Someone here

Accepting being

24 posts in this topic

It's because we are under the illusion that there is a goal.. the goal is real. In that illusion there is a constant movement away from THIS. . It is a perpetual denying of this just being. The movement away from this makes it appear real and seem like there is something to achieve or get.. in order to achieve fulfillment. The fullfilment is never satisfied permanently.. only through quick fixes.. which actually is the satisfaction of fulfilling/feeding the energy of needing.. for a moment. When this is only real and you deny the unreality that this is too.you are off balance and unsatisfied.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet of pointlessness and accept that there is nothing to do and nowhere to go. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

58 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet of pointlessness and accept that there is nothing to do and nowhere to go. 

No, you don't. Sometimes 'biting the bullet of pointlessness and accepting there is nothing to do' happens.. but you don't have to do it. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle those technicalities don't matter xD

-Osho

@Someone here does anything matter? 'Mattering' is a weird concept. 

25 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

does anything matter? 

Yes it does. 

No it doesn't. 

No it does. 

Yes it doesn't. 

-Osho

"Maybe" - The Chinese Farmer

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

It's because we are under the illusion that there is a goal.. the goal is real. In that illusion there is a constant movement away from THIS. . It is a perpetual denying of this just being. The movement away from this makes it appear real and seem like there is something to achieve or get.. in order to achieve fulfillment. The fullfilment is never satisfied permanently.. only through quick fixes.. which actually is the satisfaction of fulfilling/feeding the energy of needing.. for a moment. When this is only real and you deny the unreality that this is too.you are off balance and unsatisfied.

Insightful, but a pinch skeptical & nihilistic in the ‘there’s a bullet to bite’ philosophy, no? 

That the obtaining or actualizing of a goal will create happiness is indeed illusory, sans some fleeting pleasures, in the sense, veiled experiences of happiness for the separate self, or missing ‘who’ the happiness is which is appearing as experience, and indeed ‘chasing’. 

The goal (thought) is already ‘made of’ happiness / infinite being / love, as is the ‘physical manifestation’ or actualizing of the goal. The suffering is the belief I am separate (of happiness, being, love and therefore of the goal, creation, & manifestation of it), aka, “I am limited”, “I need x”, “I’m incapable of this manifesting”, or incomplete without x. 

The conscious purposeful creating of & focusing on of goals, via experience & preference, the feeling of the guidance, and the discovery of the true ease of allowing & receiving the manifestation - that ‘it’ (being) can be experienced ‘in the real’ as such, and ‘you’ are at the helm, is pure joy. Even more so perhaps, the realization and if you will, the parallel sharing of the realization of our being, is arguably an even greater joy. The ‘two’ so to speak, imo, can’t be beat. (I mean, it kinda can but how long to prostrate is kinda up to you. Soak up all the healin goodness ‘needed’, it’s unlimited :).)

Accepting there is nothing to do and nowhere to go can also be denial & as you say, a movement (as / of / in thought) away from that there is anything to do and everywhere to go for the creator… which can be anything and is being this. The perfection never ceases to be jaw dropping. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I can't get any closer to being what I'm already being, or any further away. 

@Someone hereCan I wonder why you created this topic? If you do hold the purposelessness of your being as a negative, why so?

@Lilia I don't think he thinks of 'purposelessness' as negative.  Such a wonderful feeling to realize there's nothing to do. 

?

Samadhi: "A disentangling from the socially conditioned mindmatrix known as "ME".

Osho: "Deprogramming your robotic behaviors".

Either way:

Everything is THIS whether seeking occurs or not.

You can't get outside of THIS to point back at it.

Remember there is no way to be, and there is no path because there isn't a real destination.

So in that sense every way is the way, it simply can't be done wrong or right.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I think there is sometimes worry that if it's realized there's nothing for you to do, that you won't do anything.   But I think this is like worrying that if a rock suddenly realized there's nothing for it to do, it would stop being a rock. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

On 6/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, Lilia said:

@Someone hereCan I wonder why you created this topic? If you do hold the purposelessness of your being as a negative, why so?

Expressing my thoughts. 

No I don't feel "purposelessness" is negative. It's quite a freeing thing to realize.  But you have to first pass that initial negative perspective. 

@Nahm nice. I like your philosophy. 

(can't BS you ?) 

-Osho

Do you need to accept that you're breathing in order to breathe?

13 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Do you need to accept that you're breathing in order to breathe?

Breathing can be voluntary or involuntary. 

-Osho

we are under the illusion that we have come a long way to get where we are ... and we never moved. we just add layers, or remove layers. but imo if there are more layers to remove, until there is nothing left. that's a goal

@Breakingthewall there is no goal. None whatsoever. Be as you are. :)

-Osho

You cannot accept something that already is.

In that sense; acceptance is an illusion.

There is no such thing in actuality.

Everything is always and already totally 'accepted'. If it wasn't; it would not be (happening). 

@ivankiss so presumably, resistance to actuality is likewise illusory? But why does acceptance feel a relief, and resistance feel stressful? Is there anything we can do to move from stress to relief, even in the relative sense? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

23 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

@ivankiss so presumably, resistance to actuality is likewise illusory? 

Yes. Furthermore; resistance can and often does disguise itself as an attempt to accept something.

24 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

But why does acceptance feel a relief, and resistance feel stressful?

That does not have to be the case, necessarily. Resistance can feel good, too. And acceptance can feel terrible. 

26 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

Is there anything we can do to move from stress to relief, even in the relative sense? 

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. - Relatively speaking.

Absolutely speaking; you are generating stress. You are generating relief. It is all your Will. Right now.

It is a matter of becoming conscious of this and remain in that 'space' - if you will. Then; you feel how you choose to feel - so to speak. Not how your circumstances dictate.

My advice would be; get really good at differentiating thought/belief from actuality.