is symbolism and criptic texts. If u had an actually translated version of what everything means in the bible u would be very much surprised. For a example, the holy spirit is conciousness. The trinity means that God is with form (Christ), without form (God-Father) and beyond (Holy Spirit). Also the virgin mary is God-Mother, however 4 cultural reasons has not been accepted yet and this procces is gradual in the church, they recognised she was virgin, then that she had no first sin and probably in some centuries they will recognise she is God-Mother. So God also manifested in his femenine form for the compasion of that path, to be it unified. Also, the trinity defines the states of God absolute beyond definition, as Truth (God-Father), Love (Christ), Conciousness (Holy Spirit). And this is just the tip of the iceberg, the knowleadge christianity has about God is beyond understanding but it's very much criptic/occult/secret. That is why I really encourage u to study the life of the Saints, those who have already done that work. I encourage you Saint Thomas of Aquino to have a ground of what actually God is, in christianity. Then Saint Teresa of Jesus, an amazing God-Realized christian mystic. Antoher God-Realized mystic is Saint John of the Cross. On the other hand, I'm very devoted to Saint Benedict of Nursia, which is exhuberant of God's grace and blessings, so all prayers to him overflow u with light.

San Benito de Nursia (Abad) - Patrono de los exorcistas.jpgJohncross5.jpg

Teresa_de_Jesús.jpg

In your practice u should incorporate the rosary and always have it in your hand or with you. Always pray, be always thinking of God, contemplating him, loving him... Also use as much iconography, religious objects as u possibly can. Because this are the tools by where the grace is distributed and organised in christianity. Also attend as many times as u can to any religous activity, specially those with special dates. Also pray to the proper saint of each day. One of the best things u can do is to always chant the name of God, all the time: as a chain in the river, by following God's name u will arrive at the earth, to his being. Be lost in your love and desire for God. MAy u receive the blessings of all saints and Mysthics, may God bless your path and make u arrive at his heart, which is one and the same with yours. Lots of love!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

But most important: Remember this is the tool that God has used for u to arrive to him, do not mistaken the tool with him. For some the tool is buddhism, for others hinduism, for other spiritualty, for others non-duality, for others guru, for others is meditation, for others is nothing, for others is suffering... Whatever path God gave u to arrive to him, follow it full-hearted, but always remember this is a tool not himself.

6 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

The Truth? Sure?

If u are a devote or a follower of Christ or the Church it would be a great dishonor.

If u want to be Christ itself and realize him in your being, is the best thing u can do.

So it is easy, devotee who prays him, or someone who wants to discover his own inner Christ and manifest it. This happens in all religions, are u a devotee of shiva or shiva himself? Shivoham. Are u Buddha or a devotee of Buddha? Shiva, Buddha and Christ want the best for u, and that is to realize that u are actually them, no difference. U are shiva, U are Buddha, U are Christ. From that point u shall act to discover that inner nature, whatever path that is. To realize Christ: to meet him. That is what Christ showed us, I am the highest human potencial, u can also achieve this.

Or u think that Christ not drinking water for 40 days in the desert was not hardcore af? Of course, however in this times u have much more advanced tools like 5MeoDmt.

So the question is clear: Are u a follower of Christ or Christ himself? If it's the first one, don't do it. If it's the second one, what are u waiting for?

9 hours ago, Kalo said:

I believe I might be Jesus's second coming bro.

Claims like this one is out of touch. Stay grounded, please. Thanks.

Please seek some competent psychotherapist.

Don't escape from your inner pain by any beliefs.

It seems your mother contributed to your traumas.

Develop your reason, and the art of discernment.

And don't just get married without seriously thinking about it's implications.

And stay away from any drugs or psychedelics until you stabilize yourself.

Edited by Bojan V

I think the worship of God and Jesus is not healthy especially for people with a mental health issue. It’s a religion with many issues, not least that it promises you all kinds of things after death, which there is no way of testing or checking. It’s not much short of a fever in the brain, which stirs up all manner of irrationality. You’re being asked to take an awful lot of things on trust, which the religion disguises by inventing a special virtue called faith. It is however all hokum, the imaginings of psychotic prophets.

I find Buddhism and particularly secular Buddhism a much saner religion. That particular stream is very driven by ehipassiko, come and see for yourself whether a teaching is true or not, and if you find it not to be true just set it aside. Much of what can’t be proven can be treated agnostically, neither held to be true nor false, because there are many things that we cannot know. But that doesn’t mean we should blindly believe in them, or even pass them on to others. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

This is more of a rant to be honest,,,,

Fundamentalist Christianity amounts to a heartbreaking stupidity essentially being as Yogananda termed it. "Little more than the practice of " Jesusism" and "Churchianity", One reason Is the refusal of those to have an honest look at what was perpetrated by the Roman government's influence in manipulating many of the early Christian texts such as what occurred in the Council of Nicaea around 325 AD.  Those who take the dogma handed down and accept it as a belief are doing them selves a grave disservice by simply perpetuating simply no other than a vested interests in knee high bullshit. 
What sense is there in an Anthropomorphic God the father scapegoating his son in a horrific sacrifice and torture because he made a snafu when he’s supposedly created us yahoo’s. 
I do give credence to the idea that there was an historical Jesus though who did carry out an act for demonstrating a much needed lesson for the evolution in consciousness for the betterment of mankind. That of mercy towards others and overlooking of grievances or forgiveness. But do you think this highly conscious being actually wants to be worshiped as a sort of idol? In my mind Jesus wants for all of us to be gifted with the kind of understanding whereby we can see though the ignorance and violence of those who still get caught in its grip. I have to admit that I’m still one of them but I keep on trying as best as I can.

From Maurice Nicoll-

THE LAW OF THE PENDULUM
“Our moods are all hung on to pendulums. We should not trust them. Unfortunately, we identify with them. We take them as ourselves. We say: ‘I feel,’ ‘I think,’ and so on. We forget that ‘Real I’ is in the centre of the pendulum-swing, and we allow ourselves to swing between ex- citement and dejection, between enthusiasm and depression, between over-valuation and under-valuation, between conceit and humility, and so on, endlessly. In all this there is no centre of gravity.” V. 1, pp. 328-9

THE FEELING OF NOTHINGNESS
“When the Work says that a man must come to realize his own nothingness before he can be re-born, it does not mean that he must humble himself and so on, but that he must by long self-observation actually begin to realize that he is nothing and that there is no such person as himself. The object of this is to get into a position, psycho- logically speaking, between the opposites...Why is it so important
to get somewhere into the centre of the pendulum and not swing to and fro? Because here, between the opposites, lie all the possibilities of growth. Here influences from higher levels can reach us. Here, in this place where one can feel one’s own nothingness (and where one is therefore free from contradictions), influences and meanings com- ing from higher centres, which have no contradictions, can be felt. Not regarding yourself as good or bad, not priding yourself on being just or otherwise, not thinking you are well-treated or badly-treated, not being caught by either movement through identifying, you come into this mid-position. This is not easy! With personality active, it is impossible.” V. 1, p. 329

INTERNAL PHARISEES
“They read about the Pharisees and Christ’s continual condemnation of them, but they do not see that it applies to themselves—to their own False Personality. The Pharisee in you is your False Personality; it is always pretending to be what it is not.” V. 3, p. 916

CHANGE OF MIND
“The mind must change before the rest of the man can change. This is the same teaching as in the Gospels where it is said a man must first repent which really means in the Greek, change his mind. To change one’s mind means to think in a new way. But, to think in a new way, one requires to have new ideas and new knowledge.” V. 2, p. 430
CHANGE OF MIND II
“Now Man, a self-developing organism by creation, does not realize how much he owes by remaining asleep in life. He thinks he is owed. Thinking sensually, he must. This attitude needs to be reversed. It cannot be except by ideas that bring about metanoia—that is, change of mind...Now when a man in the Work begins to realize how much he owes by his life of sleep and yet can have it cancelled, he ceases to preoccupy himself daily with what he believes others owe him.”
V. 5, pp. 1649-50

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I need to correct something. When Jesus said Im the tree and you are the branches. I now know he meant that he is the dreamer and everyone else is him pushed out. Just like a night dream. All of existence is only what's in your direct experience. ❤️

On 6/25/2021 at 7:04 PM, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

My mom has dreams of Jesus talking to me every night now, so I’m convinced of the Christian path for my awakening. 

On 6/26/2021 at 0:26 AM, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

Your belief is based on hearsay, or what mom shared of her dreams. No thing or substance is needed to spot a belief (dogma). The wisest thing Jesus ever said imo is not to make him an icon, essentially, not to reduce his message to your beliefs, but to inspect for yourself, to see what is true. Likewise, no religion, including Christianity can “fall short”. It is your own inspecting which does, or of course, doesn’t. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE